Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Cannot copy and paste on websites by C.B.[_6_]
Whys is it that I can copy and paste to Notepad but cannot do the same on webpages? Thank you in advance for any assistance. C.B. -- It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged and less fortunate among us.
February 25th 10 11:46 PM
by xfile[_2_] Go to last post
6 503
ESET NOD 32 by Me
Version 4.0.437 After installing it on Windows Vista, it won't run the nightly scan that I have scheduled for 2 AM. It updates virus definitions and caught or prevented a virus, but the scheduled scan won't run. I used it on XP without any problems. How do I fix this? Thanks
February 25th 10 10:57 PM
by Dominic Payer[_2_] Go to last post
1 324
Microsoft and/vs. Linux by webster72n
Interesting perspective: http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=5946&tag=nl.e589
February 25th 10 06:38 PM
by webster72n Go to last post
0 305
card reader on Toshiba laptop throwing on error on me by iluv my kitties and family
Toshiba a305-6905 3gb laptop. 1.5 years. All of a sudden I stick a Sony memory stick and a I tried a filled sd card to ensure it wasn't one of the either and regardless I get an error. Shows up when inserted on my computer but no pics will be displayed because it says the media card needs to be formatted first even with pics on it. So I played along and let the computer tried to format the...
February 25th 10 06:31 PM
by iluv my kitties and family Go to last post
2 423
Notification Area System Icons Have Disappeared by Bob Cabrera
When I go to the Notification Area properties, only the "Clock" option is checked. The "Volume", "Network", and "Power" options are un-checked AND grayed-out so I can't check them. How do I get these system icons back? (I'm running Vista Home Premium-SP2, and the only recent changes have been "Windows Updates" - critical updates only.) Bob C.
February 25th 10 04:49 PM
by Bob Cabrera Go to last post
3 385
View settings for open/save dialogs ? by Vilius Mockûnas
Helo, Running windows 7 pro 64bit. I want to select certain icon view setting for open/save dialogs for all files/dirs. For now I was able to set custom view for certain file/dir - but all others are forced details view. I want to set them all at once and permanently. How do I do that ? Main explorer window customizes ok.
February 25th 10 10:33 AM
by Vilius Mockûnas Go to last post
0 302
Temporary internet files by Garry P[_2_]
Can anyone tell me where these are in Vista ? Thanks
February 25th 10 10:00 AM
by Garry P[_2_] Go to last post
0 280
Windows vista black screen of death by Mohamed[_2_]
Could you please help me? I have bought an HP pavilion laptop pc (dv 9500 entertainment notebook) but since SP2 installation I have found that It takes a very long time to start with a black screen and white cursor after windows welcome screen and I do not know what can I do to repair this error please help me. Many thanks in advance to everybody who tries to help me -- Dr Mokhaz
February 25th 10 02:04 AM
by webster72n Go to last post
3 361
Control of Windows 7 Start menu by Bob S[_3_]
In XP I could use Classic menus and put the programs I wanted into my start menu and launch them by pressing the Start Key and then the first letter of the program. If I do that now, it seems to do a search of my HD for items with that letter in it. Can someone tell me how to get this function in Win 7. Thanks.
February 25th 10 12:53 AM
by Terry Heinz Go to last post
8 843
Cryptic message on startup by Charlie Hoffpauir
Running Vista 64 bit Home Premium.... I recently (just a few days ago) started getting a message on startup: Failed to create empty document It appears in a dialogue box. The box has the word: Smoni in the header area. I can click OK or close the box and everything seems OK I've searched for any file called Smoni with no success, and looked at
February 25th 10 12:29 AM
by Charlie Hoffpauir Go to last post
3 459
Red X on network drives - drive not available by spinkid
Ok, this is really for windows 7 however I didn't see a group for that yet. We have replaced our old XP machines with Windows 7 and are now getting a red "X" on network drives. Some people don't have a problem and can access them and others get drive not available. How to fix? We have a Windows 2003 AD in mixed mode. Our people get their mapped drives from a batch file we created that...
February 24th 10 10:51 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
6 374
Windows Explorer stopped working by hugh welford
Hi I have recently bought an HP Pavillion with Vista home premium. Suddenly out of nowhere I have this infuriating problem of the "Windows Explorer not working" error message. It attempts to restart and reloads the whole desktop. It is persistent and loops back as soon as closed out, making the machine virtually unusable I have virus checked and spyware checked and restored from recovery...
February 24th 10 10:50 PM
by Jon Go to last post
2 282
Shutdown or Restart gives Blue Screen "SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION" by Steven L.[_2_]
After working well for months, my Vista Home Premium system has developed a bad bug: Anytime I try to do Shutdown or Restart, right after displaying "Shutting down", the system crashes with a Blue Screen of Death message: "SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION" This makes it impossible to do a smooth restart, since I have to do a manual reboot at that point every time.
February 24th 10 07:56 PM
by meerkat[_7_] Go to last post
1 332
Windows Search Hangs then Crashes by Simpleuser
Out of the blue, about a week ago, Windows Search started to hang. Sorry if that’s not very technical but it seems to scan about 1500 files and then sits there using 25 or 50 % cpu (quad core so it’s not a lockout) with either or both of the host or search programs running but no disk activity and no more files being processed. I know the problem is somewhere on my main C drive as if I...
February 24th 10 05:59 PM
by Simpleuser Go to last post
1 278
move files and folers option by B.J.
I had to perform recovery on my computer and after doing so, when I right click on a file or folder the option to move or copy to is gone. I cannot move files or folders from another location. Also cannot transfer from cd or flash drive to computer. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!
February 24th 10 03:57 PM
by B.J. Go to last post
8 356
Windows Installer by pip22[_23_]
Update the Windows Installer package, that should fix it: http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?familyid=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en#Requirements That download page is for Vista-64bit amongst others, so make sure you click the correct download link - third from top - file name: *Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x64.msu* - 2.9 MB
February 24th 10 03:30 PM
by pip22[_23_] Go to last post
0 256
Vista Hang by SC[_3_]
Hi Guys, Whenever I start the computer up, it gets to the "welcome" screen with the swirly icon, and then just stays there forever ctrl + alt + del doesnt even work. Im on Vista 64bit Things I've tried:
February 24th 10 12:19 PM
by Bigguy[_2_] Go to last post
3 300
Aero themes problems by Marcelo[_3_]
I'm having problems with Aero themes in 32 bit colors after computer resume from sleep/hibernate. Screen is messed up (see screenshot at http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8237/screenshoteq.jpg). I have NVidia GForce 6200 chipset card, and now I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64, but I had the same problem in Vista x64. If I move to 16 bit colors it solves, also with basic theme without Aero. I tried...
February 24th 10 11:03 AM
by xfile[_2_] Go to last post
9 415
Lost emails after Windows 7 installation by teabag
Greetings, I'm a newbie here. My son used Windows easy file transfer to shift data from his internal HDD (PC running Vista) to an external HDD before Windows 7 installation on the internal HDD. Windows 7 installation completed OK. Restoration of data from external HDD with easy file transfer appeared to work OK - but he can't find his emails (everything else is good). We know Windows 7 does not...
February 24th 10 07:27 AM
by teabag Go to last post
5 529
Can't Update or Install/Uninstall Silverlight by [email protected]
Microsoft says I need some updates to Silverlight. I can't use the updates (error code 64C), I can't uninstall or Install it (the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.) What should I do?
February 24th 10 03:17 AM
by Genevieve[_2_] Go to last post

From The