Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
How to open an html file with data in it? by Jungleyes
Hello! I have downloaded from internet, legally, 2 music albums each 120 mb each! However, they are in html format and cannot manage to extract the files that are in it! I am sure that there is someway to take the tracks from these files but I knew that html are internet files! When I double click on these html files which are supposed to have the music in it, automatically I am forwarded to a...
December 9th 09 12:55 PM
by Tim Slattery Go to last post
6 341
transfer emails from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007 on new computer by Vincent DC
Hi, How can I transfer my emails in Outlook 2003 (old computer) to Outlook 2007 (new computer). I have tried to use Belkin's Easy Transfer Cable, but the easy transfer software doesn't run on my XP (SP2) computer. Program starts, and then it just hangs and I can't do anything with it... Just close it through Task Manager
December 9th 09 03:19 AM
by undisclosed Go to last post
9 332
Media Player start by Jordan Lynch
After catching a virus and installing Sophos antivirus, WMP 11 will not work. Double-clicking the icon does nothing--Not even an error message. No other link to WMP does anything. Nothing even appears in Task manager's applications or processes when it is clicked. System Restore doesn't have a restore point at an early enough date. Any help would be great. Thanks Submitted via EggHeadCafe -...
December 9th 09 02:38 AM
by Jordan Lynch Go to last post
0 288
Windows Error Recovery by ed763
I am receiving the windows error recovery message with 5 options in addition to installing the disk, which I do not have for my laptop. Can someone please help me. -- ed763 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ed763's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/162233.htm
December 9th 09 02:21 AM
by ed763 Go to last post
0 321
Desktop background keeps going black by Steven L.
Hi all, I have Vista Home Premium SP1. I have set my Desktop Background to be one of my favorite pictures. But every half hour or so, without any warning, the Desktop Background resets itself to black, and I have to go back into Control Panel to reset the background to my picture. What is wrong?
December 8th 09 11:32 PM
by Michael Go to last post
9 314
Vista won't sleep by LumberGumRubber
Yodelleyodellelay!!! I've Vista Home Premium on a Toshiba P200 Laptop and here's the tummy-turning experience I'm having. I've set the power options for the computer to "go to sleep" in 20 minutes. I've gone to the Power Options then "change power options" and there have set the "sleep" for twenty minutes. The weird and wonderful thing is, if I reboot the computer, this will work for say,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 8th 09 11:29 PM
by cwl7454 Go to last post
11 536
Who is this Disgusting Troll Frank? by Death
Alias wrote: SNIP Frank being bad. Nice signature, Alias. Now I'm your friend. You bring up ubuntu, I'll rave about how good it is. --
December 8th 09 10:40 PM
by Death Go to last post
0 285
Turned off UAC and Cookies vanished by Ken Isaacson
Vista Ultimate SP2 Last night, I turned off UAC (because that was a suggested remedy I found online for an IE8 problem I've been having). This morning, I found that my cookies had been wiped out. I tried locating the folder where cookies are stored, and the cookies folder was gone. (I made sure that hidden files were visible, as were system files.) I then turned UAC back on, and the cookies...
December 8th 09 10:10 PM
by whs[_8_] Go to last post
4 310
Is: 1.99 GB free of 11.4 GB a problem sign? by mart
Hi, I have a Compaq Presario C700 Notebook PC -Vista Home Premium - SP 2, 32-bit OS. Processor: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual CPU T2390 @ 1.86 GHz 1.87 GHz The memory (RAM) is 2.00 GB but suddenly is showing to be 1.99 GB Is this normal because I'm running many windows (some with DVD) or is it a sign of a problem? If it is than what can I do to fix this? Anyone?
December 8th 09 09:37 PM
by Gene E. Bloch[_4_] Go to last post
6 566
Viruses or Consent by Blanche Starinski
So buy more "Made in China" and get a receipt. Not only kill your children's future, but also get tunnel vision soft & hardware crisps and dinner wear. As of Consent: Consent is what you ask of the parents is the executable file for User Animal Control (UAC) in Windows or doors during the entry of all processes born. This process is a new security feature. Unlike is also a component of liking...
December 8th 09 09:11 PM
by Blanche Starinski Go to last post
0 278
Cable to transfer WAV file to computer? (WSRToolkit) by Dominic Payer[_2_]
See http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/2578_pro_line_ds-5000_specifications_18797.htm You can either connect your recorder to the PC or transfer the file to an SD card and use a card reader. If you read your recorder manual it will tell you what to do.
December 8th 09 09:00 PM
by Bill Sharpe Go to last post
8 596
Boot from eSATA drive by Paul
I've got an ASUS M2N32 - SLI Deluxe AMD64X2 MB that has an external eSATA and it works well. So, I've been wanting to try to boot from the external SATA hard drive but changing the BIOS hasn't worked. Boot up slows as if it's looking for an external to boot off but then goes to the next boot drive and starts normally. ASUS says it can be done but tech support is useless. Anyone have any...
December 8th 09 08:59 PM
by linuxer09 Go to last post
3 334
can't load software; error 1606. could not access network location %AppData%\ by cheryl
I am trying to load my camcorder software, MediaShow. The install shield starts then I get this error code 1606, could not access network location %AppData%\. I have been googling this and am not sure what to do, as most everything points to editing the registry and I am not sure how I know if I am editing the right thing. Has anyone had this problem and knows exactly what to do? Thanks
December 8th 09 08:49 PM
by cheryl Go to last post
0 285
Keyboard utility by Natéag[_4_]
I would like to find the Microsoft Keyboard Utility (Creator?) which I had downloaded from the company's Web site. Anyone knows how I can reach the appropriate page ? Is it compatible with 64 bit systems. I have used it with XP and Vista 32 bit. but I have since moved to Win 7 64 bit. TIA
December 8th 09 08:30 PM
by No Name Go to last post
5 317
Sound Problems With Vista by RooNiL WasLiB
Hi Everybody, so I'll go straight to the point lol, I have sound problems with my laptop, the sound card is a realtek high definition audio and I run vista 32 bit. I've never had this kind of problem with sound before everything worked fine (for more than a year), the drivers are installed and windows says everything is good (though I don't have any sound) but all the sound realted...
December 8th 09 07:33 PM
by RooNiL WasLiB Go to last post
0 302
Aero glass is gone??? by Darkbreed
I installed Vista Ultimate (oem) on mij old 80 GB hdd. I had lots of problems (continues errors and bleu screens) and finaly I discovered that my hdd was broken or not up to date. So, I got a new hdd (the best I could afford: Western Digital, wdc wd1500ahfd-00RAR1 sata) But...after re-instaling windows vista ultimate on the new drive, I discoverd to my dismay that the aero-glass theme was...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 8th 09 07:16 PM
by Gordon[_9_] Go to last post
12 660
Where the security patch updates ? by snooker416
Ok, so I scan my computer at microsoft update site for the usuall monthly updates but I don't get any result now , so where are they ? thanks
December 8th 09 04:45 PM
by John Go to last post
6 406
Third mouse button emulator? by [email protected]
I have the Kensington Slimblade mouse/keyboard for portability, but there is no third mouse button. Is there a third mouse button emulator around?
December 8th 09 11:40 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
7 471
Kevin by Ge Nidee
Please don't feed this troll by reacting on his mails. I assume many posters have him in their killfile. By replying, those posters see his message that they were planning not to see. A troll may vanish by not reacting on it's messages. Thank you!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 8th 09 10:23 AM
by Alias[_61_] Go to last post
24 873
Problem with C:\Users\MyName\Documents backup by David
I'm running Viata Ultimate SP2 I have a backup batch file with: robocopy/mir C:usersaMyName\Documents G:\(USB Stick)\.. Was working perfect until i copied the MyPictures from my old XP machine into the Vista C\users\MyName\Pictures folder Now the backup robocopy, in addition to copying the documents folder, also copies the contents of MyPictures to the USB stick I've tried moving...
December 8th 09 07:26 AM
by David Go to last post

From The