Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
I can be everybody at once if I want by Adam, Alias, Frank, Bill, and Spanky
It is amazing. Just by changing one field, I can be everyone and post crap as everyone at the same time. Just think how many of the real idiots will post because they will think I am them.
June 10th 08 12:59 PM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
4 296
CTRL+C by Nick[_5_]
Hey there, Ever since I've had vista, CTRL+C routinely fails, and I'm not just imagining this. I don't get it happen once in XP, but in Vista it happens several times a day and is extremely frustrating. The only solution, do it again... "Do it twice incase it didn't work the first time" Any idea what could cause this? Apart from Vista being a steaming pile
June 10th 08 12:56 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
7 371
Recent Items History by solon fox
Hi, I noticed yesterday that for reasons unknown that the 'Recent Items' on the Start menu were no longer updating. My Recent Items were old. However, recent files in Office were being updated. I found in the properties of Start that 'Store and display a list of recently opened files' was checked. I tried toggling this off/on to no effect. Recent Items were still not updating.
June 10th 08 12:22 PM
by solon fox Go to last post
2 339
Screensaver in Vista by skeletor879
Hi, Have just purchased a new pc with vsita pre-installed. am using wireless mouse and km (logitech), but the screen saver will not activate. have read in other posts, about patches to fix etc, but auto update can't find the patch. can anyone help? it's starting to get VERY annoying.
June 10th 08 11:40 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 335
DVD Drive problem by Ed\(NY\)
When I insert a CD or DVD into one of my two drives, it will play but I can't get it to eject. The physical drive button doesn't do it, and if I right click on the drive letter and try "eject" I get an error message. The only way is to physically insert something in the hole, or reboot. Any thoughts?
June 10th 08 09:26 AM
by Lisa[_8_] Go to last post
2 326
How to find out what's keeping my system from hibernating? by [email protected]
Hi, Everytime I try to put my desktop into hibernation, the harddisk starts working, monitor shuts down, but then the system just hangs. It doesn't turn off. How can I find out what device/driver/service etc. is keeping my system from completing its hibernation? Thanks..
June 10th 08 09:20 AM
by Lisa[_8_] Go to last post
1 356
smaller system rray icons-how? by 000123000
I am using a thin taskbar mod, so the big icons in the system tray look out of place could someone direct me to a solution, how would i make them smaller??? -- 000123000
June 10th 08 09:16 AM
by Brink Go to last post
1 278
Message on start up by shelleyann87
Everytime i turn the laptop on this message pops up twice Could not load or run 'C:\Windows\System32\gefdat\services.exe' specified in the registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry. I have used several registry cleaners but it still pops up and when i try and find the folder to delete it its not there. Any help will be muchly...
June 10th 08 09:02 AM
by Nonny Go to last post
7 433
Pinnacle Ultimate Stick, Media Center, Mexico, Unsopported region. by stuka
Im using a Pinnacle Ultimate stick witch work with just about every PCTV application that are compatible with Vista. Ive been trying to get the tv to work with media center just to see what application works best but media center tell me that my pctv is not compatible with my region which is Mexico. It was already working but i just restored my laptop and from scratch I cant make it work...
June 10th 08 07:03 AM
by stuka Go to last post
0 339
Japanese website and translation by Rikster
I am on a website that I was able to translate into English. However, one area requires me to write my name in Hiragana. I was able to find out how to translate my name by using a translation website but the problem is I cannot cut and paste it into the required areas. So I'm wondering is there a way that I can type Japanese?
June 10th 08 05:18 AM
by Rikster Go to last post
0 300
OK Boys, I'm done for tonight. by Spanky deMonkey
It was real, and it was nice, but it wasn't real nice. Same time, same place, tomorrow?
June 10th 08 05:14 AM
by Linux1 Go to last post
2 271
MORTGAGE SOFTWARE by MERLIN
http://geocities.com/fixedratecreditcard http://geocities.com/mortgagesoftware1 http://geocities.com/hostingmanagedweb http://geocities.com/compareonlinetrading http://geocities.com/helpdesksoftware
June 10th 08 05:00 AM
by MERLIN Go to last post
0 351
Just Blows my Mind. by Spanky deMonkey[_10_]
There have been about 4 or 5 posts by the retard Adam Albright and his sidekick DanS. They found out that I used the name "Spanky deMonkey" and "kevpan815". You would think these two clowns got the correct 6 numbers on a Lotto ticket. They are so proud of themselves. Imagine, users on the Internet changing their names? I'll bet I'm the first one to do that. These guys will probably...
June 10th 08 03:47 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
1 315
Just Blows my Mind. by Mick Murphy
That's something you are lacking; a mind! -- Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia "unknown" wrote:
June 10th 08 03:44 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
0 280
3D flip (quick Launch) problem by jdm
Hi My 3D flip used to give me a nice 3D display of all pages that I minimise when I clicked on it. Now when I click on it all I get is a block with the various pages icons ie internet explorer etc. How do I restore it to its original display. Thanks for any help jdm
June 10th 08 03:30 AM
by Lionel Go to last post
4 304
Blank Pictures by Verizon
Hello, I have Vista 6.0 (Build 6001; service pack 1) I'm also running Norton Internet Security When I go to a website like MySpace most of the pictures are blank and have x's in them. Also if I click on a link before the page finishes loading I get a small icon on the lower left side of with a yellow error flag.
June 10th 08 03:22 AM
by Phobia Go to last post
4 310
product key by edward
hi i just got windows vista since i had a bigger hard drive installed it keeps asking for product key .can you adivse me on what to do..thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to...
June 10th 08 02:19 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 367
Windows Logon Screen by Keithline
I have been reading Haking Windows Vista by Steve Scinchak- early inhis book he teaches how to change the logon screen so that you it requires you enter a user name and a password on the logon screen. I followed his instructions and learned that since I have home Prem. and not business or ult. I do not have access to "secpol.msc" which allows me to make the change. Do I have to pay the...
June 10th 08 01:59 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
2 337
rdbss.sys by Phil Hoskins
I am running on Vista Home Premium, SP1 It is an Acer 5610z I closed the lid but the system did not sleep and when i opened it again I had to hard reboot. Now I am getting repeated BSOD and as far as I can tell it is connected with rdbss.sys This is the message upon reboot:
June 10th 08 01:50 AM
by Phil Hoskins Go to last post
0 370
Vista Premium: Backup doesn't work by Lou
When I try to use the backup and restore program from control panel to create a file backp on my external hard drive, the backup fails. I get the following error message: "Backup did not complete successfully. File backup could not start for the following reason: Access is denied. (0x80070005). I am running Norton Internet Security 2008. I have turned off the windows firewall and stopped the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 10th 08 01:39 AM
by AmyZ Go to last post

From The