Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Screen saver? by Larry M.
Ok, this is really got me puzzled, and I have no idea where else to turn. It seems for maybe the past couple of weeks it seems that sometimes the screen saver doesn't kick in. When the time for the monitor just goes right to sleep it does. W/o the screensaver kicking in, or after it runs maybe a minute. The odd thing is after I go and check the power settings, which all look fine, it works as...
March 16th 10 09:43 PM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
9 455
recycle bin on start menu by KRK
Hello, Is there a way of getting / copying my recycle bin onto the start menu button, eg up in the top LH corner? Thanks KK
March 16th 10 07:20 PM
by +Bob+ Go to last post
1 306
Where to post replies by Gene L.[_2_]
When replying to a news message, is it preferred to have the reply beneath the message being addressed or above it? I suppose there are supporters of each, but where do the people who answer these questions prefer the reply to be? It would be great if the message trail were uniform.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 16th 10 07:10 PM
by +Bob+ Go to last post
24 759
How to Sort Desktop Icons by Lassar
At times, your desktop shows icons sorted alphabetically in two groups. All users Desktop, and user Desktop. Create a temporary desktop folder. Copy the icons from the Windows Explorer Desktop into this folder. Now delete the desktop icons. Copy the icons from the temporary desktop folder to the Windows
March 16th 10 06:12 PM
by Lassar Go to last post
0 329
Backup because of Hard Disk failure. by WarNet
Hi, In my pc ,I have 2 HD: *1.*WD 160GB (8MB) 7200 RPM On which the OS is installed. *2.*Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Sata 2
March 16th 10 07:38 AM
by pacinitaly Go to last post
3 428
Set Word as Default Program by Cliffy
Can anyone help me get Word as my default program to open doc documents? I just got this new computer with Vista and am running Office 2007 Home and Student. Right now it gets all documents in WordPad and I can't read them. This affects all word documents I get e-mailed and or put on the drive with either disk or flash drive. Cliffy
March 16th 10 07:28 AM
by jiitampio Go to last post
2 389
March 16th 10 07:27 AM
by pacinitaly Go to last post
4 409
Windows Vista: error 1719!! Help! by Frank
My OS: Windows Vista Home Premium ,genuine I have a "Error 1719 ,Windows installer service could not be accessed" message when i try to repair or uninstall some programs such as Acdsee or Office2003. These programs were all installed in my C: drive. But this message appears when i want to uninstall or repiar them,even I tried to run the installation exes as administrator. There is no problem...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 16th 10 06:36 AM
by zelfire1980 Go to last post
23 942
Server Busy by zungul
Hi, I have some problem which completely I don't have idea what is that. When I try to open Nero program I'm getting message: '' (http://img59.imageshack.us/i/4444444444444444444u.jpg/) Can someone tell me what is problem and how to avoid it ? I press Switch to .... or Retry and nothing change.
March 16th 10 06:29 AM
by Russ SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] Go to last post
1 524
File Associations by nolanstern
When I goto Associate a file type for a specific extension, it has it associated to Wordpad when it should be Excel. However, I am not able to change it as the "Always Use the selected program to open" is grayed out and I can't get it be selectable. How do I do it so I can associate the file type to always for Excel. Please advise. --
March 16th 10 05:20 AM
by Jimmy Go to last post
6 313
Charging an IPod with USB by C.B.[_7_]
I'm in China where their electrical supply is 220V. I am using my laptop to charge my stepson's IPod. However, he is sometimes at his father's house where he only has access to a desktop which is using the 220V electrical supply. Does the desktop USB connection supply the same amount of power as my laptop USB connection or will I toast his IPod when using the USB connection on the desktop?...
March 16th 10 05:03 AM
by C.B.[_7_] Go to last post
4 293
favorite links empty by FireBlade41NL
Hello My Favorite Links bar is empty , but when i right click and open map with favorite links i see documents, pictures etc. Why is it empty ?
March 16th 10 04:48 AM
by RachelCervantes Go to last post
6 351
"Run as Administrator" context menu missing by yxq
My "Run as Administrator" context menu missing when right-click the EXE file, but appear when right-click some shortcuts, why? thank you.
March 16th 10 04:45 AM
by geekarmyofone[_3_] Go to last post
8 434
Windows Explorer top bar missing... by Paul H
How do I turn on the Windows Explorer bar that has "File Edit View Tools Help" on it? TIA, Paul
March 16th 10 03:44 AM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
4 349
Vista getting shut down by a Trojan by The Doctor[_2_]
Do anyone know what to to to scan for a Torjan on WinVista? This one shut the machine down within 5 minutes of startup. -- Member - Liberal International This is Ici God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee Hey! Hey! Ho! Ho! Lying Stephen Harper has got to...
March 16th 10 03:02 AM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
8 425
Can't access newsgroups other than Microsoft by Bijan[_2_]
Hi, Sorry about cross posting, but after reading my question you'll see why it was necessary. Where I live, the only newsgroup which I can access is on Microsoft's server; no other newsgroups are offered thru any ISPs (because of POLITIKAL considerations). I know that Google offers browser-based newsgroup review and posting, but
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 16th 10 02:55 AM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
11 679
TROJ_Gen.MZ40M3 PrevX by JimF[_2_]
I use Trend Internet Security (pre-installed) on a Dell Computer and Malwarebyte as virus scanners. Yesterday Trend found a virus "TROJ_Gen.MZ40M3" in File "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wr91562.dll". Malwarebyte did not find any infections in this file. Trend did not take any action but merely redirected me to the MS Windows update page. I have sent an email to Trend about 4 hours ago but so far...
March 15th 10 07:51 PM
by David H. Lipman Go to last post
1 801
Bought a new laptop. it has Vista 64-bit. How compatable are files by Brian V
Hi. I was using Windows XP on my desktop before. There was some changes I had to make with the hardware. I am currently on my laptop with Windows Vista 64-bit. I plan on installing XP or Windows 7 hopefully this weekend. But since it may take longer than expected: I do have certain files I transfered from my old hard-drive in an external hard-drive enclosure through my laptop onto an...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 15th 10 07:50 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
18 725
Where is the Windows 7 Newsgroup by Blue Max
Where are the Windows 7 newsgroups? We have reviewed all the newsgroups only to find one for about any version of Windows except Windows 7. Are there no Windows 7 newsgroups?
using vista paint by bullett55
Can someone tell a newie how to paint on a map I have googled to my screen? Thank you. Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
March 15th 10 03:13 PM
by Billns Go to last post