Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Great advice, ACER has Aspire One out with 10 inch screen and WINDOWSXP for only $329 by long time windows user
This little bugger is one of the best computers I have ever owned. It runs better than my Vista machines with Vista Ultimate and Micosoft Office for business. I downloaded Open Office suite from openoffice.org and ftp software from coffecup.com all for free. I switched to web mail at powweb so no mail client needed. I bought a little Vivatar video camcorder from Fred Meyers for $39 and made a...
December 15th 09 09:20 AM
by Alias[_61_] Go to last post
4 303
File Disappeared!!?? by phil6666
I used a file yesterday, closed it, no problems. I boot up this morning and the file is missing & not in the recycle bin. My search for it didn't prove very useful. I do have an old copy, but would prefer not to re-create some of the data.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 15th 09 08:57 AM
by gphone Go to last post
12 479
speech recognition could not start by ted medin
Trying to us a bluetooth headset for mike & speaker but get the subject line. Anyone got any ideas? TIA
December 15th 09 03:10 AM
by mmarkoe Go to last post
1 300
Date and time changes after restarting. by David McColgan
I'm having a problem with Vista 64, I've verified the date and time in the bios (new motherboard) what happens is the date and time change to Dec 2016 after the PC restarts and the desktop is ready for action. I've scanned for viruses and malware and none were found, this is a new install from scratch. Does anybody have any ideas? Also I have a "Interactive Services Detection" error that...
December 15th 09 02:56 AM
by Death Go to last post
9 437
HELP! "This page failed to load" on Windows Update by chapmanjw
Hello, I have two issues with my Vista x64 Ultimate system. When I goto Windows Update in the control panel I get a blank page that says "This page failed to load." And when I try to goto Programs and Features, the window pops up for a second and then closes. Any ideas. Thanks,
December 15th 09 02:23 AM
by david nnacheta Go to last post
4 878
Is Vista Media Center in the stone age? by Mike Vandeman
Hi, I recently moved to a small community on Vancouver Island, an independent principality off the coast of the Dominion of Canada. I can receive four 1080i HDTV signals using amplified HDTV rabbit ears from Radio Shack. I have a Hauppauge WinTV (HVR 1250). WinTV is able to detect and record OTA HDTV signals. On the contrary, Vista Media Center TV Setup is unable to detect an OTA signal....
December 15th 09 01:41 AM
by Mark Adams Go to last post
4 434
A s/w That will Look after Personal data's by kev-nass
Get Me A s/w That will Look after My personal data by keeping it safe and secured like a security devices with passwords which prevent anyone from opening my computer at "all" from my desk after I log off.. . they cannot access anything on my computer .. nor mess with any settings ... Please I need a help :confused: -- kev-nass Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
December 14th 09 11:25 PM
by Charlie Tame Go to last post
2 335
Installing Critical Updates... by ross m. greenberg
I'm running the Belarc Advisor for a full inventory of my system and it is telling me that there are a few Critical and Important updates I must have marked as hidden a long time ago. I'm interested in getting a clean bill of health from Belarc and want to install all of the previously missed updates. How can I install one given update without restoring all the hidden updates? Thanks! Ross
December 14th 09 10:34 PM
by Gene E. Bloch[_4_] Go to last post
4 319
Windows Mail Live Removal by M Wade
I have Windows Mail Live on my system but want to remove it. Can anyone tell me which description that would be in the Uninstall Programs list?
December 14th 09 10:06 PM
by M Wade Go to last post
4 289
Google earth by Vaio FE41Z
Once I have installed Google Earth on Vista Home Premium, my screen is remaining "black" after rebooting. I have then to restaure my laptop to a previous configuration. Is anybody can explain me what it is going on ?? regards
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 14th 09 10:05 PM
by Gene E. Bloch[_4_] Go to last post
35 927
Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64 by Edward W. Thompson[_2_]
I have purchased an Acer Aspire 6930G laptop that came with Vista x86 (32 bit) installed but with a free 'upgrade' to Windows 7 x86. I have a 'desktop' and an update copy of Windows 7 (legit) that came with both 32 and 64 bit disks. I have installed the 64 bit version onto the desktop. I want to install the 64 bit version of Win7 onto my laptop but Microsoft insist they will only provide...
December 14th 09 09:24 PM
by Mark Test Go to last post
6 319
MY OUTBURST# 2 and I am off for a long time, sorry (vacation)! by Paph Shmir
You call it vacation, the authorities call it institutionalized. What ever it is, please make sure your visit is a long time.
December 14th 09 07:09 PM
by Paph Shmir Go to last post
0 296
Vista 64 bit chokes on .jpg by Wowbagger
I have 15 machines on the LAN, one of which is running Vista Home Premium 64 bit. When browsing photos (.jpgs) on a network share all of the machines are lightning fast to display the image on the double click then quickly flip through the photos one after the others using the arrow keys except for the fastest machine of all that takes about 15 seconds to open the file then 3-5 seconds to...
December 14th 09 01:47 PM
by Leroy[_5_] Go to last post
1 302
Gateway static IP address disappears everytime I restart by Gizzo
Now you see it now you don't. Here's the scenario. When I reboot everytime, the gateway static IP address disappears. I have to manually enter it again. Everytime! I'm using Vista 32 Business SP2 on a Thinkpad X60s notebook. Why does this happen and what's the solution?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 14th 09 11:01 AM
by smokingfilla Go to last post
10 570
Microsoft Sync Center ha smesso di funzionare by mwalker
Continuo ad avere questo avviso che mi chiude i programmi su una macchina con vista. come posso risolverlo?
December 14th 09 08:58 AM
by mwalker Go to last post
2 537
Vista Printer On Network Changes IP Address by Bee
I have two ethernet hardwired network printers on my home net. Why do the IP adresses change and what can I do to to prevent this or at least find an easy way to fix it when it does. This is not an user freindly ergonomic situation MS.
December 14th 09 04:31 AM
by Mr. Arnold Go to last post
6 324
Select multiple folders in Windows Explorer and shortcut underline by LiveAndLearn
Hello all, Actual 2 questions. 1. Select multiple files in a given folder in Windows Explorer is straight forward enough (click 1st file, press shift and click on last file). Can we select multiple folders the same way? The select multiple file method just doesn't work... 2. I just switched from XP a few months ago. I remember that the keyboard
December 14th 09 01:56 AM
by bluetear Go to last post
3 349
Finding Remote Desktop by John McGaw
HP notebook with Vista Home Premium with all current patches. I'm trying to turn on remote desktop so that I can access the machine from my desktop machine but following the help instructions gets me nowhere. The closest I can get is "remote assistance" but that isn't what I want. Where am I going wrong? -- John
December 14th 09 12:37 AM
by ashvin Go to last post
6 278
Help by jcfishe
My computer came installed with vista on one partition and the users and other things on another. I recently had to restore my system and now I cannot log into my account, it just takes me to the system account, even though all of the files are still there unchanged. I would appreciate it if somebody could tell me how i can get my computer back to the way it was before or make vista recognize...
December 14th 09 12:29 AM
by Michael Go to last post
4 319
SOLUTIONS IS FOUND. ALSO A NOTE TO A**HOLE STAN by Ezeloe Blanche Cloeiss[_2_]
Aside for 2 brain cells that Stan claims to have here, here's a solution to control where right/left/dropdown menus open in Windows and where the beginning of mental sickness begins in America as told by the Chinese. I udnerstand not too many people would benefit, but those who are "PARTICULATE" or NOT PARTICULATE depending of if the battery can hold it's charge or the Lemon is discolored...
December 13th 09 10:28 PM
by Ezeloe Blanche Cloeiss[_2_] Go to last post

From The