Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Desktop Wallpaper by Nisko
As I understand it, I have three options for positioning my photo on the desktop. 1. Full screen, 2. Tiled, 3. In the middle of the screen. If it's in the middle of the screen, sizing is not an option. Also, I can change the background color. I changed the background color to my liking. However, no matter which of the three options I choose for positioning the photo, it covers the entire...
December 20th 09 05:16 PM
by Patrick Palczewski[_2_] Go to last post
3 347
Window Vista - Can't log into safe mode by firebirds0707
I was deleting some stuff and accidentally deleted the wrong stuff. Now, there is a huge problem and I can't log into the windows. It says there is a server processor error and for more information visit the event log. Because of this I clicked F8 (can succesfully view it) and tried to log into safe mode.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 20th 09 01:25 PM
by Natéag[_3_] Go to last post
13 508
Vista Updates by Duncs
I've just had a look at the "update history" section in Vista, and there are numerous updates with a status of "Failed". Can anyone advise on why they have failed, when others have gone in, and also what I can do to correct the situation? Many TIA Duncs
December 20th 09 02:06 AM
by webster72n Go to last post
4 341
Mozilla patches critical, high-risk Firefox vulnerabilities by Alias[_61_]
Mozilla patches critical, high-risk Firefox vulnerabilities: http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=5137&tag=wrapper;col1
December 19th 09 05:28 PM
by FUD Watcher International Go to last post
8 358
Vista Home and Windows.Old files by Sherrie
I upgraded my granddaughter's computer from Win.2000 to Vista Home. It had to do a clean install since it was upgrading from Win. 2000 and it stored the previous installation in a folder called Windows.old. This folder takes up 6GB of space and she only has 3GB left on the drive. After all this work I don't want to install a new hard drive if I can avoid it. She can live with only 3GB of...
December 19th 09 04:45 PM
by DanS[_4_] Go to last post
6 316
Won't hold resolution setting by [email protected]
Been using Home Premium 64 SP1 on HP Pavilion dv7-211 laptop for about 3 months. Still using 98SE on two desktops and XP on another laptop. I'm 75 and my memory has not improved with age, so I may not remember everything correctly. My best recollection is that I didn't have the problem until recently.
December 19th 09 04:38 PM
by DanS[_4_] Go to last post
1 278
Vista Service Pack 2 failed to install; error code 80004005 by denim
Hi. Vista Service Pack 2 fails to install in my laptop. I have downloaded it thru Windows Update, ran it and yet in the end an error message appeard that it was not installed with the following error code: 80004005. Please help. Thanks, denim
December 19th 09 04:20 PM
by Death Go to last post
4 358
IIS on Vista home premium? by Steven Spits
Hi, Plannig to buy Vista, but not sure what version to get. I do VS.NET development, mostly ASP.NET. Can IIS be installed on Vista home premium? Or do I need business or ultimate? Steven
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 19th 09 03:26 PM
by Alexey Smirnov Go to last post
47 1,129
this is alias... by DanS[_4_]
What I am is a straight talking no-bull**** fearless ass kicking That should read *ALL* BS. screw-with-me-and-you've-screwed-with-the-wrong-guy type of person. Because you're like a woman, and never let anything go and will stoop to any means necessary to make a claim of a shallow internet victory ? (I've still never seen anyone kick anyone's a** on the internet....unless of
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 19th 09 02:03 PM
by DanS[_4_] Go to last post
13 476
Help!: Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal by John John - MVP
Joeyy wrote: I've gone through a few threads regarding this issue..but none of them have the same error code(?) I got. Please try to help me get down to the root of the problem, and advices to how I can solve this! I've only got this much info: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x825E4962, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xB308E2E9) NOWMEMDF.sys
December 19th 09 12:21 PM
by John John - MVP Go to last post
0 274
External USB Hard Drive no longer works by [email protected]
I have been using an external drive for backup - but as of today, I cannot 'see' it in 'Computer.' It is turning, but not showing up on my monitor. Is there any way I can check to see what the problem is? The cables seem fine.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 19th 09 10:32 AM
by eXXoTekK Go to last post
15 529
windows firewall by [email protected]
I just switched to live essentials vs onecare, and I have to use the windows firewall. I think I recall this firewall doesn't have all the power of others. And it's definitely not the onecare firewall. I fired it up, and added a few programs that I know are web bots , and deselected the check boxes. What I want to do is BLOCK specific programs from calling home. There's no real help that I can...
December 18th 09 11:13 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 290
ABUSE REPORT by Alias[_61_]
Frank wrote: Alias wrote: Frank wrote: Alias wrote: Frank wrote: Stan Starinski wrote: Message to this Group modertaor: Sorry, but there isn't a moderator here. If there were, I would
December 18th 09 06:17 PM
by Paph Shmir Go to last post
8 308
sound driver by Danevolve
Hi, after formating and reinstalling windows xp, im not able to install a sound driver. im a newbie.. can sombody tell me what i need to do...thanks
December 18th 09 03:43 PM
by Jim[_49_] Go to last post
2 267
how to downgrade aspire m5640 to xp by jandyman
our office bought an acer aspire m5640 with windows vista...we have encountered many problems because some of the programs use in the office are designed only in xp...i tried to downgrade to xp but an error occured...pls help me...thanks in advance...
December 18th 09 03:10 PM
by HelpViaVideo Go to last post
7 305
Extending Vista partition by Mamamegs
I'm trying to extend my Vista partition but the option is greyed out, even though there's adjoining unallocated space. Funny thing is that I can shrink the Vista partition and extend any other partition on the disk. How can I extend the Vista partition? BTW, is there a third-party partition manager available for Vista? -- Mamamegs. I reject your reality and substitute my own.
December 18th 09 03:00 PM
by extpress Go to last post
6 410
unwan ted boxes on screen by John Presland
I get twoboxes coming up automatically most times I switch on the computer. I can't close them, though they can be minimised. I don't want them to appear at all. ONe is windows Live Mesenger, inviting me to do something or other. I haven't done anything and don't want to use the service at the moment. The other is telling me a drive needs installing for memory sticks and they won't work...
December 18th 09 02:17 PM
by db Go to last post
3 300
Automatic updates, automatically disabling itself by [email protected]
Automatic updates, automatically disabling itself. 2nd day now onecare popped up to tell me the updates turned themselves off. I'm thinking what malware would want to turn the updates off ? Any idea what's going on here ? Did I AUTOMATICALLY install an update that caused this ?
December 18th 09 01:09 PM
by Michael Go to last post
1 303
MS Picture Manager tries to open Adobe pdf files by Paul Harrison
How do I stop Picture Manager from trying to open pdf files? It appears to have made it's self the default program for most email attachments. -- Paul
December 18th 09 07:56 AM
by Paul Harrison Go to last post
0 335
Windows Installer Pop-up at start-up by alice
I have a new HP computer and recently every time I boot up the computer, a windows installer window pops-up and tried to install a program (it doesn't state the program name) but stops at the stage when it searches for an installation CD, as I don't have the computer's installation CD (the computer comes with no installation CD and all installation info is backed-up in the secured drive...
December 18th 09 02:39 AM
by ReeseM1984 Go to last post

From The