Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Installation of software for Nokia mobile 6120 by Mohamed[_2_]
Please could anybody help me? because I have still been asked from windows vista every time I open my laptop to locate and install the software of my peripheral bluetouth device(the nokia 6120 classic mobile) since i have been used it as a modem to connect to the internet and in fact I have not had the CD for the mobile because I have bought it without a CD althought I have been installing...
November 18th 08 06:48 PM
by Synapse Syndrome[_2_] Go to last post
2 217
Rundll32 by Alice[_6_]
i instaled a new graphic driver now i keep geting "Rundll32" has stoped working. now my usb hard drive will not load as well. any ideas???
November 18th 08 06:47 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
3 238
Safely Remove Hardware - USB flash drive "in use" by Bigguy
Hi all Many times when I come to 'Safely Remove Hardware' (USB pen drive) it is reported as in use (when it is not) and will not allow me to stop/eject the drive. Explorer is closed and no apps that I can see are accessing the pen drive... (indexing?). I end up pulling it out anyway ;-)
November 18th 08 06:18 PM
by Chad Harris[_5_] Go to last post
6 264
Working with pictures by Ed Ahern
This may not be a windows feature but I bet someone here has the answer. I have been tasked by my family to scan in all our old pictures into a cd or dvd. What I want to be able to do is set it up so that if a mouse pointer hovers over a picture, a text box pops up. It is done all the time on web sites. I am not a web designer. Is there a device (program) that will work? Ed Ahern
November 18th 08 06:02 PM
by Anne Go to last post
3 257
OE in Vista?? by Pam[_4_]
Is there NO WAY to run OE email in Vista?? If not, is there anyway to import my oe emails into either windows mail or Microsoft Outlook?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 18th 08 05:53 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
13 526
Huge problems with Vista Ultimate 64 bit by Legatalfuturo
I am experiencing huge problems with my PC equipped with Vista Ultimate 64 bit. Since when, three months ago, it was assemled by a technician, it has always shown the roblems I am here trying to explain. First of all let me underline that I regularly check about drivers update. So thr problem is that it is quite impossible for me to write commands
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 18th 08 05:13 PM
by Dolon Go to last post
19 557
Checkpoint 15TH ANNIVERSARY Today: Zonealarm pro for free by DanS
=?Utf-8?B?R1Q=?= wrote in : The zonealarm pro alert is too much anyone know how i can change it so it act like Windows Live Onecare firewall Then uninstall the Pro and d/l the Firewall Basic....which is free, and has been free, and is just a firewall...that's it....it's not some big "Internet Security...
November 18th 08 05:12 PM
by DanS Go to last post
0 268
Can't delete/rename file being previewed in Windows Explore by Arlene
When I manage my files in Explore and try to delete or rename them, sometimes I cannot accomplish the task because Windows reports that the file is in use, I'm assuming because of the preview feature, Windows thinks the file is in use when it is simply being previewed. What is the workaround for this? I have Windows set to single-click rather than double-click. Maybe this setting plays into...
November 18th 08 04:13 PM
by Arlene Go to last post
0 209
KB936181 by Willy
An "IMPORTANT" Update, KB936181 shows up as ready to install. I've installed it numerous times with and without a Restart (does not prompt for a Restart after it says Successfully Installed), however the update keeps showing it needs installed. Anyone else having this problem or got a solution? -- Thanks, Bill Post replies back to News Group
November 18th 08 04:02 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
4 294
Windows Live 64-bit? by Brian W
Is there a 64-bit installer for Windows Live (WLinstaller.exe) ? The program only installs in the (x86) folder, and downloaded components such as Live Mail, Photo Gallery etc appear to be 32-bit only.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 18th 08 03:57 PM
by Andre Da Costa Go to last post
10 479
Using Outlook Express in Vista by Mackenrick
Can I use Outlook Express in Vista instead of using the Microsoft Mail program? If I can use Outlook Express, where can I download it? Thank you. -- MacKenrick
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 18th 08 03:41 PM
by Andre Da Costa Go to last post
15 465
Vista 32 bit - file/properties/details tab missing info for .sys files by Mick[_3_]
Hi all, Just recently I have noticed that when viewing file properties for .sys files the 'details' tab contains very little information, as can be seen here with tcpip.sys: http://www.mikeyjames.com/psys.jpg It seems about 50/50 whether details from a .sys file will be interpreted properly by Vista. This was confirmed by using System Information: http://www.mikeyjames.com/sysinf.jpg
November 18th 08 12:47 PM
by Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP Go to last post
1 257
Can't Sign In To This Newsgroup Again by MacKenrick
I don't know what has changed since two days ago but I can't sign in to this newsgroup using Internet Explorer AGAIN! The first time I had this problem someone gave me another link to try and it worked. Now when I use that link I get a message saying the page cannot be found. When I go to the old address: ...
November 18th 08 12:43 PM
by Mark L. Ferguson Go to last post
4 233
Vista won't display JPEG files as pictures by pbl[_2_]
My JPEG (.jpg) files that used to display as images within folders now display as the generic icons (ie. the lake and mountain scene). Canging folder views doesn't fix this nor does using "open with" and setting the default application as windows photo gallery (which it was anyway). Interestingly, I have three .jpg files that always display as images while all the others (that also used to)...
November 18th 08 12:21 PM
by Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP Go to last post
2 224
Screeen saver not working by shermie
I can't get the screen saver to work. I have changed the type and time duration but it just doesn't start. How can I fix this?
November 18th 08 12:18 PM
by Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP Go to last post
2 233
re-install and re-install update by smcnames[_2_]
KB936181, downloaded twelve times. all succeeded. but, always still offered again? since I assume that a solution will be forthcoming, how may I then delete the 11 extra duplicates from the update list?! tia,
November 18th 08 12:16 PM
by Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP Go to last post
7 255
system configuration data read error by bladetrinity
when ı turn on my labtop ı see 'system configuration data read error' press f1 to contınue press f2 to enter setup' what does it mean? I made a recovery but still continue the problem.can you help me?? what can I do?
November 18th 08 08:07 AM
by mianjee Go to last post
3 248
cannot cut and paste from internet site using vista by BK
I have vista office and when I am on the browser and want to copy a line that is on the web site I am at to paste in a word document or on a new web page to do a search - it won copy so I can paste. I have never had a problem with this till going to Vista - is there a fix for this?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 18th 08 04:42 AM
by Snidley W. Go to last post
10 396
Windows Explorer in Vista not working when User Accts turned ON by TonerMountain
Windows Vista 32 Ultimate I have a default user account as administrator. No password. Took a while to figure out, but when user account is turned on, Explorer (not Internet Explorer) stops working. I get the following symptoms. Click on "Computer" in Start Menu, and just hangs for minutes. Eventually get message that "windows explorer not responding". If you close is down, not error number...
November 18th 08 04:21 AM
by Flavius Go to last post
1 237
Drive letter ? by BChat
If I use Disk Management to change the drive letter of a disk from say "I" to "D", will all the program shortcuts on the drive change also, so essentially drive "I" is now drive "D" The reason I am asking: I have Vista HP 32 on my 4th HD - "I" Using Acronis True Image, I want to put an image of "I" onto my 2nd HD "D", then format "I" for storage. Will all the references to "I" in the image...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 18th 08 03:54 AM
by Snidley W. Go to last post

From The