Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Error message when starting Vista during black screen section by The Dog Breeders List
As Vista comes up I get a message -1st delete program not found skipping auto check Doesn't seem to bother anything, just want to find out if their is something I can do to identify and fix the problem. Thanks, Bob --
December 12th 09 12:38 AM
by Charles W Davis[_2_] Go to last post
1 329
RDC Error - This computer can't connect to the remote computer. by Awrex
Hi - I know there is a fix for this error somewhere in the "bowels" of MS KB articles, I just can't seem to find it after numerous searches. The fix has to do with deleting some registry keys then using RDC as admin to reset the security keys or something to that effect. It only seems to pop up whenever there is a "patch update" to which then I can no longer RDC. If anyone could point me...
December 11th 09 10:31 PM
by Awrex Go to last post
1 356
Random Bluescreens by einarthor
Hey guys. I have had problems with BSOD for quite a long time, almoust a year... I have searched the internet reading loads of threads about the same error code without any of that stuff working. Without saying more here are my 3 latest dumps: http://rapidshare.com/files/319224138/Dumps.rar.html
December 11th 09 09:22 PM
by Charlie Tame Go to last post
2 334
Vista General R.I.P. by Alias[_61_]
Now that Vista Second Edition, aka Windows 7, is out, this group has degenerated into Frank baiting anyone who is willing to fight with him. I won't be posting much here. Now that I have Windows 7 running, I will help people on the alt newsgroup but not under the nym of "Alias". -- Alias
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 11th 09 05:52 PM
by Alias[_61_] Go to last post
16 556
Can you install Windows 7 inside of Virtual PC 2007? by Tom Todhunter
I have started this but then Vista locks up on me about 40% into the extracting files options. I am trying this first to see how it looks and feels before I have to blow away my existing OS system. The installation process tells me that the Upgrade Option is not available for me. Thanks -- Thomas A. Todhunter CISSP; MCT; MCSA; MCP; Security+; Network+; A+; NCT
December 11th 09 05:29 PM
by philo[_2_] Go to last post
4 384
Is there a way to stopVista from automatically closing WinExplorer upon ejecting CD/DVDR after recording/labeling? by Stan Starinski
Is there a way to stopVista from automatically closing WinExplorer upon ejecting CD/DVDR after recording/labeling? Suddenly it's doing it, but I believe upto recent times such annoyance was not happening. Eject disk and continue working in WinExplorer, but now I need to restart and go BACK to a folder where I left off, often burried deep in filetree. It's wasting some time & annoying, any...
December 11th 09 04:03 PM
by db Go to last post
9 470
Spain Debt Outlook Cut by S&P as Slump Hurts Deficit (Update1) by Frank[_84_]
Hey alias...enjoy! I know I did! http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601085&sid=aswY91RN_H1Q
December 11th 09 12:39 PM
by Death Go to last post
5 351
picture in picture by ted medin
Have to digital pictures & would like to put a couple of people on one picture into the other picture. How do i do this? Anyone got any ideas? TIA
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 11th 09 11:52 AM
by Alias[_61_] Go to last post
12 635
Windows Live Messenger has stopped working. by Anthraxx
I keep getting the above error in Vista Home Premium. It also says "A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is availible." The only other programs I have installed are iTunes, Firefox and Rocket Dock. Initialy the error said I was missing msvcr71.dll, so I had a friend email it to me, then I put it in System32....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 11th 09 09:39 AM
by Nikkayye Go to last post
25 873
sound icon by goldpony
I have Window Vista 32, I just wondering how to get my sound icon back on my taskbar?? It seems to disappear -- Lauria
December 11th 09 09:31 AM
by karnyks22[_16_] Go to last post
1 284
Do I need to download SP2 and SP3 even though Windows Update updates my Vista regularly? by Steven Litvintchouk
I bought a computer running Genuine Vista Home Premium w/SP1. I have set Windows Update to download updates regularly--and it's downloaded quite a few so far. Do I still need to download SP2 and SP3 and install them myself manually? Or is Windows Update updating my system in an equivalent way? --
December 11th 09 02:53 AM
by Night Hawk Go to last post
1 265
How to restore networked backup when my credentials are changed? by Cat
Hello. Actually, I'm using Windows 7. But, since I guess it should be almost identical in Windows Vista and I can't find a microsoft.plublic.windows.7.general, I'm posting this here, sorry. I use a network drive to backup my date with Windows Backup (the one built in Windows). My company forces me to change my network password periodically, and I recently changed my password. And then...
December 11th 09 02:44 AM
by Cat Go to last post
0 255
sidebar gadgets display order by Malcolm H
Gadgets do not remain in the desired display order . When computer is re-started, display order has sometimes changed. How can I stop this happening?
December 11th 09 02:42 AM
by rseascape Go to last post
2 313
Cant join domain/Previous Domain wont go away. by sebekacoinop
Hello, 1st post here. This is my situation: I have a server 2008r2 domain controller and about 300 systems. Mixed desktop and laptops. The problem I am having is I took over after another admin left and they hadnt switched over all their systems to the new domain from the old. NEW: PP OLD: PARKERS I come across random problems with systems that will allow me to log in as local...
December 11th 09 01:36 AM
by sebekacoinop Go to last post
0 218
December 11th 09 01:29 AM
by THE NEW ALIAS Go to last post
0 248
Service Pack 3 - cannot upgrade by Mike McNeil
I have a Genuine version of Windows Vista on my system. Four times now I have tried to install SP3 with failure each time. It will go through the complete installation process with the 3 stages upon restart and shows success on all three of those stages but comes back saying that the upgrade did not take and my system is reverting and changes that were made during the install. My system...
December 11th 09 12:06 AM
by PA Bear, MS MVP Go to last post
9 364
Win 7 (out of the box) less secure than Vista? by webster72n
According to several opinions, professional or not, Windows 7 is supposed to be less secure than Vista in its default configuration: http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=6404&tag=nl.e589 How true is this statement? Personally I am a 'Vista' fan. Harry.
December 11th 09 12:05 AM
by Lone Star Go to last post
2 312
Windows 7 Newsgroup - available? by Octavio
I have tried to find the windows 7 Newsgroup in this list of Newsgroup where this one on Vista is, but I do not get a hit. Is there one in this group that I can add to my list and use to ask some questions? Also, a second question: Windows Vista has a lot of pretty and nice graphics, and pretty colors, etc, but it is very difficult to find some thing there when you are lost and the folder...
December 10th 09 11:59 PM
by Octavio Go to last post
5 294
unresponsive by arriella
My laptop is running vista 32....recently it started after id shutdown to start not responding on all of the windows, i ran virus/spyware/adaware did registry cleaners such as reg mech and reg cure, cleaned up the pc and nothing was fixed, so i then went and updated any drivers that needed to be updated. I still have the problem but i can at least get onto the web which i couldnt previously or...
December 10th 09 10:00 PM
by Mark Adams Go to last post
4 306
(KB977304) instlation failure by Alice[_8_]
my windows up date keeps trying to install a important securty update for microoft works 8 (KB977304). it keeps failing to install. what should i do??? Alice -- HP Pavilion M9080N(GQ500AA) Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600(2.4GHz) 64 bit Quad-Core Processor
December 10th 09 09:23 PM
by Alice[_8_] Go to last post

From The