Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista Disk by Roger[_10_]
I have a computer with Vista 64 bit OS. It didn't come with a OS disk. Can I create one and if so how? Thanks in advance.
December 8th 09 04:28 AM
by JaimeZX Go to last post
7 384
Can't Find Scheduled Task by JamesJ[_4_]
I posted this question in the Google help forum but haven't gotten a reply. Even though I have the Google Update Service disabled in services it still shows in Task Manager's Processes tab and appears to be running. I don't see the file in any startup place in Vista Basic or in the Startup folder in my Start Menu. I can't find it in Scheduled Tasks Is there anywhere else I might look to disable...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 8th 09 12:20 AM
by No Name Go to last post
15 524
Extended boot time since November 2009 Updates by John Edwards
Since I installed 4 Windows Updates on 25 November (KB973688, 973687, 976098, 976470), the time taken to boot-up has extended from 1 minute to over 9 minutes - of which about half shows the white 'intel' block logo and the remainder is a black screen (which could well lead a less-patient user to conclude it's a ;black screen of death'!). I've tried both uninstalling the Updates and System...
December 7th 09 11:40 PM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
2 360
error with windows update by nelso66
Windows update wont/cannot update and spits out the error below WindowsUpdate_800F081F WindowsUpdate_dt000 I've reviewed the history and find this as well, Windows Update software 7.0.6000.381 Installation date: ‎6/‎10/‎2007 10:28 AM Installation status: Failed Error details: Code 800F081F
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 7th 09 11:21 PM
by lolerz[_2_] Go to last post
21 2,123
Desktop background keeps going black by Steven L.
Hi all, I have Vista Home Premium SP1. I have set my Desktop Background to be one of my favorite pictures. But every half hour or so, without any warning, the Desktop Background resets itself to black, and I have to go back into Control Panel to reset the background to my picture. What is wrong?
December 7th 09 11:16 PM
by Steven L. Go to last post
0 362
Runtime Error on Internet Explorer when running IE8 with social networking sites by Massaro. Antonio M
Has anyone come across this same problem? You log into facebook/MySpace or your social network site and then at some point you navigate, you get this error: Virtual Library Runtime Error --- that you had to contact your system admin (which it is affecting on a Vista machine), but you are the admin as this is a personal computer. Any fixes around this one out there? Thanks in advance.
December 7th 09 11:52 AM
by GeekTech Go to last post
4 469
Google sidebar by William Gome
I had a Google Sidebar that had a clock that worked very good. I closed it and opened a Windows Sidebar to see what it had and I found out the clock does not work properly. Now I can not open the Google's. When I click on the icon for its Sidebar, it says "search you own computer." Can anybody tell me what to do to get it to open? Thanks in advance.
December 7th 09 10:44 AM
by Michael Go to last post
1 327
Vista cant rest/hibernate by Anton[_3_]
Xp can be stopped with Waiting or Resting/Hibernating (Dont have an english one). Our Vista Home have only Resting but it works like Waiting in XP, it starts at a touch, we like to have it resting. Is there no such function or what can be wrong?
December 7th 09 04:32 AM
by Anton[_3_] Go to last post
0 317
Windows Live Messenger fails on startup in Vista by Stephen @ ZennHAUS
Hi Everyone. I have a Windows Vista Home Basic Acer Aspire laptop that a client bought last week. When I installed Windows Live Messenger (downloaded from the ninemsn.com.au website), it started like it should but as soon as I tried to sign in, a "Windows Live Messenger has stopped working". When I chose the option to "Check Online for a solution", after a few seconds a notification that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 7th 09 02:41 AM
by Jonathan Kay [MVP] Go to last post
10 682
Sort by type - Shortcuts with Folders by JaimeZX
Hello. Is there a way to get Shortcuts to folders to stay at the top of an Explorer window with the folders? For me if I sort by Name then it either sorts by the name of the destination folder, or if I sort by Type then it puts it down near the bottom of a long list of files, with the Ss. Thanks in advance! Jim
December 7th 09 01:45 AM
by JaimeZX Go to last post
0 277
Vista's Windows Updates doesn't offer SP2 to download. by Phillip Pi
Hello. I got a new Acer Aspire M3800-U3802A desktop machine and I updated everything in Vista HP SP1 OEM. However, I did not get its IE8 since it was optional and I didn't want it yet. It does not offer me a SP2. Why is that? I read it can be picky on drivers and stuff, but which ones? Do I really have to get every driver and updates from Acer.com?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 7th 09 01:17 AM
by thomasz Go to last post
12 476
Yahoo Sports Updates: Backtracks on Vista 64 by petergoode
If anyone has any ideas on this one, I'd be most interested... I have noted that when I try to follow sports events on Yahoo with real time updates, after working properly for a few minutes, Windows Explorer 8 freezes at a certain point in the game...if I click on the "reload page" icon, it gives the updated status of the games, and then after about 15 seconds reverts to the earlier point in...
December 7th 09 01:12 AM
by petergoode Go to last post
0 269
Installing Office 2003 is a mess by Lancelot
I purchased Office 2003 on disk and I installed it on my old XP machine. When I used the same disk to install Office 2003 on my new Vista machine, I was taken by surprise when I was asked if I wanted Office 2007. I said yes, thinking that it was a free update for Vista. Now I have the following 3 problems, of which I have solved only the first one: 1. When I open a Word file by...
December 6th 09 07:21 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
4 353
Sound problems, Error with dssenh.dll, and error CodeÂ*8009001D Wit by RooNiL WasLiB
Hello Everybody, I hope someone can help me here, Before I start with the problems I'm facing, I should tell you That I'm using a windows home basic edition of vista (32 bit, and OEM). Yesterday I came accross some problems, when I think I did nothing in particular, first when I started my computer as usual, I saw tha there's no sound !! I checked everything and it looked ok, to be sure I...
December 6th 09 05:27 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
4 294
Boot error by piscou22
Hi guys, i am having an issue with my computer that is really bothering me. When i shut down my computer, it doesn't wanna re-open. I get a message saying "client mac addr: +numbers". I have done some research and also contacted Acer directly, with no resolution yet. Others who had the same problem mentionned that it might be a loose wire, or my CMOS battery, or even the order of my boot...
December 6th 09 04:39 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
2 308
Change Vista Backup file extension list by Radical Puffdaddy
Anyone know a reg hack to change the file extensions that Vista backup includes in the automated backup ? TIA
December 6th 09 03:56 PM
by Radical Puffdaddy Go to last post
0 290
Weird sound problem! by alextangweihao
My computer has a strange sound problem. The ONLY sound produced is the window start up sound. Other than that don't seems to be working. My driver is up-to-date. I tried restore my computer but it doesn't work. My speakers are not muted. I tried restarting Hundreds of time but everytime the only sound to be heard is the window startup sound and thats all. Tried plug in earphones but no sound as...
December 6th 09 03:27 PM
by witan Go to last post
1 315
Windows Mobile Device Center will not launch (BIG PROBLEM) by Mike D
Wow, I have a big problem. WMDC (Windows Mobile Device Center) will not even open up for me. I double click the icon in the control panel and nothing!!! I even tried to install the update and still nothing!!! Vista is crumbling away at my feet. I am having multiple problems and they are ALL Vista related not hardware, anti-virus related, or firewall related. I have a t-mobile wing. It...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 6th 09 01:20 PM
by outlawcatcher Go to last post
13 704
Vista shuts down for no reason by RogueWarrior
Please help! I have Windows Ultimate and it is an HTPC (Home Theater PC). It has three tuners (HDTV Wonder, AverMedia A180, AverMedia 1500 MCE). It has an HIS 2600 Pro video card. When watching Vista MCE shows - it will just shutdown - not restart - the PC actually turns off. The BIOS is set to start up on a power failure - so it starts back up. I guess my question is why would my PC...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 6th 09 01:18 PM
by sparkylee Go to last post
28 1,020
Active Directory Domain Service? by cwl7454
Windows Vista Ultimate 64; Office 2007 Professional Plus; Epson NX510 All in one Printer, is default printer under Printers. Will print test page and document saved on desktop. Will not print a saved or new doc. Document goes to "Not Responding" when print command is used. Do a esc to clear, then Print properties box opens. In drop down menu no printer shown, click on drop down menu arrow and...
December 6th 09 01:05 PM
by cwl7454 Go to last post

From The