Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Retrieve deleted browser history? by Bill W
IE7 browser history was deleted off of my computer and I need to see what was deleted. Is there some way to retrieve the deleted history?
December 16th 08 10:56 PM
by isabella Go to last post
3 331
Gateway "Stereo Mix" in Windows Vista.!!! ( Give me Help pleases ) by eason
Hi all ~ My problem is about "Stereo Mix'' in my Windows Vista Gateway computer ~ I have follow this step to find my Stereo Mix : Control Panel -- Sounds -- Recording Tab -- Right click on the white area, and select "show disable devices" But my Stereo Mix didn't show up , i cant find Stereo Mix ~
December 16th 08 10:45 PM
by Robert Neville Go to last post
1 218
Right click "open with" question by Kathy T in MI
Using Vista64 -- I mistakenly added an install file instead of the ,exe file for Real Player to the right-click Open With menu which appears for movie-type files. I was able to add the correct run file but cannot figure out how to remove the install file which, on the Open With Menu, is titled "Shell executable of setup program." I don't recall the actual file name that I added to the menu....
December 16th 08 09:18 PM
by Dave-UK[_2_] Go to last post
4 291
One picture is worth 1000 vista fanboy baloney... by uss kelvin
One picture is worth 1000 vista fanboy baloney... http://i36.tinypic.com/2ufd54h.jpg DELL: YOU SPOKE WE LISTENED! Purchase Systems with Vista Business or Ultimate and receive windows XP pro PREINSTALLED! Users WANT XP not because they love XP and would want something new and
December 16th 08 08:36 PM
by NotEvenMe Go to last post
7 271
Vista Business doesnt retain settings by Hugh Jeego
I have Vista business on this desktop and Vista Ultimate 64 bit on a laptop. When I want to share items from desktop on one to desktop on another or even on any other networked machine on the home network, I like to have the icons for each machine shown as extra large. When I reboot the machine they revert to Tiles. Even opening the Network Icon I have on the desktop opens ONLY in a quarter...
December 16th 08 08:06 PM
by Hugh Jeego Go to last post
5 387
Uninstall not removing directory by PsyberFox
Hi there, Win Vista Whenever I uninstall an app, whether it be from Control Panel or from the app's uninstall wizard, the \\Program Files\... directory still remains with some files in. How can I uninstall something so that it removes all and every instance / directory / reference to a program? Thx and regards,
December 16th 08 07:55 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
4 364
Word 2003, Read-only Files and Vista by Adam Leinss
Anyone having issues with Word 2003 opening files as read-only on Vista? I'm running Vista Enterprise and Office 2003 with the latest hotfixes. Periodically, when I open files from a network drive, they open as read-only. If I close and re-open the same file, the read-only status goes away. Doesn't happen on Windows XP, Office 2003 and the same network drives. Independently happening...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 16th 08 06:59 PM
by DaveTurner Go to last post
15 348
Cannot delete/copy/move .MOV files by JoeT
Copied some .MOV files off my sons camera for him. They play fine, however I cannot copy/move/delete these files. The system just hangs forever. The system won't even allow me to right click and look at the properties of these files. Since they are in subfolders of the pictures folder, whenever I open the pictures folder the system perpetually scans (green bar moving slowly at top) for as...
December 16th 08 06:00 PM
by CatGirlPink[_2_] Go to last post
9 302
Different twist on dual monitor / screensaver by boyscout
I've looked at other threads related to using a screensaver with dual monitors. I'm on another planet, I guess. For months, when the screensaver kicked in Vista 64 would black out monitor #2 and display my pictures on monitor #1. Perfect! Unlike all other threads I've seen, that's just fine by me. But I recently changed motherboards. Vista 64 required me to re-install a few things, including...
December 16th 08 05:46 PM
by boyscout Go to last post
5 283
ReadyBoost Cache by JohnBoy
I switched from a 4GB USB Memoryto a 4GB SD card. The ReadyBosot Properties indicates " A cache exists on another device in the system. Please remove the cache from that device before creating a cache on this device." I removed the cache from the original device and still get the same message and cannot get ReadyBoost on any device now. Any help is greatly appreciated
December 16th 08 05:25 PM
by vlke Go to last post
5 245
Lock up on network folders access by Roman Tumaykin[_2_]
Hi all, My Vista has regular lockups with the following symptoms: Once in a while (usually one or 2 times a day) all of the applications that access any network folders freese completely. I am able to ping the server where the shares are, but when I try to open the share whatever app I use (explorer, cmd.exe) just hangs. I have Documents redirected to a server share at the colocation. I...
December 16th 08 05:22 PM
by Roman Tumaykin[_2_] Go to last post
2 266
User Account Control alert - Remember trusted program? by Ken Isaacson
Vista Ultimate, SP1 Every time I start up a particular program, I get a User Account Control alert warning me that an "uanauthorized program" wants access to my computer, and I have to respond that I trust the program. Is there any way to get the computer to remember that I trust this program, so the alert doesn't come up every time? Thanks.
December 16th 08 04:32 PM
by Spirit[_5_] Go to last post
2 232
HD Disk Wipe Software by Wonderman[_2_]
Can anyone reccomend a free and fast disk wipe program. Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 16th 08 04:22 PM
by ray Go to last post
11 395
IE 7 can't save any file in Vista by Gameslove
Please, help me solve issue under Windows Vista Business 32 bit - Then downloaded file reach 100%, IE 7 delete it automaticaly, can't save. Maybe SP2 Beta v.113 cause of? (Restored default setting of IE 7, nothing changed. Installed as well EI 8 Beta 2, same result.) Also tried this suggestion: Go to Tools Options click the "Security" tab. Check to see that the box next to "Do not allow...
December 16th 08 03:48 PM
by Mark L. Ferguson Go to last post
1 243
downloaded files disappear...actually never appear by Leifmb
I'm having the same problem. My "missing downloads" situation persists with NO Firewall, NO AV, NO UAC, Reset IE7 OR Newly installed Firefox (downloaded via another PC), One original User ADMIN account all running in Genuine Vista Ulitmate X86, SP1 and fully updated on a new Lenovo X61T. Whenever I try to download something if I click Run the download progress window will show but once it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 16th 08 03:35 PM
by mezza18 Go to last post
27 601
Red X over network icon in task bar and related strange behaviour by sefs
Hi all. I am experiencing a few problems with Vista 32-bit business. There is a red x over the network icon. However There is still access to the internet and the network. The user is a domain user.
December 16th 08 01:21 PM
by sefs Go to last post
0 202
password expiration for home premium by I have a desk that has Vista Ultimate.
I am not able to find in vista home preimum where to canel my password expiration? I am the only user on my laptop. I have a desktop and was able to find it in vista ultimate. Help me please?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 16th 08 11:43 AM
by Mark L. Ferguson Go to last post
10 400
Move to Icon no longer works by drybones[_3_]
Running Vista 64 bit Home Premium with Windows Mail. I must now right click on the Header and select copy to in order to move e-mail messages to the Inbox Folders I wish to save for future reading. Will some kind person please assist me in resolving the "Move To" Icon problem Many thanks
December 16th 08 09:11 AM
by drybones[_3_] Go to last post
0 221
Topics on Electronics by swapu
Electronics is the field of manipulating electrical currents and voltages using passive and active components that are connected together to create circuits. Electronic circuits range from a simple load resistor that converts a current to a voltage, to computer central-processing units (CPUs) that can contain more than a million transistors. The following indices and documents provide a...
December 16th 08 08:16 AM
by swapu Go to last post
0 276
Use of chkdsk under Vista by lmg
I'm running chkdsk on the system partition of a Vista PC. As a result, it requests the process to be re-scheduled for next start-up. Should it find any errors when the system is next re-booted, does it log these errors in a log file for future reference or as evidence of a bad disk? Regards
December 16th 08 07:47 AM
by Tim Quan [MSFT] Go to last post

From The