Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
mandatory roaming profiles by Jeremy Schubert[_2_]
I want to move the student computers at our school from XP to Vista. I understand that there are issues working with roaming profiles in a mixed xp/vista enviromment. Is it any better if the roaming profile is mandatory? Or is it better not to have a mixed environment and to just upgrade everything to vista and create a new mandatory roaming vista profile?
January 11th 09 03:42 PM
by Jeremy Schubert[_2_] Go to last post
2 285
Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 upgrade nightmare? by Lee[_10_]
I have been using Vista Premium for quite some time and have had very little problems. Most of it was getting acquainted with it. As far as updates went also no problems until the famous SP1 came out. I tried numerous times to install it before calling MSoft. Told them I had no problems updating until SP1 was done funny thing is even after not being able to install it after a number of...
January 11th 09 03:28 PM
by Lee[_10_] Go to last post
4 400
playback sound thrugh multiple playback devices by Jonas
Is it possible to playback sound thrugh multiple playback devices? Or to switch playback device without restarting all applications? I have both speakers and headphones connected to my computer. I want to able to use them at the same time. Is there any way to accomplish this?
January 11th 09 02:36 PM
by basss Go to last post
5 389
Access to Com1 by Richardmatthews
I have an XP machine linked (via a hub) to my Vista machine. I have mapped the XP and from Vista can see it. The program I am 'calling' on the XP machine writes to a proper Com1 port which connects to a barcode printer.When I run my barcode prog from the XP all is fine because of course it sees the com1 port, but when I run the software from Vista (via the mapping letter), of course it tries to...
January 11th 09 02:06 PM
by Richardmatthews Go to last post
2 294
Can't open hyperlinks by Deb Shinder
Running Vista RC1 with Office 2007 beta. Can't open hyperlinks in email or other documents. Get message "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer." Can't find a setting in Local Security Policy or elsewhere for this. Didn't have this problem with Vista Beta 2 and Office 2007.
January 11th 09 01:22 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
7 743
Windows search and offline files by Duschnouk
I recently installed 3 Dell laptop (E4300) shipped with Vista Pro 32 bits french. In order to take advantage of the vista's new features over XP (these laptops are the first using vista, as my institute IT departement is only supporting xp for the moment) I configured them in order to use the offline files feature and indexing them - with all these data (offline files and index file) being...
January 11th 09 11:10 AM
by Duschnouk Go to last post
1 259
power options missing in vista x64 by djbb
the power options in the control panel is missing. i've tried searching and found 1 similar thread that led me to check with "sfc /scannow". i got 1 corrupted powercpl.dll tried searching on the net, and found 1 copy, got it replaced, but it doesn't seem to solve my problem... any tips? or is there any difference between 32bit and 64bit powercpl.dll?
January 11th 09 09:39 AM
by djbb Go to last post
1 251
How to get Windows 7 Beta Download by torque63
http://www.ehow.com/how_4712757_windows-beta-download.html
January 11th 09 09:37 AM
by Piet Go to last post
3 271
Toshiba Flash Card has stopped working ? by bobbiec48
I'm getting this message all the time now and I'm not sure what to do about it. I'm new to Vista and I can't figure out what the Flash Card thing is all about. It keeps telling me Windows will close the program & notify me if a solution is available. I'm searching for answers. -- bobbiec48
January 11th 09 08:47 AM
by Taren Go to last post
5 231
fonts by Whippy
How do I get a downloaded TrueType font to show up in Works? Or is it a case of they don't work in Works? TIA, Whippy. -- Beware of geeks baring .gifs
January 11th 09 07:56 AM
by Whippy Go to last post
2 288
Windows 2008 server wbadmin backup slow by [email protected]
Hello, I'm using wbadmin on W2k8S to backup 500 gig to a 2tb worldbook NAS at 1gb network speed, It takes 24 hours to backup. I can copy in around 3 hours. Does anyone know why it is so slooow? Is there any to change resource management on WBADMIN? Thanks,
January 11th 09 07:19 AM
by Synapse Syndrome[_2_] Go to last post
4 286
Vista Home Basic enquiry by poachedeggs
I am thinking of running Vista Home Basic on a six-year-old 1.3 ghz/ 250 gb/ 512 mb/ nVidia GeForce fx5200 desktop machine. I have kind of tested it by installing a Vista Home Premium recovery disc on it and leaving Aero and the sidebar off. Is there a _lot_ more to their difference than that? It's not performing too badly (and can do the aero glass though I'm not fussed about it), briefly...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 11th 09 06:48 AM
by Synapse Syndrome[_2_] Go to last post
23 531
Rengasrauta by Juhani Selin
Maailmaa parhaillaan silpova ydinpäästöjen synnyttämä nälänhätä alkaa saada sellaiset mittasuhteet, ettei sellaista olla nähty maailmansotien 40-luvun. Suomessa ei tietysti poliittisesta harhaisuudesta ja kaunasta johtuvan ydinhaihattelujen yms. takia olla tajuttu päälle kaatuvan nälänhädän globaliutta. Kuvaavaa tilanteessa on, että nyt kun jo neljäs maailman viljasatokato alkaa olemaan selviö...
January 11th 09 06:09 AM
by Juhani Selin Go to last post
0 204
HP NC 4200 12" (1,73ghz centrino, 1,5gt ram) by Oskari Vikman
23.05.2008 Aamusta asti on syydetty hätääntyneelle kansalle kas vihnettä vallattoman toimivaa mehiläistuhojippoa. Juu ilmeisesti hätääntyneet kansalaiset ovat jo viikojen ajan tukkineet puhelinlinjat tivaten syytä siihen , ettei pölyttäjistä ole koko maasamme harmainta hajua missään. Ja koska edes mehiläisliitto enää jaksa keksiä mysteeriin enää virannomaisiamme epäileville kysejille mitään...
January 11th 09 04:08 AM
by Oskari Vikman Go to last post
0 193
Recycling won't complete or cancel operation by SnLFuller
I've got Vista Ultimate x64 and recently had some video driver issues. After I fixed it my computer is acting strangely. It no longer finishes sending files to the recycling bin after I have selected them for deleting. If I try and cancel the operation it says "canceling" and won't go any further. Everything seems to function fine except for this. I logged out while this was happening and all of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 11th 09 03:50 AM
by Richie Hardwick[_2_] Go to last post
12 482
Clipboard - ERROR: Access is denied by eBob.com
I am using a new PC with Vista Ultimate x64. A few moments ago copy and paste stopped working. The copy part does not indicate any sort of error, but when I do the paste part I get nothing. I noticed this first with Notepad but since then have also noticed that I cannot paste into WordPad or the Firefox address window. After opening the notepad session I did at least one paste but then a...
January 11th 09 03:31 AM
by eBob.com Go to last post
1 240
How-To receive a valid Windows 7 beta key by steve
http://keznews.com/5232_How-To_receive_a_valid_Windows_7_beta_key Because of the overloaded Microsoft servers it can be hard to get a valid key. To get a valid key the fastest just follow these simple step. Thanks to scaramonga. Step 1 : Logon to http://technet.microsoft.com (click on Sign in in the upper right corner with your Microsoft Passport ID ie: Hotmail etc.)
January 11th 09 02:18 AM
by Yeff Go to last post
2 320
Cant change Ownership or Permissions on Vista Image by [email protected]
Hi Folks, I sure hope someone can help me out here. I made a image of a PC that was running Windows Vista. The image was made using Storage Craft ShadowProtect by connecting the HDD from the Vista Machine to a PC running Windows XP Pro. I then mounted the Vista image from the XP Pro PC, as a F: drive with read and write ability.
January 11th 09 01:56 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
9 249
microsoft: We have decided remove the initial 2.5 million limit on the public beta for the next two weeks by steve
http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windows7/archive/2009/01/10/here-s-where-we-stand.aspx Here's where we stand I know many of you have had issues with the Windows 7 Beta site over the last 24 hours. As you may have noticed the download site has been up and running smoothly since this morning. That said, we apologize for the inconvenience that it caused some of you. Due to an enormous surge in...
January 11th 09 01:20 AM
by steve Go to last post
0 175
My laptop keeps restarting! by yoyoally2
Okay every time I shut down my laptop and then turn it back on, it goes to where i type in my password and then it restarts and restarts over and over again. I got it to let my log in when I pushed F8 and chose where it went back to the last time it started up correctly, sry idk what the option actually said, but when I choose that I can log on, but now I cant restart or shut down my laptop...
January 10th 09 11:46 PM
by Andrew Murray[_8_] Go to last post

From The