Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Autorun CD Issue with Vista by RussellS
Not a time-sensitive emergency, as Vista won't be RTM for a couple months, but... I'm a small system builder who has always issued a Drivers & Programs CD/DVD with all systems sold. These CDs are basically simple disc-based webs, using basic html with an index.htm page, having basic hyperlink navigation to other pages on the disc for various component driver instruction pages, along with a...
September 12th 06 07:41 PM
by RussellS Go to last post
0 313
delete windows vista beta 3 by corneel
hello ,how can i remove or delete windows vista from my harddisk ? I don,t have made a partition for windows vista beta or any backup made from my harddisk? please can someone help me thx ?
September 12th 06 08:07 PM
by Mamamegs Go to last post
2 339
Can access Pop Email - RC1, Outlook 2007 by mpatten
I'm running Vista RC1 and Outlook 2007 (beta 2) and minus a few driver issues, everything seems to run just fine. However, I can't get Outlook 2007 to connect my company's Pop email server. It times out with 0x8004210B error. I've double checked all the setting and they look right. I even deleted and recreated the account in Outlook, with no luck. I can access via webmail, so there is no...
September 12th 06 08:12 PM
by mpatten Go to last post
5 357
copy from network drive happens twice, the second one with lots of security issues by Peter
Hi, When I copy (or move) a file from a mapped network drive to the system (e.g. desktop) I always get whistles and bells asking me if I want to overwrite. Yet the file was originally not there. Windows appears to copy the file first, then starts complaining that it's already there, and next gets you into trouble with all sorts of security issues. Vista RC1 Build 5600
September 12th 06 08:14 PM
by Peter Go to last post
0 312
Upgrade to RC1 by George Spiro
Hi, I am having trouble to get my drivers for my SATA to upgrade my current BETA 2 installation on my M400 Tablet. I am looking for the storage drivers for my SATA. Which seems to be a ICH7 Intel but I cannot find them anywere was anyone able to by pass this? Thanks, G.
September 12th 06 08:19 PM
by Olaf Krause Go to last post
6 403
Ain't Beta Testing Fun? by Lee H.
Gigabyte 7VT600P-RZ, AMD XP3200, 2 Gigs of cheap memory, 2 WD 250 Gig SATA drives in Raid O. Been running XP (on WD IDE drive) since it came out and finally have it where I want it. Now I'm bored! So, I played with Beta 2 for a while and just got it set up when Pre-RC1 came out. Didn't get too involved with that because RC1 was around the corner. Now: RC1! (All downloaded problem-free with...
September 12th 06 08:23 PM
by Possum Go to last post
7 434
Still No Email or DVD Kit by mojavekroc
Here it is 4 days after release and still no email. I have already downloaded the RC1, but geez louise, I would think that by now I would have gotten the email. Also, I had registered (and paid my $9.95) for the Windows Vista Release Candidate 1 (RC1) Evaluation and Resource Kit. I have emailed them about shipment but got a boiler plate response: Thank you for contacting the Windows Vista...
September 12th 06 08:25 PM
by Jim Boyle Go to last post
6 356
Gathering Files Cancels @32% by Lizard7151971
Hello All, Been running 5384 for a while, was glad to find out RC 1 was released. However, upon trying to install it, it will get to 32% and cancel the instalation. Just says it encountered a problem and it will go back to the inital instal screen. I am running it with an .iso program (two actualy, thought maybe it was the program running it. Virtual CloneDrive, and MagicISO.) I don't...
September 12th 06 08:28 PM
by Lizard7151971 Go to last post
0 363
Import Calendar From Outlook to Windows Calendar? by Stephen
Is there a way? Windows Calendar expects the file to be in RFC2445 format (iCal?) but Outlook has very limited export formats and doesn't have this option. Are Windows Mail & Windows Calendar intended to replace the same functionality in Outlook? Thanks, Stephen
September 12th 06 08:46 PM
by Leonardo Garcia Go to last post
1 365
Cisco VPN Client 4.8.01.0418 no working by KrzysztofM
It was fine in Beta2, but on pre-RC1 and RC1 I got the message: Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client. Reason 442: Failed to enable Virtual Adapter Anyone had this problem? Any solution? Christopher
September 12th 06 08:56 PM
by Hal9000 Go to last post
3 255
Icons in Vista RC1 'messed up' by Marc Nutty
Hi, I have noticed on two installs on RC1 32bit that when changing the icon of folders, some of the icons arent what they seem to be. For example here is a link to a screen dump I did when chaging the icon of a folder. http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7459/icontestnm1.jpg
September 12th 06 09:22 PM
by MICHAEL Go to last post
3 278
Cannot shutdown in RC1 by Beck
I cannot shutdown my laptop correctly now with RC1, it goes to the shutdown splash screen and just sits there with the cursor circle going round and round. I have checked the event log and it has logged improper shutdowns (where I forced it to shutdown by holding the off button) but it does not give any other information as to what may be causing this. It has happened twice or three times...
September 12th 06 09:37 PM
by DrNik Go to last post
6 251
Internet connection icon by Alice
Hi all, I am running Vista RC1. I have only one annoyance. I would like to see the icon in the notification area when I'm connected to the internet. I can't seem to find out how to do this. Thanks in advance, Alice
September 12th 06 09:37 PM
by Rock Go to last post
1 264
Switch back OS? by ret4425
I hate to sound like a playa hata, since I had an almost flawless RC1 download, burn and install experience, but with no Mobile Sync and problems getting my print server to work, can I boot up into XP by selecting the "earlier version" at startup? Or will that uninstall Vista? Thanks!
September 12th 06 09:46 PM
by Chupacabra Go to last post
4 243
shell: revealed by MICHAEL
http://shellrevealed.com/ Welcome to shell:revealed, the home of the Windows Client team. We're the folks that build the core user interface for Windows and we love every minute of it! shell:revealed isn't about Windows Vista, it's about Windows. Many of the people on the Windows Client team have been here a very long time and have plenty of knowledge to share with the world. This is the...
September 12th 06 09:52 PM
by MICHAEL Go to last post
0 308
SSL 2.0 turned off by default -- causes problems by Rob Wilkens
For example, if I go to http://www.harrahs.com, punch in my total rewards #, it tries to open an https:// (ssl) page, and apparently they use ssl 2.0, which I don't know how common that is, but I think it is fairly common. The result is a cryptic message about the 'network problems' and that they 'cannot be fixed automatically' but somewhere in the suggestions is a suggestion to make sure...
September 12th 06 09:54 PM
by Chupacabra Go to last post
1 239
rc1 email not recieved by B Barley
Am I like the only one that hasn't gotten the rc1 email yet? I know I activated with my key from beta 2 and even sent in several bug reports... No big deal, I got it already, just wondering if anyone else hasn't gotten their email yet.
September 12th 06 09:56 PM
by rjc309 Go to last post
9 385
ACER Utilities with Vista by Marc Nutty
Hi, Well, after installing RC1 and it not realising am on a notebook (cannot get ANY battery options up) - dunno if its because I done a dual boot or missed an option on the set-up but anyhoo, I wondered if there was an e-power management or summuts out their for notebooks? cheers, (ps. any help on the battery front welcome too!)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 12th 06 10:01 PM
by Marc Nutty Go to last post
12 487
windows live messenger by Beck
New install today, I cannot logon keeps giving me various errors that either my internet connection is not working or the system is down. Is anyone else having any problems? This is a new Vista install from yesterday and its the first time I have tried to reinstall live messenger since reinstalling OS.
September 12th 06 10:45 PM
by Beck Go to last post
0 274
Startup Problem by Norm Grace
I just did a clean install of RC1 (build 5600). After I enter my password at the logon screen, the system seems to begin to start normally then after the "Preparing Desktop" screen I receive the popup "Windows Explorer has stopped working and will close." After clicking the "Close" button I receive another popup "Search prorocol has stopped working." I tried reinstalling to no avail. I ...
September 12th 06 11:04 PM
by Norm Grace Go to last post

From The