Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
CORRUPT DOC FILE by Tibor
Anybody knows why vista doesnt want to open doc files, saying it`s corrupt? Eg: I cant open a .doc e-mail attachment in my mailbox. WHY? It would be so elemental...:( Thank you very much for the help!
October 18th 12 09:00 PM
by kev815panatkevinpanzkedotcom Go to last post
5 331
Software Removal Tool by species8350
Update has just downloaded the latest Microsoft Malicious Software Removeal Tool. I understand that this tool runs in the background. Do I need to enable it? If so, how can I do this? Thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 15th 12 12:04 PM
by species8350 Go to last post
15 416
Extend Volume by Derek Da Silva
Hi Everyone, I have a 80Gb HD. I created a C: volume of 20GB and the 50GB went to another new volume (D: drive). I have 10GB of unallocated space. I recently noticed I need more HD space on the C: drive. I went into the Disk MGMT tools and when I attempted extend the C volume the Extend operation was greyed out. How do I extend my C: drive so that the remaining 10GB of unallocated space
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 2nd 12 08:21 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
14 587
After shrinking drive C, cannot allocate the new partition by Mighty_Mike
After I shrunk the C drive, I got an empty 53,57 unallocated space on drive 0. When I choose the "new simple volume" option, It proceeds normally until the last step and then I end up with the following error report: "There is not enough free space on the disk to complete this operation" Anybody can help ? By the way, I'm trying to install "Windows 2000" on a 2nd partition (actually its the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 2nd 12 08:17 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
10 422
startup repair from vista dvd by sobriquet
Hi. I'm trying to use startup repair from the vista dvd, but I run into the following problem. The computer has a small HD and there is little space left (5gb). Normally, I can use the vista dvd and try to install vista on the drive where I want to run startup repair. Upon trying to install vista, it will detect the existing OS and offer an option to repair it instead of a new install. However,...
August 24th 12 02:43 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 295
August 24th 12 02:39 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 285
USB Ports and Mouse Recognition by species8350
Vista 32 bit Home Premium I am having difficulty in getting USB ports to recognise my mouse (Problem occured around a week ago). I have looked in 'Device Manager' under 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers' and note that 'Generic USB Hub' has a yellow triangle. Properties tell me ' This Device Cannot Start (Code 10)'. Driver is up to date
August 24th 12 02:31 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
6 263
Windows Explorer stops working - often by Joe Bloggs
Recently when I drag files between folders the system freezes and I get popup with "Windows Explorer has stopped working" which lasts around 15 seconds and it recovers itself, any tips on how to solve this? Using Vista SP2, MS Office 97 Thanks
August 24th 12 02:27 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
6 221
Install SP2 sends computer into a loop by The Doctor[_2_]
All right, SP2 is trying to install on a machine, but on 3/3 within second it rebegining the update cycle. What is going on? -- Member - Liberal International This is Ici God,Queen and country!Never Satan President Republic!Beware AntiChrist rising! http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k
August 4th 12 04:14 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 319
Where is the inbox repair tool by Javell
located?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 4th 12 04:09 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
11 573
Cannot copy file to external harddisk by Sonnich Jensen
Hi I have a 320 GB external HD for backup. I want to save a file of 6.55GB, but that is not possible, it claims there are not enough space. However there are now 41,7GB free, I just deleted some old backups and so, before I had 23GB free. Usually my backups are 1.2 - 3GB, but this large one is a problem
June 30th 12 06:37 PM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
5 314
Vista-32 bit OS load problem by R. H. Breener Jr.
I'm having boot problems with Vista 32-bit after doing two system-recoveries. They were done after a MS update really screwed up my PC and a system-restore didn't help. It takes 2 to 3 tries before the OS loads. I get a blue screen with choices such as to select F11 but when this blue screen appears the mouse and keyboard do not work so I cannot select anything. I have to keep shutting the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 25th 12 07:08 AM
by R. H. Breener Go to last post
38 972
Vista-32 bit OS load problem (update) by R.H. Breener
I finally got a screen with the choice to Repair, Recover or Restore the OS. I chose Restore and when asked what to use, chose disks. It took the 3 DVD disks made the day I bought the PC (I posting from the laptop) and restored from them. All was well until the MS updates came down and were installed. SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!! I found the MS fixes for problematic updates and ran that. It said it...
June 25th 12 06:37 AM
by R. H. Breener Go to last post
7 317
Log on as administrator? by Mike[_36_]
Trying to clean up a computer I inherited, but am being limited as a standard user. Only options to select when logging on are admin (standard user) & qb user (no one seems to remember the PW for!) I've blanked the administrator PW with a reset disk, but there isn't a switch user choice when at the log in screen! How can I log on as actual administrator or change user called admin to an actual...
June 20th 12 02:15 PM
by Percival P. Cassidy Go to last post
7 347
issue with drivers by sobriquet
Hi. On a Windows Vista system, I have the following problem. Whenever I connect something via USB, it asks me for drivers (it only does this two times whenever I connect something). http://i.imgur.com/JHRUb.jpg It offers 3 options (in Dutch): 1) find and install drivers (recommended)
June 4th 12 07:02 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 293
Inconsistent Screensavers by Tiger
Hello - we have a computer with a windows vista. The screensaver is the regular one that comes with windows vista and it is put to come on with 1 min. of "idle" mouse and/or keyboard. Usually the screensaver goes on if they are idle for 1min. but we noticed that OFTEN for example if you are doing something at the computer like checking emails or visiting a webbsite with internet explorer - if...
May 30th 12 01:01 AM
by Joe Morris Go to last post
2 264
BSOD help please by Shannon Berry
I've been getting this BSOD error recently, haven't been able to find anything that helps yet: DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Here's the copypasta from the problem report: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
May 27th 12 10:28 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
6 316
sfc problem by Tom Hall[_2_]
Vista Home Premium 64-bit I have run sfc /scannow a number of times, and it always reports that there were corrupted files, but that it was unable to fix everything and points me to CBS.log for details. The problem with CBS.log is that it is HUGE, and I'm not sure what I should be looking for. I finally figured out how to delete CBS.log just prior to running sfc, and have a CBS.log that...
May 27th 12 10:16 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
5 285
Not enough resources to log on? by Mike[_36_]
32 bit Vista Ultimate, 3GB of ram, plenty of free disk space. Occasionaly when computer goes to sleep or logs off, I get a message 'not enough esources to log in'. I can shutdown, restart & get on fine, but that's kind of a pain. Any suggestions? Thanks!
April 29th 12 03:36 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
5 397
Disable by species8350
MSWorks Suite addin for MS word. I keep getting a message from MS Word that my global template has changed when I close Word, even if I have not started a document. Evidently, the above addin needs to be uninstalled. I would prefer to disable this addin, as a first step, to see if it solves my problem.
April 20th 12 02:56 AM
by Gene E. Bloch[_5_] Go to last post

From The