Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
How do I wake Vista? by FortuneSmiles
Switched my power options to high performance so it's set to never go to sleep - only to turn off the display in 20 minutes. -- FortuneSmiles
December 21st 08 06:07 AM
by FortuneSmiles Go to last post
0 255
New PC - launching Windows Media Center delivers black screen. by FortuneSmiles
Send it back??? You mean return the pc? Seems a bit drastic. -- FortuneSmiles
December 21st 08 06:06 AM
by Raymond Babbitt Go to last post
3 304
SATA is also IDE? by The Max[_2_]
On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 04:38:34 +0200, "i love vista" wrote: I am in disk management... Into the boob bin you go with all your other nicks.
December 21st 08 06:02 AM
by The Max[_2_] Go to last post
0 267
Newsreader by John L
Can you change the default newsreader in vista?
December 21st 08 05:48 AM
by Richie Hardwick[_2_] Go to last post
5 333
How do I wake Vista? by FortuneSmiles
CyberPower PC built to my spec. Vista Home Premium SP1 64 bit Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz ATI Radeon 4870 Gigabyte Mobo 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM Keyboard is a Saitek Eclipse II - USB Mouse - older Logitech Laser - USB Only a handful of software installs since purchase including:
December 21st 08 03:02 AM
by Charles Tomaras Go to last post
1 269
Program to fix iTunes duplicates? by rawbery79
I thought I had found one, but WHOOPS, had a virus in it. Three hours later... Anyway, I've got a lot of doubles in iTunes all of a sudden. This happened after my HD crapped out and I had a new one installed. Reinstalled iTunes and it had all my playlists and stuff...I added the music back to the music folder and re-added it to iTunes. Now it says I have 10k songs and nearly 50 gigs...but I...
December 21st 08 02:51 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
1 271
Windows Vista Stacking by Dave Thomas[_3_]
I have a folder with 28 files in it. 26 are exe (application files), 1 zip and 1 ram file. In Windows Explorer, when I click on Type, Explorer shows me I have 3 types of files: application, zip and ram. When I stack by type, Explorer creates 2 virtual folders: one labeled application and one labeled compressed (zip) folder. The application folder contains 4 exe files and the zip folder...
December 21st 08 01:26 AM
by Dave Thomas[_3_] Go to last post
0 322
New PC - launching Windows Media Center delivers black screen. by Raymond Babbitt
On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 19:48:51 -0600, FortuneSmiles wrote: Nothing happens, black screen. Can't escape, close etc. Can only reset / hard reboot. I have been doing a lot of hard rebooting since getting this PC. Send it back.
December 21st 08 01:21 AM
by Raymond Babbitt Go to last post
0 271
SATA is also IDE? by The Max[_2_]
On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 09:48:49 +0800, "_CragTheCode" wrote: Both my harddisk and dvd drive are SATA, but in disk management, it appear as IDE. Is SATA also another form of IDE? Where do you see "IDE" in disk management?
December 21st 08 01:20 AM
by The Max[_2_] Go to last post
0 264
New PC - launching Windows Media Center delivers black screen. by FortuneSmiles
I have checked my video drivers and they show as version 8.501.00. ATI's site shows the latest as 8.12. How can that be? -- FortuneSmiles
December 21st 08 01:17 AM
by FortuneSmiles Go to last post
0 233
Newsreader by John L
I have an older registered newsreader that works fine, but I tried a trial on another. Now I can't seem to change the default in protocols.
December 20th 08 09:35 PM
by db.·.. > Go to last post
3 271
I can't install any program in my new PC with Vista by José Oliveira
I need install same programs, like Skype and it's impossible. I need help! this is the event when a try install the skype. Best regards, José Oliveira
December 20th 08 09:25 PM
by NotEvenMe Go to last post
6 278
Desktop "URL" Icons by Eyestrain
Hi all...usually I can figure out how to fix my PC but I'm at witts end..It seems that my desktop shortcut icons that are not aassociated with a program have quit working. I don't recall making any changes of sorts but you never know. I'm running Vista 32 bit....any ideas? thanks George.
December 20th 08 09:10 PM
by Eyestrain[_2_] Go to last post
2 262
recycle bin by Walter Goldschmidt[_3_]
My recycle bin appears to have something in it according to the desktop icon. When I open it it is empty. How do I fix this so when it's empty it appears empty and when it's full it appears full? -- Walt
December 20th 08 08:06 PM
by Brink Go to last post
3 272
From Vista 64-bit to Server 2008 64-bit by Shawn B.
I have a workstation, brand new with Core i7 CPU and 12 GB RAM for which I have fully supported Vista 64-bit drivers of every component in the machine. I would like to change the OS to Windows Server 2008. Will the Vista 64-bit drivers also work on the Server 2008 more or less successfully? I have not tried this yet because I don't want to deal with reactiving the OEM Vista license if I...
December 20th 08 07:33 PM
by Shawn B. Go to last post
7 299
Start menu does not work by Erik[_3_]
Clicking on an item in the Start Menu (favorite, program, settings item, etc.) just closes the menu and nothing else. Any idea? Vista x64 SP1 Thank you for your help.
December 20th 08 07:30 PM
by Brink Go to last post
3 286
New Vista out of the Box by Tommytxtx
I bought a New dell w/Vista 64 i assume and wont play Youtube etc. gives: Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player. I have java on and latest Flash, Flash say to run a 32bit broser. suggestions?
December 20th 08 06:42 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
5 282
D:// Aplication not found! with game CDs by chocolatechipmuffin
Ok well I got few games including Need For Speed Most Wanted which used to work well but now it sounds like its trying to run it but it cant... And when I go on My Computer and double click the CD-Drive it says D:// Application not found! Some other games still work fine, so it doesnt seem to be a problem with the drive. Could anyone please help me with...
December 20th 08 06:10 PM
by chocolatechipmuffin Go to last post
0 244
Hiding Updates by FiOS Dave
I have the Zune 3.1 update installed, but when I run Windows update, it says it is available for update. The help section mentions that you can hide an update, but I can't seem to find how to do that. It is only shown as an optional update, but I'd rather not see it whenever I check for updates! Any clues on how to hide it so I stop getting nagged??? Thanks in advance,
December 20th 08 06:02 PM
by Richie Hardwick[_2_] Go to last post
7 273
no problems ??? one year and running HHmmmm by Blairs Carpentry
Vista is working fine, why does everyone have these problems. I run various cad and picture programs, quad core lots of ram minor issues resolved easily. Love-in it! -- Blair O'Howe Blair's Finish Carpentry www.blairscarpentry.com
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 20th 08 05:38 PM
by Rich Go to last post

From The