Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Help for Stan by Blanche Starinski[_2_]
There is always help for the sick in America taken back by jobs from The Chinese peopele who don't know how to spell this is the truth. Asking psychiatrists to enter their time quickly on time cards presented to the elite after dinner is just what Stan wanted. I do beliieve that the spelling is a major or did I say majer qualifying element of the sickness? You decide.
December 13th 09 10:21 PM
by Blanche Starinski[_2_] Go to last post
0 290
Where does Vista hide my docs/settings when taking drive out ofcomputer?? by Boppy
Hi guys, I think Vista does some weird complicated thing with user data - today a tech installed Win 7 on a new hard drive and gave me my old hard drive to transfer stuff across. I've got it plugged in to my USB port. I can find all my old program files, etc, but all of my docs and settings are gone. There is no directory called Users/Jo (which was the address on my old
December 13th 09 08:32 PM
by Boppy Go to last post
2 292
Camera Assistant Software by Jonah
That program won't open and I can't use the webcam. Anyone know how to turn it off and on?
December 13th 09 05:26 PM
by professional100 Go to last post
5 321
No sleep mode when plugged in? by Adamd
Ok so I have Vista 64 bit running on a Asus laptop and when I have it in the battery saving program it will go to sleep no matter what, but when I have it plugged in and on Max performance it will not sleep... screen turns off, but nothing else happens... Please help me figure out what the problem is!!! --
December 13th 09 04:09 PM
by yohaikal[_2_] Go to last post
6 378
Sorry for typos by Jon
"Stan Starinski" China@stealsUSJobsPatentsSoftwareMusicVideo wrote in message ... I know there're misspellings, you can see those are due to fast typing, no time.... Eye sea watt ewe mien. Ewe nose watt, sum thymes eye all so doo tie pose.
December 13th 09 03:54 PM
by Jon Go to last post
0 333
Vista can't find wireless printer by Mark Test
I have a Lexmark 7500 series printer.....2 laptops running XP find it and connect (wireless) to it no problem. My laptop with Vista will not connect to it.....I've searched for settings and nothing stands out......As for loading the printer drivers, I have the disk for the driver BUT since XP loaded the driver from the printer I think Vista should be able to that as well.
December 13th 09 02:06 PM
by Natéag[_4_] Go to last post
2 288
How to disable wallpaper by steveb
This is unbelievable, but I cannot find a place to disable Wallpaper. Any why doesn't desktop backgrounds let you choose an image from several default storage locations like XP. XP used to index c:\windows, My docs and the Wallpaper directory. But mostly it won't let me choose "none" thansk
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 13th 09 01:20 PM
by Death Go to last post
15 715
%appdata%\ by pristock230
I need help! So I am trying to uninstall iTunes and re install it and when I try to do it it keeps telling me that it cannot access network location %APPDATA%\. To give you some backgroud we recently had to ininstall and reinstall our anti virus software (that is a whole other story). Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 13th 09 10:05 AM
by robcatterall Go to last post
12 665
Enlarge Notes gadget? by Keith Patrick
Is it possibe to resize the Notes (Post-It) gadget? I've got some lengthy lists I migrated over from Outlook, but the 2.5" square isn't really enough to manage the text in some cases. Also, is it by design for it not to show up in Flip3D but also get hidden by the desktop? If it's under multiple windows, I have to minimize each one to get to the note because it's not on the taskbar, and Show...
December 13th 09 01:58 AM
by viswanathbr Go to last post
2 298
Please help - strange behaviour of dropdown & other embarrassing things by Blanche Starinski[_2_]
Perhaps too much new embarrassing tasks installed this week. Now I am having a non-critical, but kind of annoying issue, I can continue working with it but if anyone could please comment? A typical yanking of hands with multiple-choice sputtering, e..g. drop down; for example right-click on empty leg area and select View or Sortby, which in turn also lead to other mishaps. Or zipper...
December 13th 09 12:15 AM
by Blanche Starinski[_2_] Go to last post
0 263
Please anyone can help? Right/Left hand expanding & dropdown embarrassing in open random places by Blanche Starinski[_2_]
Since 2 days ago (never happened for years) I am having a non-critical, but kind of annoying issue. My left hand keeps jerking up and down and my right hand keeps rubbing left and right. A typical male multiple-yanking choice , e..g. right/left-expanding or dropdown; for example try right-click on empty member area and select View or SortBy, which in turn also leads to other private matters. ...
December 13th 09 12:10 AM
by Blanche Starinski[_2_] Go to last post
0 303
Favorite links? by MikeB[_2_]
If I open Start - Documents I get a pane that shows "Favorite Links" (http://i50.tinypic.com/11r4spv.jpg) in the upper let corner. How can I change what appears in those favorite links? it would save me a few mouseclisck every time I opened it if different stuff was in there. Thanks!
December 12th 09 10:42 PM
by Brink Go to last post
3 311
Vista questions by HexterBinary
Hi, My father passed away recently and I received his laptop (with Vista Home Premium pre-installed) as a part of my inheritance. The problem is that the hardware is exclusionary. That is, the manufacturer made it so that all other operating systems are prohibited and I can't install any other operating system on it. As there is a sentimental value attached to the computer I prefer not...
December 12th 09 09:11 PM
by Bill Sharpe Go to last post
2 276
Any where to get a cheap Vista Home Basic to Vista Business Upgrade so I can use my Win 7 Professional Upgrade Disk by Tom Todhunter
Just wanted to know if I can avoid the custom install option (if at all possible.) -- Thomas A. Todhunter CISSP; MCT; MCSA; MCP; Security+; Network+; A+; NCT This message is signed by a digital ID to both ensure it's authenticity and to allow encryption between users with digital ID's Certificates can be obtained free at:...
December 12th 09 06:13 PM
by Alex Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
1 293
Where are the ... Windows\Start Menu\Programs lists in Win7? by Avraham Hanadari[_2_]
I have never liked the way Windows arranges the shortcuts in the Start Menu. For many years I have been setting up my own, which mirrors my work habits. I know there are multiple lists (at least two) and that I must coordinate them in order to have a clear presentation in Start | All Programs. I have found one of the lists, but there are still unruly entries which I cannot access. The list I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 12th 09 02:54 PM
by Frankster Go to last post
13 465
Win7 wireless area networking by Avraham Hanadari[_2_]
I have an existing wireless home network for file sharing and what not. It was no trick to get this working with XP. Vista was problematical, but is now working. How can I connect my Win7 to the home wireless network? I've been searching and experimenting for days, with no success. This is not a Home-group solution, since I have but one Win7 machine. Can someone walk me through the...
December 12th 09 07:40 AM
by Avraham Hanadari[_2_] Go to last post
7 318
ulead photo explorer 8.0 no longer works in windows vista - seekingalternative recommendation by rpgs rock dvds
ulead photo explorer 8.0 used to work ok in windows vista. now it fails with a c++ runtime error. this occured just after today's microsoft windows update. looks like it "broke" the software. and so now i need an alternative. all i need is something that works a bit like ulead photo explorer - that is something to view, organise and print digial photos. something free would be nice, but...
December 12th 09 05:26 AM
by rpgs rock dvds Go to last post
0 274
Vista hangs after updates by stagefright
I've just gotten a new machine with Vista Home on it. All seems to be fine, but after any windows updates, the next time i restart/reboot the computer windows hangs just as it's loading the desktop, forcing me to reset the computer, go into safe mode and do a system restore to preceed the update. I've switched automatic updates off for now until i find the solution. Any thoughts?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 12th 09 01:43 AM
by JUST FYI Go to last post
14 602
How to move Win7 to 1st partition ? by Natéag[_4_]
I have installed Win7 64bit on my third (last) partition, because I did not want to update Vista 32 bit. Of course it works well. But still I would like to move Win7 to the first partition, and maybe restore Vista 32 bit to the third partition. I have moved it : it did not work. I restored from a Norton Ghost restore point, and it still will not boot. Repair from the Win7 install DVD cannot...
December 12th 09 01:41 AM
by THE NEW ALIAS Go to last post
5 325
Thanks for not answering my question by Stan Starinski
I used to answer here & there & many were thankful. Now that my own post has remained unanswered for 2 days, I won't be helping others. People are a-holes when you help them, yet they sit back & relax when it's your turn to ask for help.
December 12th 09 01:25 AM
by Allen[_5_] Go to last post

From The