Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista Shut Down Question by Roger
Vista Ultimate SP1. When I shut down my computer it goes from the desktop to the blue-green Vista shut down screen, blinks, goes back to my desktop screen and then does a normal shut down. How do I prevent going back to the desktop again? Not a problem, just annoying. Thanks, Roger Las Vegas
January 15th 09 11:08 PM
by Roger Go to last post
2 303
Bootup issue. by sag12
My HP Pavilion keeps booting to "System Restore"? And after you do a restore to a different time, it boots right back up to that spot. It just started doing this after a Microsoft auto update which I can not find out what. The update was done around 1:00am yesterday. -- sag12
January 15th 09 11:04 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
2 385
disable ease of access in login screen by Matt
Is there a way to disable the ease of access utility icon on the bottom left corner of the login screen (and the screen when you lock the computer) Here at school I constantly get people messing with these settings when i lock my system and walk away. Should the lock screen not be a complete lock on changing the system? Thanks in advance
January 15th 09 10:36 PM
by kesh9999 Go to last post
5 452
To turn off your computer or leave it on? by Bob Newman
Is there a way to have you cke and eat too in answer to the greatest computer question of all time? Can you set a Vista computer to turn itself off and back on again at predetrminted times? Thanks... Bob
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 15th 09 10:35 PM
by Bob Newman Go to last post
12 540
Printing through Primo PDF writer problems by Kathryn[_3_]
I have installed and used successfully the Primo PDF writer on my Windows XP machine. On my new machine, Vista - I have downloaded and installed Primo -- and it worked fine... until tonight. Now for some reason, from Word when I go to PRINT and select Primo PDF as my printer... and then Print... I can see the print icon on the status bar show the document "printing" --
January 15th 09 10:26 PM
by Kathryn[_3_] Go to last post
2 355
Only Da Sheep knows for sure by Whitey
This doesn't seem to be Vista related. "measekite" wrote in message ... I went to Da Barn because I needed rubbing and I was in need of Da Lamb Chop. When I got to Da Barn, Da Sheep were nervous. Da Sheep always shake when I come into the barn because Dey know what I am going to do with Dem. I will now get Da...
January 15th 09 09:46 PM
by Whitey Go to last post
0 294
Da Jerk count is going up by measekite
"measekite" wrote in message ... I just finished rubbing myself with Da Lamb Chop. Each time I rub myself (Da Baboon - I call it Da Baboon because it makes me think it's BIG), I increase Da Jerk count. So Da Jerk count has been increased.
January 15th 09 09:29 PM
by measekite Go to last post
0 278
Contacts Limit? by Maurice
Working with Vista Ultimate. Can View, and delete contacts but can add none. Have about 30 contacts. New contact generates the error sound and nothing else happens. Guidance sought.
January 15th 09 09:26 PM
by Maurice Go to last post
0 301
Does he by measekite
Does Da Jerk have jet lag. After a brief flurry he is letting Da LambChop go crazy. But Da LambChop is already crazy. Look at what we have in this ng. 1 Old Fart and 1 Young Fart both cut from the same log. Both forge names and both post under a variety of user handles. They are both stupid. The only real difference is one is much more of a piece of garbage than the other. Guess which...
January 15th 09 09:16 PM
by measekite Go to last post
0 332
Where/How to post formal bug report about Vista (Windows Speech Recognition) by Mark Conrad[_3_]
Have annoying bug which only occurs with WSR. Is there any section of Microsoft that accepts bug reports? Mark-
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 15th 09 08:43 PM
by andy t Go to last post
17 534
Toshiba Gigabeat and XP compatible w/ Vista? by Daisey826
I have a Toshiba Gigabeat that is XP compatible. Will I ever be able to use it with Vista? At this point, I can't even get the softwear to load properly. Does Vista not recognize softwear that is XP compatible? Or will I have to buy all new devices now that I have Vista on my computer? I am just frustrated because my old computer had Windows 98 on it and it was too old to use my MP3 player....
January 15th 09 08:24 PM
by GirlMeant2Fly Go to last post
6 311
Acronis True Image Home 2009 by oscar
In the past I have recommended Acronis True Image for a good backup tool for Vista, but my experiences with the very recent release of Acronis True Image 2009 and reports that there are bugs in this latest release, I recommend passing on Acronis TIH 2009 for 64 bit Vista.
January 15th 09 08:15 PM
by Matt Ellis Go to last post
8 317
Secure Log On by Vinay[_2_]
Hi I am trying to enable secure log on my computer. I am running Vista Home Premuim (32 bit) on a Toshiba Satellite notebook. I tried the method that was posted on this website on how to enable secure log on vista. When I tried, the Secure log on option box is greyed out (refer to attached screen shot). Does any one have idea as why that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 15th 09 08:02 PM
by Vinay[_2_] Go to last post
12 500
Dragon Naturally Speaking 9.5 installation problems by CES[_2_]
All, I was wondering if anyone has seen this problem recently and figured out a workaround... I'm trying to install 9.5 (FYI - which is no longer available on the Nuance.com site- Don't get me started!!!) on a 32bit version of Vista Ultimate. The error message is Error 1722... I've tried to install from my account profile and the Administrator Account and still get this Error. User Account...
January 15th 09 07:51 PM
by CES[_2_] Go to last post
6 385
System Restore gripe by Brandon Taylor[_2_]
One thing I REALLY hate about System Restore is that, more often than not, when you try to uninstall a program, the RESTORE POINT that Windows has to create before it tries to uninstall the program occupies much more space than the program originally did. Maybe Microsoft can alleviate this problem in their making of Windows 7? Weigh in on this and let me know what you think. Brandon Taylor
January 15th 09 07:44 PM
by Someone[_5_] Go to last post
4 314
Internet connection by jsema[_3_]
I have just installed Vista Ultimate & I can't connect to the internet.When I try to set a new connection It says broadband & I have AT&Tdsl.It tries to set up a network & I don't have a network card as I have only one computer.It keeps saying pppoe & as far as I'v been able to find on google this is a network thing.In XP they give you a setup wizard & it works so do I have to setup a router...
January 15th 09 07:08 PM
by Eric[_14_] Go to last post
2 293
"Set Association Control Panel" by CWLee
Running Vista Ultimate, 64-bit, in Classic Mode. How do I get to the "Set Association Control Panel"? I've looked in what are, to me, all the obvious places. I suspect it is called something else. I'm looking for it because I received an attachment from a friend in an email, and the attachment is photo1.dat and when I try to open it I'm told I need to associate some hardware/software...
January 15th 09 06:50 PM
by Brink Go to last post
1 309
Windows 7 is enough to kill Linux on the desktop ... by FBonWin7b1x64
Read'em and weep all of you lying linux trolls (all three of yous)! http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/review/392/1050392/windows-7-is-enough-to-kill-linux-on-the-desktop
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 15th 09 06:31 PM
by Steve Thackery[_2_] Go to last post
11 505
Trash can by Scott
As flash drive is used frequently, is there any trash can for the flash drive in case of accidental deletion to recover the files? Thanks and regards, Scott
January 15th 09 06:18 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
6 323
Problem installing Vista 64 bit by Colin
I have just bought Vista Ultimate with Service Pack 1. My DVD autorun is not working properly. I assume I must use setup.exe then. However, I want to install 64 bit version (so I use the 64 disc) and setup will not let me run (I presume setup is the menu starter). I get the message that setup.exe is not a valid win32 application. Can someone help? I am running Windows...
January 15th 09 06:15 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post

From The