Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Windows Shell Common by silver hair
Hi I've got a web page off center (Deutsche Welle) and the Video, in the pop up also is to the left and Video don't display properly, I used WMPlayer, It uses a Html 0,,1941 , when I try Flash its all the same when I searched my computer I landed in manifest (9860 Items) Most are dated before I bought the computer Others dated the day I had the computer restored to Factory...
March 13th 10 05:03 AM
by felizcrazy Go to last post
3 326
Rollback Media Player 12 to 11 on Win 7 by Erik Fuyu
Is it possible to rollback media player 12 to 11? On Windows 7, MP 12 does not recognize my portable CDrom player and does not show a Rip tab at all. MP 11 did all that without a problem. Thank you for your help.
March 13th 10 01:19 AM
by Erik Fuyu Go to last post
4 371
Cannot shut down - hangs with "Shutting down" on screen by GETTING BALD
I've been using Vista Home Premium with consistent performance for past 2 months. I was using the administrator account to login. My PC is a new Dell with Vista Home Premium OEM in it. No problems whatsoever so far. Last night, I did only 1 thing and 1 thing only.. I created a new standard user account for login to Vista. I then switched user and went to the new account. Tried to access the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 13th 10 12:01 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
13 678
Vista and Dynamic disks by Charlie Hoffpauir
What version(s) of Vista are capable of creating and using dynamic disks? (I have Vista Home premium 64 bit, and it doesn't seem to be albe to). Also, what version(s) of win 7? -- Charlie Hoffpauir Everything is what it is because it got that way....D'Arcy Thompson
March 12th 10 04:33 PM
by Leroy[_5_] Go to last post
2 306
unable to create dynamic disks by yawnmoth
In Computer Management - Storage - Disk Management, I right click on Disk 2, select "Convert to Dynamic Disk..." from the resultant menu and get the following error: The operation is not supported by the object. Any ideas? The disk I'm trying to convert is a 60GB 2.5" HDD connected to the computer via USB2. Also, how do I create mirrors in Windows Vista? In Windows 7, you
March 12th 10 11:16 AM
by John John - MVP Go to last post
1 367
Other screen resolutions for remote desktop by Magnusb
Is it possible to select other sizes for remote desktop than what is displayed as default? None of the sizes is good enough when running windowed. Either to small or to big. Want to have it almost maximized (wnd without scrollbars). One solution that works well for me but it is a bit heavy. I start a Virtual PC session which I have sized as large as I want it and inside that VM I run a...
March 12th 10 06:59 AM
by Magnusb Go to last post
2 298
Speech Recognition (SR) - Just How Useful Is It ? by Mark Conrad[_6_]
Hopefully this will be a constructive upbeat productive thread, unless the usual trolls pollute this thread. (SR = "Speech Recognition" to save space) Just how useful is SR, to Windows users? That of course depends on the user. One could say that SR is 100% useless to 99% of the
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 12th 10 03:25 AM
by Mark Conrad[_6_] Go to last post
11 719
Analog Tuner Function by OldManEd
I have an HP Pavilion running Windows 7 Home Premium. When I was running XP I was able to listen to FM radio direct (not over the internet) using a built-in FM tuner. I don't have that now. Was advised to 'set up' an analog tuner function. How do I do this? OldEd
March 12th 10 01:51 AM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
2 284
Bought a new laptop. it has Vista 64-bit. How compatable arefiles by long time windows user
On Mar 10, 8:47*pm, "LVTravel" wrote: "Brian V" wrote in message ... Hi. I was using Windows XP on my desktop before. There was some changes I
March 12th 10 01:42 AM
by long time windows user Go to last post
0 295
HP Color Laserjet 3500 on LPT1 will not print by M Skabialka
I changed laptops in a docking station and used a drivers CD to install the printer which was attached. Test pages and anything else I try to print goes into the print queue but never prints, finally showing an error. I downloaded the latest drivers from HP and installed them, but this hasn't fixed the problem. The original laptop still prints fine from that docking station. The old...
March 12th 10 01:35 AM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
7 8
BCD error... by Mike[_36_]
I'm trying to revive an HP Pavilion a1730n that won't boot, due to not being able to read the boot configuration data. From what I've read, alot of the fixes are based off of booting from the Vista DVD & chosing a repair option. This didn't come with a Vista DVD, I justr have the recovery disks you can create, but using them looks like it wants to wipe out & install from scratch, which is my last...
March 12th 10 01:02 AM
by Mike[_36_] Go to last post
6 380
Power Options by The Learner
I have an HP laptop using Vista SP-2. Until recently, the power settings worked the way I set them (especially shutting off the display after 15 minutes of idle time). Now, this particular setting doesn't work (the display stays on all the time). I haven't checked the other settings yet. Tried Google but couldn't find anything that applied. Suggestions for a solution?
March 12th 10 12:58 AM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
7 487
Unknown IP address by Morris[_3_]
I have to communicate from my PC (Windows Vista) with a device that runs Windows XP, has no keybord and disply. Problem is that I don't know its ip address. I thout to run WIreshark on my PC but I don't know whats the best ip address and mask that I should set in my PC to asure that the sniffer would "see" the packets. Can someone advise please? Regards Morris
March 11th 10 10:56 PM
by +Bob+ Go to last post
1 449
MICROSOFT OFFICE 97 SPACING by denny
having problems with MS program 2007 student, spacing no matter what I do the spacing still gives me double spacing after hard enter always double space and I have to reset for single spacing after hard enter if I don’t press enter will auto go to next line, sometimes I do not want a double space after hard return.PLEASE ASSIST IN HOW TO SET DEFAULT FOR SINGLE SPACE AFTER A HARD RETURN...
March 11th 10 06:42 PM
by LVTravel[_3_] Go to last post
3 373
tags by KRK
Hi I have imported some pics into my photo gallery, they are infested with tags. How do I remove large numbers of unwanted tags from photo gallery? (I can remove them one by one ok) Thanks
March 11th 10 05:31 PM
by Terry R.[_2_] Go to last post
1 509
Now that Nuance likely to be sold, "andy t" will need new set of lies g by Mark Conrad[_6_]
Rumors are rampant in a thread here, as to who is likely to gobble up Nuance, Microsoft, Google, or Apple. http://www.knowbrainer.com/PubForum/index.cfm?page=viewForumTopic&topic Id=9583 "andy t" will need a whole new set of lies about me, when I continue posting about Speech Recognition.
March 11th 10 01:19 PM
by undisclosed Go to last post
1 426
No icons by Karen F[_2_]
I have windows Vista on my laptop. I didn't like Windows Defender running so I typed "msconfig" and unchecked that block. When the computer restarted it kept telling me it can't find Windows Explorer so I shut down the computer completely. When I turned it back on I have not icons, no task bar. All that comes up is my wallpaper. I can't even do a restore. Please help! ...
March 11th 10 10:36 AM
by Michael Go to last post
3 354
How to delete deep directory hierarchy by Mário
Hello, I have a deep directory hierarchy (which was created programmatically) having a too long path name such that I cannot delete it from explorer or via DOS. I tried, rmdir /S /Q dir but it does not work.
March 11th 10 08:43 AM
by Mário Go to last post
5 425
links won't open by Roberto[_4_]
I am running Windows 7 with Outlook 2003 as my mail client, when I click on any link sent in an email they won't open, I can copy and paste links into my web browser IE8 and they work. A fix would be appreciated rgds Roberto
March 11th 10 01:29 AM
by Leroy[_5_] Go to last post
1 368
Postings for Windows 7 by neil154
Why is there no Windows 7 spot to post. Is there a different forum to post for Win 7?
March 11th 10 12:12 AM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post

From The