Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Network Issues by [email protected]
All of a sudden I've found that my Vista computer will stop being able to access my local network. I can see the other computers but when I click on them it tells me the name or path is wrong with an error of 0X80070035. I click on the diagnose and repair but am told there are no problems... Rebooting usually fixes it but sometimes I have to reboot twice for it to work but it will still happen...
June 24th 08 09:59 PM
by Mr. Arnold Go to last post
9 384
Office 2007 Program Startup by Losing Patience
My Vista OS crashed and had to be reloaded. I cannot remember how to code Word, Excel and PowerPoint so they do not automatically open a new file every time the application is started up. Can someone give me the correct coding? For Excel I have inserted "c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\powerpoint.exe /e" in the "start in" box but that doesn't work. Please help if you can.
June 24th 08 09:50 PM
by Nepatsfan Go to last post
3 389
the INF Update Utility - Primarily for Intel® 4, 3, 900 Series Chipsets are the same Intel Driver Chipset for Vista and XP? by rebelscum0000
Dear all. When I click on Download Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility (Intel® G33 Express Chipset) and select my operating system as Windows Vista 32, and Click on Go! Is the same as If selected as my operating system as Windows XP Professional downloads on 1 page supported for Windows Vista* 32 INF Update Utility - Primarily for Intel® 4, 3, 900 Series Chipsets
June 24th 08 09:45 PM
by rebelscum0000 Go to last post
0 314
What in the world was Microsoft thinking...... by ahougaard
What in the world was microsoft thinking putting this on the market. What is worst is why companies like Acer who have not trained their people on vista are putting it on their freshly built system and fools like me purchase one. I spent good hard earned money that was by the very blood and sweat of my husband who works 80 hour weeks to purchase and pay our bills. Our old system died and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 24th 08 09:43 PM
by DanS Go to last post
18 589
Microsoft Sidebar by Clinton
How does one go about deleting what RSS feeds one wants in the default RSS Newsfeeder?
June 24th 08 09:03 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 339
Wireless mouse and the ole screen saver issue by borninusa
Okay..I know this has been discussed before...but my question is a bit extended from earlier discussions. I bought a Logitech mouse...and now on my Vista operated machine...the screen saver does not always come on. Upon reading earlier post..it was said I needed to go into updates to find the "HID non-user input data filter"..and install. Well, updates never found it nor is it a part of a...
June 24th 08 08:26 PM
by borninusa Go to last post
0 340
moving/copying/canceling window goes on and on by Kate[_6_]
Of late my pop up wind that shows moving/copying etc goes on and on. The items are handled but the window won't go away. If I force it with Task Manager it closes all Explore windows. Is there a fix for this annoyance? Kate
June 24th 08 08:09 PM
by seth Go to last post
1 343
Open file error by CJ[_2_]
Hi Groupies: Every time I double click to open a file I get the message "Windows can not find c:\file path\file name. Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again." The file always opens but what is up with this error? -- Thanks for taking the time!
June 24th 08 07:36 PM
by CJ[_2_] Go to last post
0 357
Event ID 4226 by MrKite
TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts. I realize this had been addressed already, but I looked through the previous threads and did not find a definitive answer. I get his warning in Event Viewer several times a day. I can't tell that it is causing any problems, although from reading the posts, correcting it might increase my...
June 24th 08 07:32 PM
by Mark L. Ferguson Go to last post
1 349
Slow to create a wireless connection in Vista by [email protected]
Frequently when I boot up (or restart) and then log in to Vista, the little network icon in the system tray will show a red X, and I cannot use the Internet during that time. I have to wait anywhere from 30 seconds to a few minutes before the red X turns into a globe, at which point I can start using the Internet. This problem doesn't always happen, sometimes I boot up and log in, and it shows...
June 24th 08 06:59 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 300
Vista Sidebar Gadget Development by Ishaan Dogra
Hi I am developing a vista sidebar gadget and I need to store the settings entered by the user. I am using the following code to save the settings, but I am not able to. I can't figure out what is wrong with it. function onSettingsUnload(event) { if (event.closeAction == event.Action.commit) {
June 24th 08 06:50 PM
by Mark L. Ferguson Go to last post
1 293
IIS in windows vista home basic by IIS in windows vista home basic
Hey I have windows vista home basic and i going to execute asp.net file but i cannot
June 24th 08 06:17 PM
by Mr. Arnold Go to last post
7 426
Valid definitions file by Byteguy
This is not the same problem that was discussed in 2007--does not have to do with mail. I get the error "Could not locate a valid definitions file. Please go to the program options and click 'update definitions' to download a definitions file" This message appears every time Vista starts. We think it has to do with the installation of a HP printer--a Photosmart C4140 which is not fully...
June 24th 08 06:14 PM
by Byteguy Go to last post
6 324
Vista KMS - by Ron
Hello, After setting up 25+ computers all running Vista and will be activated through our KMS server, running the command "slmgr -dli" will prove that we have reached the required 25 activated count. After a while, our count will drop below the required 25, and we will have to start all over. In some cases, a workstation would be totally locked out and will not be able to activate until...
June 24th 08 05:59 PM
by Darrell Gorter[MSFT] Go to last post
1 347
Remote assistance by Firedavo
i am new to vista and i am using remote assitance to set up a friends comp, i have tried every way to establish a connection to their computer through remote assistance but i keep getting connection could not be established as remote user may have clossed the sessio, when the remote computer is awaiting connections, all firewalls have been disabled and the right ports open when enabled, help...
June 24th 08 05:17 PM
by Karl Snooks Go to last post
4 347
Network Store interface service has stopped working 64b Ultimate S by Help me
Ok so I did a dumb thing I update to SP1.. How do I fix the issue of the Network Store Interface ? Thanks
June 24th 08 04:37 PM
by Mark L. Ferguson Go to last post
1 331
June 24th 08 04:30 PM
by Help me Go to last post
0 290
Vista boot and shutdown problems ... by Frank Uray
Hi all I am proffesional .NET developer working with C# and SQL. Because of new features of the new MS products I was switching to Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit. My Vista runs on: ASUS Striker II Extreme with QuadCore 2.5 GHz. 4 GB Patriot Memory, 2 GeForce Grafikcards with 4 Monitors, 300GB Fujitsu SCSI disk. Now, the problem is:
June 24th 08 04:22 PM
by Karl Snooks Go to last post
4 295
two outlook issues by sikerr
I sometimes get double emails, how do create a command to delete them automatically my reminders/alerts won't delete from the PC - I'm up to 200+/- in the past several months (they do delete from the handheld unit). How do i fix these two items?
June 24th 08 04:20 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 261
rename any file or folder by rename any file or folder
when I try to rename any file or folder this message appear " file or folder does not exist "
June 24th 08 04:13 PM
by Karl Snooks Go to last post

From The