Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Media Player Build 5536 problem by Mark
Installed 5536 yesterday and am having issues with the media player. Symptoms: When launching the media player after about 6-10 seconds is closes automatically. If you bring up the Tools-Options it will stay open until you close out of the options dialog box then close out of the application after 10 seconds. This was not an issue on this system with build 5384. I have turned off all...
August 30th 06 06:35 PM
by Mark Go to last post
0 480
no unsigned driver warning? by D. Rogers
I was unable to locate a Vista driver for my Texas Instruments FlashMedia Controller so I installed the XP driver I had. I was surprised that I didn't get a warning about it being an unsigned driver. It works ok, so I guess all is well.
August 30th 06 06:43 PM
by D. Rogers Go to last post
2 527
5536 Tips by Tom Ziegmann
Hello All, If you are having trouble downloading pre-RC1 here are some things that you can do to get it to download. 1. Clear all cookies, temporary internet files 2. Run disk cleanup to clear all temporary folders 3. Try downloading without the download manager (it goes slower..I know..but at least you will have pre-RC1) 4. If you want to use a download manager I recommend Free Download...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 30th 06 06:50 PM
by Homer J. Simpson Go to last post
26 1,325
Missing application icons by David Wilkinson
Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote: Hi, Are you installing as administrator? A regular user account will not have write privileges to system folders outside of their user environment. Rick:
August 30th 06 07:13 PM
by David Wilkinson Go to last post
3 591
RC1 download by Lee Chamberlain
I only have dial up, so I visited a neighbour with high speed. http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/prerc1/en/download.html The web site will not let me download. Ride safe
August 30th 06 07:15 PM
by Go to last post
3 532
What is with the 5536 download by Will Schuitman
I keep getting fatal error in the download manager after 10 hours at 93%
August 30th 06 07:20 PM
by epearson Go to last post
9 548
what is with this ! by Will Schuitman
I have spent 15 hrs downloading build 5536 I let it go overnight. In the morning the download manager was at 100% but the file was not in the location I specified to save it at, I searched my entire pc for the file, It was nowhere to be found is there anyway to find it It was downloaded so it must be there somewhere ! FYI I'm using build 5384
August 30th 06 07:23 PM
by Go to last post
2 744
Microsoft Beta Client reports appear here? by Peter
I'm just wondering where my problem reports go when I've marked them "Public". -- Peter Toronto, Canada XP Pro SP2 X 2 + Vista Beta 5536
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 30th 06 07:25 PM
by Jimmy Brush Go to last post
15 921
U320 SCSI Drivers / Support for Vista by INTUITIVEWEBS
Hello, My current system contains an Adaptec U320 SCSI (ASC-29320A) RAID 0 Configuration. I have not found any support for this interface card or any U320 SCSI controller cards (I would be willing to switch). Are any supported that anyone is aware of or are there any drivers for Vista that are available somewhere? I have contacted Adaptec... but they were very rude and non-helpful. Thank...
August 30th 06 07:30 PM
by Dennis Turcheck @ HP Go to last post
2 545
Scan Disk by JCO
Curious If I boot up using the old Win98 boot disk (which has Win98 Scandisk), will it work on Vista 32 and Vista 64.
August 30th 06 07:35 PM
by Jimmy Brush Go to last post
4 496
Vista Beta Tips and Tricks Document by Tom Ziegmann
Hi All, To help you all out further I will be putting together a Tips and Tricks document as well as an FAQ to go along with it. It should be ready by tomorrow night. So look for it and when it is available..please critique it and let me know what needs adding or changing. Tom Ziegmann Microsoft Certified Professional Windows Vista / Server Longhorn Technical Beta Tester
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 30th 06 07:51 PM
by Ed. Go to last post
10 602
AV-software for Pre-RC1 (5536) - AVG! by Kai-Uwe v. d. Ohe
After installing 5536 it would refuse the installation of: - Kaspersky (v6) - BitDefender (v8) - AntiVir (v7) - Avast (v?, but pretty recent)
August 30th 06 07:53 PM
by Kai-Uwe v. d. Ohe Go to last post
6 492
August 30th 06 07:54 PM
by Mario Rosario Go to last post
4 448
Post-install problems - Pre RC1 by Beck
Got a few problems post install which I never had with Beta2. Note, this is an install on a clean D partition. First and foremost, MS have not fixed the problem with the Realtek AC97 sound drivers they provide automatically. Go into anywhere like control panel and you get a pop up box saying that the sound drivers are not compatible with Vista. Why they are including the driver I do not...
August 30th 06 08:50 PM
by Chris Sidener Go to last post
4 452
It's 5536 by Little Brother
Welcomeback to 32-bit land. "Colin Barnhorst" wrote in message ... I forgot to add that it is only the x86 version so far. There may not be any need to release the x64 version this time, depending on what the Vista team wants us to evaluate. Or maybe it will be along later. "Colin Barnhorst"...
August 30th 06 08:57 PM
by Little Brother Go to last post
0 398
It's 5536 by Little Brother
Microsoft made pre-RC1 publically available for download. "Intel Inside" REMOVETHISBIT@com wrote in message ... This is a public newsgroup hosted by MS. You should restrict Technical Beta material to the closed newsgroup that TechBeta are privy to. "Colin Barnhorst" wrote in message
August 30th 06 08:59 PM
by Little Brother Go to last post
0 420
BSOD with AVG 7.1 Install, Bug Report will be Filed Shortly, Just FYI. by
BSOD with AVG 7.1 Install, Bug Report will be Filed Shortly, Just FYI.
August 30th 06 09:01 PM
by Homer J. Simpson Go to last post
6 438
Product Activation Successfull using my Beta 2 CPP Product Key. by
Product Activation Successful using my Beta 2 CPP Product Key.
August 30th 06 10:09 PM
by Chris Sidener Go to last post
4 427
THANK YOU MICROSOFT! by
THANK YOU MICROSOFT! Kevin John Panzke (Microsoft Beta Tester & MSDN OS Level Tester) P.S. Do an Alt + Enter, Just FYI.
August 30th 06 10:11 PM
by Mark Gillespie Go to last post
6 409
5536 *.rar file - 2.58gb's but only a 14kb text file inside by QuickCheese
I downloaded (from Microsoft) build 5536 last night (at 3mb's down. NICE). Anyhow, it downloaded as a *.rar file which I thought was odd since my 5472 build was just an iso. When I used winrar to open the file, the ONLY thing it had in it was a 14kb text file. I'm somewhat miffed that I spent 3 hrs downloading a 2.58gb file, open it and only find a 14kb text file. Does anyone know...
August 30th 06 10:32 PM
by QuickCheese Go to last post

From The