Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Virtual memory setting help by Chet[_6_]
I have a desktop computer HP model A6200N with 2942 mb ram, I want to set my virtual memory what would be the most practical numbers to enter in the initial and maximum size. Chet specs on my computer are HP Pavilion A6200N Desktop PC (AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 5000+, 3 GB RAM, 360 GB Hard Drive, Vista Premium)
January 3rd 12 04:33 PM
by Tim Slattery Go to last post
3 398
TouchPad wants admin account password despite being disabled. by Hexter
Hi, On an up-to-date Vista box (Compaq Presario CQ60) the Synaptics TouchPad keeps asking for the admin account password. The TouchPad is disabled, both using a button above it and in Device Manager. This is on all standard user accounts. How do I stop this?
January 3rd 12 12:37 AM
by Hexter Go to last post
0 349
Windows Installer Service could not be accessed (error 1601?) by Sid
Hi I am under VISTA home premium and have been having a problem for a few days: while trying to install or remove certain applications, the install stops and indicates that 'Windows installer service could not be accessed...'. In some software it indicates that the error code is 1601 I have tried several things after searching that problem on google, but none worked out. On microsoft's...
December 27th 11 11:09 PM
by webster72n Go to last post
4 447
really annoying wireless NIC problem by myfathersson
Am having really annoying time with my Asus M70V. When I got it, the wireless NIC was totally non-functional. I tried everything, updating the OS, updating the Atheros 928 driver on the Azureware card, rebooting uninstalling reinstalling booting again and every conceivable permutation of the same Finally after diagnosing a dead card, I put a linux CD into it and restarted and let it configured...
December 22nd 11 03:38 PM
by Ken Springer[_2_] Go to last post
9 377
Help, Help,compact Lap Top Help And Assistance, by robbt
Hi Guys , I require a lot of help, I was given a Compact lap top computer by one of my Drs, it has a cracked screen but have have been using it with a another monitor, the computer frooze a couple of weeks ago so I was in a hurry and turned off the power , it has not worked correctly since. Currently a friend burned a Linox Live disc operating system, only with this disc I cannot upload pictures...
December 18th 11 05:47 PM
by robbt Go to last post
0 268
Users vanish on log-in screen when clicking user by TC[_3_]
Hi, On Vista Home Premium. Sometimes all users vanish when I click a user name to log-in, forcing me to remove the battery from the notebook to reboot. Is there a way to fix it? How? If relevant, this is on a HP Compaq Presario CQ60 Thank you.
December 16th 11 08:06 PM
by Tim Slattery Go to last post
1 331
Laptop Keyboard Gone Crazy by Dell Christopher
HP Pavilion G60 laptop Vista Home Premium Out of nowhere, my keyboard has literally gone crazy. Almost every key stroke results in either a different letter, or a random series of letters/numbers/actions. I actually had to connect an external USB keyboard just to enter the sfc /scannow command (the Enter key was whacked out, too). Finally, I just gave up and did a System Recovery. When it...
December 8th 11 05:48 AM
by Dell Christopher Go to last post
7 521
vista, vpc and ubuntu by pjp[_4_]
I am so so tired of trying to get any version of Linux working under VPC 2007 running Vista. This is more for you Linux lovers. Why, why, why, when you've know now for numerous versions that VPC does not do 24 bit color depth you continue to insist on that being the default during detection hence making actually even checking it out nothing but a frustrating garbled screen that seems...
November 29th 11 02:15 AM
by pjp[_4_] Go to last post
2 304
USB Over Current Error! by parman[_4_]
Does anyone know how to fix this? At startup I get this USB over current error! Below that it directs me to Press F1 to continue,F2 to enter SETUP. This is a Dell Inspiron 530s desktop computer: 150GB HDD 2GB Ram Processor Intel Celeron CPU 2.00GHZ
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 28th 11 12:24 PM
by Jim[_65_] Go to last post
10 550
cannot install vista sp1 by Pedro[_6_]
Hello friends, I've a windows vista x86 os installed on my system (4GB RAM). The problem is that when trying to install vista service pack 1 on or off-line instalations, the system stays for many many hours in an indefinite loop or eventually crashing but never finishing installation. I can get no other windows updates except for the windows defender ones. Can anybody, please help me with...
November 26th 11 03:43 AM
by webster72n Go to last post
1 317
Gd download manager by pjp[_4_]
Is the download manger in IE9 really that bad. So unpredicatble of when it'll not resume a file, items disappear from list etc. etc. and yet seems hard to avoid it's use. FFS MS fix this crap!!!
November 24th 11 04:21 AM
by pjp[_4_] Go to last post
0 300
Microsoft Imaging by species8350
I tried to use Microsoft Imaging to open multipage tiff files, but it appears that the programme does not support multipage facilities. Microsoft Imaging was already on my machine, but I neded to use a CD to install the software. I will not now be needing the utility. Can the facility be uninstalled? I can't find it in Control Panel (Programs). I can not see the utility in Word either! It does...
November 22nd 11 10:41 AM
by species8350 Go to last post
4 289
November 20th 11 10:40 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 260
November 20th 11 10:38 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 263
Just Dell Logo Screen! by parman
I have this Dell Inspiron 530s desktop computer that won't get past the dell logo screen at startup. I bought this computer off a friend that had said the psu had gone bad. I bought a new psu and installed it, hooked up sata hdd and sata dvd-rom and tried it. At first I was able to go to setup and then it asked for password. Didn't know any password but I did try a few that I had seen on another...
November 20th 11 10:36 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 280
Recovery CD by ExecMan
Hi, I have Windows 7 64 bit. A client gave me his laptop running Vista 32, which will not boot. I booted with my Windows 7 recovery CD. It wants to repair something. I do not think this is safe since they are 2 different windows versions. Can I create a Vista recovery CD from Windows 7? Or, can I use my 64 bit recovery CD to fix the issue? Or, where is a good place to download an ISO?
November 20th 11 10:34 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 294
A QUESTION 4 KEN SPRINGER: YOU WOULD NOT HAPPEN 2 BE THE SAME PERSONAS KEVIN SMALL BONE OR TONY LANCE WOULD YOU? by [email protected]
INQUIRING MINDS WANT 2 KNOW! JUST FYI! THREAD CLOSED! P.S. HAVE YOU GOTTEN A PAP SMEAR LATELY? YOUR MALE VAGINA REALLY NEEDS IT! PLEASE MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO SEE YOUR PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN (PCP) A.S.A.P.! JUST FYI! THREAD REMAINS CLOSED!
November 17th 11 02:21 PM
by Ken Springer[_2_] Go to last post
4 284
New hard drive Vista install by awills
I had to replace a damaged hard drive in my laptop this week. I replaced the hard drive and began installing Windows Vista back on the hard drive. Half way through the power went out and the computer shut down. When I turned the computer back on I got a message "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD./....". I have tried pressing several keys and I get no response. What do I do?
November 17th 11 03:38 AM
by Ken Springer[_2_] Go to last post
8 370
November 17th 11 03:05 AM