Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Rhapsody Music Service by **__Mike__**
Anyone have any luck getting Rhapsody working? Vista says it 's blocked due to compatability issues, wondering if it's possible to get it going before Real releases a post Vista RTM version. -Mike
September 15th 06 06:16 AM
by Lucifuge752 Go to last post
4 218
Outlook Express on Vista or Windows Mail on XP by **__MIKE__**
Has anyone had any luck getting Outlook Express to run on Vista or Windows Mail to run on XP? I dual boot both OS's and would like to have my news reader share the same store, so that threads I watch and messages I've read stay in synch when booting the other OS. Since Windows Mail and Outlook Express use different schemes to store messages, this will only work if I can get one or the other...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 20th 06 01:46 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
11 293
Vista RTM is on MSDN?? by **__MIKE__**
A link to " Windows Vista RTM Subscriber Download" is on the msdn homepage. It takes you to a log in screen. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx -Mike
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 17th 06 02:38 AM
by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM Go to last post
18 328
Remote Desktop (Host) by **__MIKE__**
I haven't heard any talk about this, but it sucks that the Remote Desktop Host isn't included in Home Premium. I really don't need most of what's in ultimate, but I do remote desktop into my PC quite often to check email (outlook) and get files. I also occasionally add a recording to Media Center. Seems like they could have included it since everyone got used to it in MCE 2005; maybe that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 11th 06 07:46 PM
by Matt Go to last post
13 458
WARNING: Do not reinstall Office Beta -- Visit Next? (Activation Servers Taken Offline) by **__MIKE__**
It seems that the activation servers for Office 2007 Beta have been taken offline permanently. http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=1242407 I did a format and reinstall of Vista last night and now I can't activate my Office Beta. I'm not sure if this is normal for MS betas or not, but I sure which I had made an image of my last Vista install before formatting. I was planning on using...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 30th 06 11:08 PM
by Dave Go to last post
14 292
ATI Remote Wonder by **__MIKE__**
Has anyone gotten an ATI Remote Wonder or Remote Wonder Plus to work with Vista? The 3.04 drivers seem to install OK, but the remote does not function. Thanks, Mike
October 16th 06 04:38 AM
by **__MIKE__** Go to last post
3 195
Windows Explorer "Up One Folder" Button by **__Mike__**
I can't seem to find where to add the "Up One Folder" button to Windows Explorer. It's a real pain to navigate without it and I hope it's not gone. Anyone know how to add it? Thanks, Mike
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 4th 06 12:17 PM
by telemachus Go to last post
10 278
Force TCP Window Size by **__Mike__**
I've read that the TCP window size is dynamic in Vista, and I've found that the usual (XP) registry settings aren't working to adjust it. This sounds like a good idea, but with my connection (Comcast) it's better to have the window at around a megabyte. When I do that, transfers start at up to 16 megabits/sec and by the time Comcast's flow control cuts me down to 6 megabits/sec I already...
September 4th 06 04:52 PM
by **__Mike__** Go to last post
0 194
Linux Just Sucks.. No Wonder So Few Are Using It. by *alan*
"Rick" wrote "You really do need to go take troll lessons." (in one post) (and in another) "Why are you that stupid.. or dishonest?" You seem to specialize in pre high school one line put-downs. But, do you actually have any cogent arguments FOR Linux? Just wondering . . .
October 7th 07 02:57 AM
by Rick[_4_] Go to last post
1 253
windows 7 newsgroup? by *BUSY*[_2_]
Is there a Windows 7 newsgroup? __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4808 (20100126) __________ The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. http://www.eset.com
January 27th 10 07:55 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
3 247
recovery from command prompt starting from install dvd by *FeDe*
In case of problems, I can use the vista installation dvd and select the "recovery"options at the dvd startup. One of these is the "command prompt" (dos style). Wich is the command avaible in this window? is there a guide (help) for the options I can use there? For example I really appreciate the use of "bootsect.exe" to restore a vista partition that was not booting anymore! But I heard...
July 27th 08 08:47 AM
by *FeDe* Go to last post
0 207
Vista firewall outbound protection blocks Windows Update by *^&%$$#*%!
An issue I have come across with Vista's firewall outbound blocking is that it blocks Microsoft update. I have figured out how to fix it by unblocking wuapp.exe and svchost.exe. Vista complained about me unblocking svchost.exe though as it said it may conflict with it's own internal rules settings. What I am doing for now is enabling the rule for svchost.exe to check for updates and then...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 18th 08 03:03 PM
by Mr. Arnold Go to last post
40 670
Vista makes my HDD noisy by *^&%$$#*%!
What is Vista doing accessing the HDD all the time? I thought maybe it was defragging in the background so turned off scheduled defrag and my HDD is still being accessed all the time. I like my PC to be as quiet as possible and the noise of the HDD being accessed all the time is ****ing me off. If I turn off indexing will it stop it doing this or is it something else causing it?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 5th 08 09:13 PM
by Nonny Go to last post
13 422
Poor humaneyes by *«Ë²´*
We had the same experiences with bad quality humaneyes. No after sell services, it's really sucks.
August 23rd 07 04:08 AM
by *«Ë²´* Go to last post
0 207
Poor humaneyes by *«Ë²´*
We had the same experiences with bad quality humaneyes. No after sell services, it's really sucks.
August 23rd 07 04:08 AM
by *«Ë²´* Go to last post
0 200
Poor humaneyes by *«Ë²´*
We had the same experiences with bad quality humaneyes. No after sell services, it's really sucks.
August 23rd 07 05:25 AM
by *«Ë²´* Go to last post
0 163
Lost My Password - I'm a Dumb****? by +BOB+ The Knob
A friend of mine was over and looked at my Vista Home Premium system. He shut down the computer and said, +BOB+, you dumb****, you lost your password. I thought I wrote it down on a sticky and plastered it on the monitor. When the dog came in and started licking his balls, I think he took the sticky and ate it. Now I am screwed. I can't get into my computer because I lost my password. I...
April 9th 09 03:17 AM
by +BOB+ The Knob Go to last post
0 266
DoD by +BOB+ The Knob[_2_]
What is the DoD? Is that a new brand of Depends Diapers?
April 25th 09 01:13 AM
by Planters Go to last post
3 289
Portable Vista by - Anne
I've just been reading about live cd distros of linux which fit on a single bootable cd. By booting off the CD, you can have a functional version of linux with the popular applications. Are there some reliable, easy to follow instructions on how to complete the same with Vista so that I can boot any pc off the CD and have internet access and remote desktop?
August 30th 07 04:34 AM
by Lang Murphy Go to last post
8 315
HCL - old printers on Vista Business by - Bobb -
I went to HP.com and found drivers for LJ3, but what's the point of Vista HCL if device not listed in it ? I have friend who's going to buy new PC's for business. I would like to check up front if his old printers will be plug and play. ( They like them - print checks on them - would rather not deal with new printers now.) I went to : http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/Default.aspx?m=v
September 3rd 07 02:14 PM
by retroman Go to last post

From The