Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
You have lost your connection to the Windows Help and Support by No Name
Using Windows Vista Ultimate. When I try to use Windows Help, it displays: "You have lost your connection to the Windows Help and Support website. Try to connect again." I have no other connection problems. Thanks for any help.
June 11th 08 01:21 PM
by Brink Go to last post
9 338
cannot find email attachments by dave
I have an Acer Aspire laptop with Vista. I use webmail for my email, and using aircard for internet connection and using internet explorer. When I try to download an attachment I cannot find it where it was supposedly saved to. When I try to find it from recent downloads, it says shortcut not found. If I try to open a pdf file directly it will show that it is saving the attachment in a...
June 11th 08 01:10 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 316
vistupid and other vistawords by Clear Windows
vistarrhea: Suffering from a watered down Vista experience. The only cure is the new build that will come out the following week. vistamateur: A vista newbie vistanoid: robot running vista vistallergy: Allergy to Vista antiVistamine: for those who are allergic to vista
June 11th 08 12:58 PM
by Clear Windows Go to last post
0 361
EXCEL 2000 AND WINDOWS VISTA by Lindsay Graham
I'm finding that cell formatting (eg, dates) will no longer work in Excel 2000. Whether it is an existing spreadsheet or a new one, cell formatting does not work, and all dates entered are treated as text. This applies whether the cell formatting is done before or after the date is entered. It does appear to be a Vista/Excel 2000 conflict of some sort as it did not happen until after I got...
June 11th 08 12:57 PM
by Gary H. Go to last post
5 348
Read Chinese Without Knowing Chinese – A complete guide to Computer-aided Chinese Reading by JimPro
It takes Chinese children 3 to 6 years to learn to read Chinese, but you can match them in the time it takes you to finish this book. There are practical ways for you to read Chinese without knowing or learning the language. Let this book show you how. Using the techniques described in this book, you can read not only electronic text from websites and e-mails, but printed materials such as...
June 11th 08 11:53 AM
by JimPro Go to last post
0 338
Very urgent laptop problem by smh
Hi everyone. My laptop started freezing up some times lately, but yesterday I turned it on and got the Blue Screen. Now, whenever I turn it on, it boots directly into Safe Mode. Problem is, at the login screen it will NOT recognize my keyboard or mouse, making it impossible for me to login. I have confirmed that my mouse and keyboard are fine because they work when I launch the boot menu. I...
June 11th 08 11:26 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
5 366
Very strange UAC problem by Mary
If I run Vista Home Premium with UAC turned on, my drop down menus on IE7 (favorites, tools etc) don't work. If I turn UAC off they work fine. I have recently added SP1 and no change. What on earth could be causing this? I have to run with UAC off.
June 11th 08 11:09 AM
by Respawns Go to last post
2 344
SC.EXE, How To Add A Service Please! Cant Print Coursework! by Respawns
~~THE STORY OF THE PROBLEM~~ I have coursework due in tomorrow and i havent used my printer in a while. I've installed a new OS since i've last used it, and assumed it wasn't working because I hadn't installed the software from the CD it came with. Anyway after ages of searching in my loft i find the disk, try to install and it's telling me NTPrint & Print Spooler services are unavailable,...
June 11th 08 11:08 AM
by Respawns Go to last post
6 406
tabs by jerry
The tabs open at the bottom of the screen, how do I change the location to the top of the screen? -- jerry
June 11th 08 10:57 AM
by Andrew Murray[_5_] Go to last post
8 441
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 installation. by Doofy
Hey there! When I tried to install Vista Service Pack 1, it gave me an internal error. I went to the web link provided there, and done all the necessary steps except Windows Update. The computer I want to install service pack 1 onto, is not connected to the internet. So I downloaded the full service pack,and tried to install it there, but now it seems that it needs additional updates from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 11th 08 10:48 AM
by Doofy Go to last post
10 612
Download in Vista by talal
Hi Why i can't download more than 4 files at time?? is there any thing i can do to increase that number?? I use Vista 32, with paid proxy. Thanks :) -- talal
June 11th 08 10:37 AM
by talal Go to last post
1 292
Proxy Server by joshua siew
Dear all, Does Vista have Proxy Server installed? or is it an add-on? if no whats the best free Proxy Server for Vista in the market now ? Regards, Joshua Siew
June 11th 08 10:00 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 311
.chm bug "Page cannot be displayed" by Philipp Roos
Hi, --- Problem I had the problem that some of my .chm help files didn't work and the viewer displayed a error like "This program cannot display the webpage" (german:"Dieses Programm kann die Webseite nicht anzeigen.") Strangely enough some other files worked fine. --- Trying
June 11th 08 09:58 AM
by Pete Lees Go to last post
1 381
RAM Upgrade gone wrong? by [email protected]
Good Afternoon: I recently upgraded my Dell Inspire 6400 laptop (with Vista Business) to 2GB of RAM. This is the correct type of ram for this system and everything checked out in the BIOS as well as Windows itself. I have run a memory test as well. What has happened since I installed the new RAM: 1. Superfetch started crashing on boot
June 11th 08 09:24 AM
by Not Me Go to last post
1 300
cant delete history by brandiseven77
: s a r c : o k i t h i n k m y b o y f r i e n d d i d s o m e t h i n g t o m y c o m p u t e r . i c a n t d e l e t e t h e h i s t o r y o n m y c o m p u t e r l i k e a l l t h e s i t e s i v e b e e n t o , i c a n d o i t i f i d e l e t e i t a l l t o g e t h e r u n d e r t o o l s t h e n d e l e t e i t ...
June 11th 08 09:05 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
3 306
Jet 3.5 by ingigi
I use a program developed under Visual C++ 6.0 working with database engine Jet 3.5 (3.51.3328.0). When installed under Vista OS, I occasionally found that new data entered in database are subsequently lost. Can anyone help me? Thanks
June 11th 08 09:03 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 322
CHAPTER 13 BANKRUPTCY by MERLIN
******************************************* http://chapter13bankruptcy1.blogspot.com
June 11th 08 09:00 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
1 339
Home premium system backup? by Sven Pran
My Vista Home premium doesn't offer Complete PC backup, and in any case I am not so sure I miss that facility?. What I want is some means to create a CD or DVD from which I can boot my machine and in case I need it reinstall my Vista with all upgrades that were applied at the time I made that backup. If that backup includes all my installed programs at the time so much the better, but backup...
June 11th 08 08:23 AM
by Sven Pran Go to last post
8 491
Windows Remote Assistance Connections by John Monahan
When I try to hookup (an e-mail received) "Remote Invitation" (.msrcIncident) from my Vista (Business) to my Vista (Home Premium) machine (from where the invitation originated) it is not received. The Business Vista machine accepts the correct password but I do not even get a dialog on the Home Vista box asking for permission to let somebody access the system. I get a dialog "Remote...
June 11th 08 07:36 AM
by John Monahan Go to last post
9 533
64bit Edition Questions by Chevron Boyde
Hi All I am currently running Vista 32bt Ultimate Edition and thinking about upgrading to the 64bit edition as I need the additional RAM and some other issues. How will all my 32bit Apps & Games run on 64bit? Will there be any issues? Thanks,
June 11th 08 07:33 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post

From The