Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
PING ALIAS by Pahp Shmir
It's funny. You have an admirer. The only other idiot dumber than yourself. Loves the way you started the Ubuntu countdown. HA HA HA HA. Maybe you can invite him to your Sheep farm in Spain for the Winter! LOL!
December 10th 09 05:33 PM
by Pahp Shmir Go to last post
0 298
(OT sort of) Software for Journal or Diary by BG
I would like to know of software that does a good job of letting me make bulleted (sometimes detailed) notes of things I did during the day. These will be reminders for my personal annual productivity reports, which I must complete for the job. * if it is calendar-based or -formatted, that would be nice * if the software is freeware, that would be useful * if the software is exportable to...
December 10th 09 03:16 PM
by ray Go to last post
2 349
best way to backup Win.email by JS[_2_]
Greetings, What is the best way to back-up msg's. and contacts from WindowsMail (Vista) to either a usb flash drive or to an external hd? I found an explanation on a website and will post it here if asked, but it seemed a little too involved. Thanks, Jim
December 10th 09 03:05 PM
by Pahp Shmir Go to last post
9 342
If I get 'access denied' one more time with Vista I am going to go to Linux : I hate Vista, I despise Vista. I absolutely hate Vista! by Blanche Starinski
"ray" wrote in message ... On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 07:34:48 -0900, U S Army Veteran wrote: From a 17 year user of windows. I no longer trust Microsoft and will not buy Windows 7, maybe never. Cool. I've been using Linux for nearly 10 years now. I've had the public access computers at the local library running Linux for nearly...
December 10th 09 02:56 PM
by Mark Adams Go to last post
2 344
Remote Desktop Connection by NaNook
I have been trying to get this up and running between two Vista machines for a few weeks now and it is doing my head in. Both machines are set to accept remote assistance and both firewalls are set to accept remote desktop. Both machines are running Home Premium SP2. Each time I try and connect from one to the other I just get an error after about a minute saying the remote computer cannot...
December 10th 09 01:41 PM
by Zaphod Beeblebrox Go to last post
1 368
set association control panel by Beauregard
I am trying to redownload a game: bigcityadventuresanfranciscofull.rgp from Real Arcade and I get the message: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Association control panel." I understand about going into the control panel, finding default programs but don't know what to do next. I can't find the .rgp extension...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 10th 09 12:58 PM
by tenagain Go to last post
19 767
BOB ALLEN - FLORIDA HOUSE OF REPS. JUST FYI by KEVIN JOHN PUTZKE
Bob Allen Member of the Florida House of Representatives Florida Chairman of John McCain's Presidential Campaign (July 11, 2007) The Crime: Offering an undercover cop $20 to allow Allen to blow him in a men's room in a public park. After being arrested, Allen tried to explain that he only offered to blow the cop because the cop was a "burly black man" and he "didn't want to become a...
December 10th 09 02:15 AM
by JUST FYI Go to last post
1 363
LARRY CRAIG US SENATOR - REPUBLICAN . JUST FYI by KEVIN JOHN PUTZKE
Larry Craig U.S. Senator Senate Liason for Mitt Romney's Presidential Campaign (June 11, 2007) The Crime: Soliciting sex from an undercover cop in an airport bathroom The Hypocrisy: Craig twice voted against adding the words "sexual orientation" to the federal hate crimes law. Craig also voted to give states the right to refuse to recognize gay marriage-a right they already had, but
December 10th 09 01:25 AM
by JUST FYI Go to last post
1 271
TED HAGGARD LEADER OF NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF EVANGELICALS, JUST FYI by KEVIN JOHN PUTZKE
Ted Haggard Leader of the National Association of Evangelicals (November 2006) The Crime: Paying male prostitutes for sex and snorting crystal meth. The Hypocrisy: A powerful force in the evangelical movement, Haggard participated in weekly meetings with President George Bush and top advisors where he gave spiritual advice. He taught that homosexuality was an abomination and actively lobbied...
December 10th 09 01:24 AM
by JUST FYI Go to last post
1 274
MARK FOLEY, US REP, REPUBLICAN. JUST FYI by KEVIN JOHN PUTZKE
Mark Foley U.S. Representative (September 28, 2006) The Crime: Sending sexually laced, gramatically challenged instant messages and e-mails to teenaged boys in the Congressional page program for more than 10 years. The Hypocrisy: Chairman of the House Caucus on Missing and Exploited Children. One of the foremost opponents of child pornography in the Senate.
December 10th 09 01:23 AM
by JUST FYI Go to last post
1 274
Ubuntu will rule the world! by Alias[_55_]
I told you, Ubuntu is the future and don't you forget it. Five years I give it! Then it will rule the world. Just look at this wonderful reviews. http://gadgetblips.dailyradar.com/story/ubuntu-sucks-says-eeebuntu-developer/ Alias
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 10th 09 01:19 AM
by Patrick Palczewski[_2_] Go to last post
19 609
THE WALMART FOUNDATION STRIVES TO PROVIDE OPPORTUNITIES. JUST FYI. by ALVIN JOHN PUTZKE
The Walmart Foundation strives to provide opportunities that improve the lives of individuals in our communities including our customers and associates. A PC will be given to certain individuals with Windows 7 RTM LTS BFD, and each user will have to work the ICON's to run applications. Just FYI. Through financial contributions, in-kind donations and volunteerism, the Walmart Foundation...
December 10th 09 12:57 AM
by THE NEW ALIAS Go to last post
1 297
Sleep mode - Computer does not got to sleep by Franz[_2_]
My system is a Dell Dimension 9200 running Vista Ultimate. For an unknown reason my desktop computer does not go to the sleep mode. I did set the power options settings for the computer to go to sleep after 30 minutes. One odd thing is that the display does not turn off either. I set the screen saver to turn on after 15 minutes - which it does. I also set the display to turn off after 20...
December 9th 09 11:03 PM
by Bob Go to last post
6 391
Recent Items List not working by Artreid
I have 15 items in my Recent Items list that never change. I create new word, notepad, etc, documents & letters and they do not show up in Recent items although all sorts of other stuff shows up there???
December 9th 09 10:50 PM
by Stan Starinski Go to last post
1 272
CANNOT WRITE a CDFS/ISO OPTICAL DISK (CD/DVDR) in VISTA in MASTERING FORMAT? ALL COME OUT AS UDF by Stan Starinski
I select "Mastering" format instead of of what Microsoft stubbornly calls "LiveFileFormat" (which is really UDF). The disk is written in a few minutes, fine. But check properties - it comes up as "UDF". I need CDFS/ISO true Mastering format, too long to explain why. I am not recording music/videos & oher rubbish. It's all technical file si.e. DATA. I tried everything but despite Mastering...
December 9th 09 10:45 PM
by Stan Starinski Go to last post
0 271
How do I copy a DVD to Vista Dell by DiDi
I have a Dell XPS 420 desktop with 2 CD/DVD drives. I want to copy a DVD to my computer. How do I do that? When I place the disc in the drive a box comes up to play it but not to copy it.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 9th 09 08:45 PM
by Michael Go to last post
10 468
How to change user name in explorer path? by C. Roy Blye
Hi, I recently set up a new user account under username X and later edited the name to username Y. As far as I can tell, the edited username (Y) appears everywhere that it should, except in the Windows pathname C:\Users\Username (X)\... Is there a way to edit the Windows pathname without deleting the user account and starting over?
December 9th 09 06:39 PM
by C. Roy Blye Go to last post
0 272
XLS-Files by webster72n
Hello All: Having trouble properly viewing XLS files in the Spread Sheet form of Microsoft Works. A calendar appears in irregular pieces and the message informs me that the task cannot be completed successfully (the exact wording escapes my memory). Is there a way to correct that? Harry.
December 9th 09 05:54 PM
by webster72n Go to last post
6 289
Debugging the Cause of a BSOD on Vista Home 32bit by Jeff91
Howdy All, So i am currently working on a friend's laptop and it has me truly stumped. It is a Dell Inspiron 1420 running Vista Home 32bit. After a clean Vista install the laptop starts to BSOD on start up after installing all the initial Windows updates. I can confirm that the system continues to work/function just fine if I leave the updates off - but I am bear to do so because I know there...
December 9th 09 02:18 PM
by Jeff91 Go to last post
0 306
Me too by Jordan Lynch
I have a similar problem with WMP on vista. Double-clicking the icon does nothing whatsoever--not even an error message. I don't even see a process or application come up in task manager. Values asked for in the registry under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6} a (Default) REG_SZ Windows Media Player LocalizedString REG_EXPAND_SZ...
December 9th 09 01:15 PM
by Gordon[_9_] Go to last post

From The