Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
God Bless You, Microsoft by Lightfoote
I installed a download of Windows Vista Release Candidate 1, using my Windows Vista Beta 2 CPP Product Key. A link appeared on one of the properties pages stating "Automatic Activation in 3 days." Today, my copy of RC1 automatically activated itself over the Internet. RC1 works much better than Beta 2. What a concept - automatic activation of software that works better than its...
September 13th 06 02:50 AM
by Lightfoote Go to last post
0 227
triple boot by warpsix
I have the windows x64 on one drive (sata 120gig) and I have vista rc1(32bit) on a 40 gig IDE drive. I would like to format both drives and have xp AND xp64 on the sata drive and have vista 64 bit on the ide drive and loose the vista 32bit all togeather. in what order should I install ? and is it safe for me to have the xp and xp64bit on the same drive? and any problems with formatting the...
September 13th 06 03:47 AM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
1 256
Vista RC1 is great! by Boomer
"Ted F" wrote in message ... I have been playing around with Vista Build 5532 - to - Vista Build RC1 5600. At first, it was a little painful with both builds, but, I got it to work. There are a few minor bugs but, I bet when the retail version is released some to all problems will be fixed. Most software(s) out...
September 13th 06 04:41 AM
by jwardl Go to last post
4 252
Mail server software for Vista? by Sascha Benjamin Jazbec
In Vista IIS 7 ( Internet Information Server ) is said to be included (control panel- programs - turn Windows fetures on or off ) This is a full webserver for HTTP FTP NNTP Mails and the like.. I haven't tested yet, but IIS always included also a Mailserver on NT/2000 and XP-so should Vista do.
September 13th 06 04:47 AM
by Sascha Benjamin Jazbec Go to last post
0 237
EC1 by stormavc
I joined the CPP and recieved my DVD of Vista Beta 2, I still have not recieved any email in regaurds to RC1. Will that be sent out to me, or do I have to download it from the site. Any help would be great, I like the new Vista and really want to see how RC1 will work on my system. Than You
September 13th 06 04:48 AM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
2 403
I know it has been here before Screen Savers by LarryM
Screen Savers will not work in RC1 any help out there Thanks LarryM
September 13th 06 04:52 AM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
5 287
copy a word document to a ppc? by Gerhard
When I try to copy a word document from vista to a ppc (axim30), I get the message: ”The file may be copied to the device for storage or transport only. It is not supported for use on the device itself.” This holds for word documents created in word2007 (beta) as well as in word2003. What has to be done to copy word documents for use on the device? Thanks in advance, Gerhard
September 13th 06 05:08 AM
by Sascha Benjamin Jazbec Go to last post
3 264
GRUB and RC1 by NeoDude
Has anyone gotten a Linux distro's GRUB bootloader (Ubuntu or related would help me in particular) to load Vista RC1? I am having zero luck on Pre-RC1 so I thought I'd ask.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 13th 06 05:15 AM
by Sascha Benjamin Jazbec Go to last post
10 454
can't find downloaded iso by Terry
Ok I'm running the 64bit version of Vista. I downloaded the iso TWICE now and no matter how I look I can,t find the file. I changed the folder options to show hidden and sys files and used admin privs to search and no luck. I do have another copy Iburned with my other XP machine but I need to find and remove the 2 iso's that are on the test machine because the 7 gigs they are hiding are eating...
September 13th 06 05:28 AM
by Sascha Benjamin Jazbec Go to last post
3 255
Sidebar bug? by Cerino
On my machine, when I tell the sidebar to be always on top, maximized windows go up to the left side of the sidebar and stop. (assumes sidebar is default right side of screen). Now follow these steps 1.) you bring a maxed window out of the task bar (outlook for example), 2.) get properties on sidebar and clear the always on top box 3.) when you click apply the maxed window takes up the whole...
September 13th 06 05:49 AM
by Cerino Go to last post
0 261
Eligibility for RC1 by Felidae
I am a CPP participant and have been using Beta 2 I have not received an email about RC1. Can I get one, please?
September 13th 06 05:53 AM
by **__Mike__** Go to last post
2 320
An error occurred whilst ensuring that your computer's machine-spe by Vista Blistered
I've been unable to install Vista; one of very many as I've discovered, since browsing this discussion group. Couldn't do an upgrade from XP because it ws installed on FAT32. Surely many, many users will be on FAT32, so why not allow an upgrade from this file system? Since a clean install was the only option, I tried this but got the error: 'An error occurred whilst ensuring that your...
September 13th 06 06:49 AM
by Vista Blistered Go to last post
2 317
Control userpasswords2 - ? by Hank Keleher
It's either bugged or disabled in lieu of a different tool or means of implementation. "PaulM" wrote in message ... Doesn't work here! Don't know what the problem is. "Steven G" wrote in message
September 13th 06 06:55 AM
by Steven G Go to last post
4 257
The calculator gadget disappeared in Vista RC1? by Joseph H.
The calculator gadget is the most useful one I think, and now it disappeared in Vista RC1. Does anyone know why? Is there any substutite to put on my sidebar? I really miss the calculator gadget in Vista Beta 2... Thanks.
September 13th 06 07:01 AM
by Joseph H. Go to last post
2 282
Hard disk never stops working... by Jerry
I am running Build 5384 on a 2.8 Ghz computer with 1GB RAM. My hard disk (40 GB, 10 GB free) never stops - something constantly happens there, even after having left it on overnight. Any ideas what that might be?
September 13th 06 07:07 AM
by Jerry Go to last post
5 208
Outlook 2003 can't find Exchange server by dudu
I have installed RC1 and Office 2003 on a virtual machine. When Outlook tries to connect to the Exchange server, it first displays a general "Outlook could not log you on ...." message, and when I click OK, it says "The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed.". I can ping the server. If I enter the server's IP address, it fails with the same error.
September 13th 06 07:43 AM
by dudu Go to last post
0 205
Vista download error RC1 everytime, please help by rochelle
I have tried to download vista RC1 several times and keep getting the same error at 98, 99 and even 100%. this is very fustraiting and i would like to know if anyone knows why this happens or if there is a better way or download manager to use. Any suggestions would be great, when the error occurs i get a message from ie crash dection along the lines of memory cannot be read and a error...
September 13th 06 08:01 AM
by rochelle Go to last post
5 237
Fatal error downloading Vista RC1 everytime!!!! by rochelle
is anyone else got this problem or know how to solve this, download fails with download manager and ie, have tried day and night for 4 days and either get up in the morn or come home from work and it has either had a fatal error or has timed-out using ie, please help Thanks
September 13th 06 10:21 AM
by scotty Go to last post
1 216
PCi Express card blues by Jon Acord
Vista build 5600 64 Bit/32 bit too- installs fine with one exception. My Nvidia PNY 256 MB PCI Express card only runs in 4 bit color! Yet, with both versions of Win XP 32 bit and 64 bit it works fine. I'm perplexed. In 'My Computer' Vista tells me 'not enough resouces to run, device disbled, unable to load drivers. Apparently Vista does not have the ability to assign Motherboard resources...
September 13th 06 10:56 AM
by Jon Acord Go to last post
0 227
An error occurred whilst ensuring that your computer's machine-spe by Vista Blistered
I've been unable to install Vista; one of very many as I've discovered, since browsing this discussion group. Couldn't do an upgrade from XP because it ws installed on FAT32. Surely many, many users will be on FAT32, so why not allow an upgrade from this file system? Since a clean install was the only option, I tried this but got the error: 'An error occurred whilst ensuring that your...
September 13th 06 12:48 PM
by Vista Blistered Go to last post

From The