Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
pre-installed vista home premium by Bill
Vista Home Premium came pre-installed on an Acer Aspire L3600 I've bought. I am NOT getting along with this OS at all and am thinking of installing XP on the PC. But having shelled out hard earned bucks for Vista I'm loathe to bin it for ever, at least for the time being. Is it possible to do a factory restore, copy the necessary Acer material before uninstalling everything bar Vista, and...
July 9th 08 01:27 PM
by Nonny Go to last post
1 296
Microsoft Jet 4.0 by Shawn
I keep getting an error message that Microsoft jet 4.0 is not registered with the local computer, any help
July 9th 08 01:13 PM
by Mark L. Ferguson Go to last post
1 291
Games to run on home network by Lu Powell[_2_]
I posted in a MS games forum and got no response, so I'll try here. Does anyone know of a Hearts games that can be played among users on a home network running Vista Home Premium and XP? TIA
July 9th 08 01:04 PM
by Lu Powell[_2_] Go to last post
7 414
SFC Not working by army
Hi, I currently run Vista Ult x64. I went to Run, then typed SFC. A black command prompt appears, then disappears immediately. Could anybody tell me how to fix this problem?
July 9th 08 11:17 AM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
3 334
Search by bmb
Hi Why took so long time to search in win vista.Only im searching for files from one program that i Uninstalled .Iwants to be sure if some files left or not and for that more thn 10 min. i have to wait!!!!and sometimes shows Runtime Error Any suggestions.... Thanks --
July 9th 08 10:31 AM
by Jan Hyde (VB MVP) Go to last post
1 358
Windows Vista updating and computer shutting down by LH[_2_]
Fairly regularly I find that Vista automatically shuts my computer down to install updates. I get no warning message so quite often i'm in the middle of something and lose my work etc. Can anyone let me know if there's anything I can do to stop this happening. Thanks
July 9th 08 10:18 AM
by The Spanish Mongoose Go to last post
2 300
Unable to turn off network discovery by JB
I'm running Vista home premium on a notebook and network discovery & file sharing were always off until recently, now they are both on and cannot be turned off because the off/on dialog is greyed out.? JB
July 9th 08 09:34 AM
by JB Go to last post
2 306
Sp1 by Squirrel-Salad
I had a few problems while installing Sp1 on vista and am now unsure if its installed or not. It does not show in the Windows update page but past experiance has told me this does not always mean it has installed. How can I check?
July 9th 08 09:33 AM
by Nonny Go to last post
3 466
Scheduled Task Start/End Duration and Intervals by kirsch59
In Vista, I would like to schedule a task (bat program with shutdown command) that runs weekly (Sun-Sat). It should start at 11:00 PM, run every 1 minute for 8 hours. The task (batch job) should not run from 7:01AM-10:59PM. I was able to set the scheduled task using XP; however, under Vista the task keeps on running after the 8 hours. Thanks
July 9th 08 09:20 AM
by Radhika Go to last post
1 271
Will Moshe EVER hit 1 percent???? by High Plains Thumper
Moshe Goldfarb. wrote: F Oh'Ff vist- A wrote: you bore me and I dont want to get into a long thread - flamewar And you're an idiot. Please try and learn something about the topic before posting and confirming to the world that you don't have a clue what you are talking about.
July 9th 08 06:53 AM
by High Plains Thumper Go to last post
0 355
installing programs in Safe Mode by Mark[_25_]
What are the risks, if any, of installing programs in Safe Mode on Vista Home premium SP1?
July 9th 08 06:19 AM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
1 282
Will Linux EVER hit 1 percent???? by Damian
kevpan815 wrote: "Snit" wrote in message ... "Moshe Goldfarb." stated in post on 7/8/08 3:33 PM: Linux has been around for 15+ years. Linux is free. Linux applications are free.
July 9th 08 04:52 AM
by Bruce Sinclair Go to last post
2 309
Jerk Is by measekite
Unreal. I never seen the Jerk count so high with the Jerk and his friends posing crap under so many Jerky names. I finally found out what business the Jerk was in. He mfg and sells SheepJerky over the Internet. Ah ha ha ha ha
July 9th 08 04:51 AM
by FB[_5_] Go to last post
2 435
What motivates Frank besides sniffing the rear ends of sheep? by FB[_5_]
By PowerUser: "Licentious. Obnoxious. Anti-democratic. In case you can't tell, I'm making a direct reference to Mr. Adam Albright. Before I launch into my main topic, I want to make a few matters crystal-clear: (1) Failure to recognize this salient point will result in Adam's getting free reign to enshrine irrational fears and fancies as truth, and (2) as a result of that, my observations are...
July 9th 08 04:49 AM
by FB[_5_] Go to last post
0 321
Icons Disappeared From Desktop by ChaseBailly
I've had my notebook for a couple days now and yesterday when I booted up all of a sudden I have no icons on my desktop. If I save anything there it doesn't show up either, it's just blank screen with nothing but my wallpaper. Can anyone help me out here? I'm getting tired of having to track everything down by folders when I want to open something..
July 9th 08 04:16 AM
by oscar Go to last post
4 257
clipboard by neegall
hello: can I copy from clipboard to an email message that I am creating? The HELP menu tells me to Click the Edit menu, and then click Copy to copy the selected information to the Clipboard. (done) In the file that you want to copy to, click the location where you want to insert the information you copied to the Clipboard. (done) Click the Edit menu, and then click Paste. (There is no edit...
July 9th 08 04:12 AM
by No Name Go to last post
3 291
Vistoa home premium (HP) to Vista Ultimate on HP laptop by Ray NJ
Upgrading from Vista home premium installed by HP, forces the Ultimate upgrade to be a re-install. Will this re-install effect the wireless and wired connections? What else should I be aware of?
July 9th 08 03:47 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 296
Why does Vista explorer.exe hog cpu & how do I stop it? by Marian M.
I've seen a few messages on this, but none with cures or explanations. Am on dual core machine with 32 bit Vista, so explorer only hogs up to 51% of CPU instead of all, though this still is enough to stop me from being able to get work done. On this latest instance, I turned the Win Explorer window off & waited for ~ an hour, which did nothing to alleviate the problem (task manager still...
July 9th 08 03:25 AM
by Marian M. Go to last post
9 326
About Imposters by Imposter Investigations[_5_]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impostor "kevpan815" wrote in message ... Go Away Impostor, Just FYI.
July 9th 08 03:24 AM
by Imposter Investigations[_5_] Go to last post
0 304
Accessing a registered site by Ms. Tiffany
I have registered on this website and have not been able to log onto the site for which I've registered. I can access the site but when I attempt to use my username and password Windows Vista does not recognize the username and password I entered. I've reset the password and this program (Windows Vista) does not allow it to work for some reason. I can access the site and log on from any...
July 9th 08 03:19 AM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post

From The