Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
DVD Shrink by Jassi
I have DVD Shrink installed on XP. It works fine, but when I installed it on Vista, it wouldn't work; it would come up with an error when it started burnung the DVD.. It still comes up with an error when I use backwards compatibility. What's up with that?
June 9th 08 06:28 PM
by PTravel Go to last post
4 376
What's the Difference between Talking to a Wall and Talking to anMS Fanboy? by Alias[_15_]
The wall doesn't spew back lies, insults, profanity, weird sexual fantasies and bluster. Alias
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 9th 08 05:26 PM
by Alias[_15_] Go to last post
14 571
message that shows up by stu gotzo[_2_]
The module "sendmail.dll" was loaded but the entry point DllRegisterServer was not found. Make sure that "sendmaill.dll' is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.
June 9th 08 04:58 PM
by Ramesh Srinivasan Go to last post
8 396
reliability monitor by pacca
my reliability monitor seems to be stuck on 6/6/08,it doesn't seem to move to the current date??
June 9th 08 04:45 PM
by Joaneee Go to last post
1 318
What's really wrong with Fanboys by Adam Albright
Ever noticed how defensive a little but noisy clique is of Microsoft? There's a name for this odd behavior even. It's called the Stockholm Syndrome. OK, that might be a stretch, but then again maybe not. This syndrome develops when you are in a controlling and abusive relationship. In time you not only accept being abused, but actually defend the abuser. In psychology, which I happen to know a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 9th 08 04:31 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
22 806
Vista freeze by Jacques
Once in a while, Vista freeze. I can move the mouse but nothing reply to my clics and there is an hourglass. I don't know how to troubleshoot that. Can you help?
June 9th 08 04:16 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post
7 447
Free cell by BertP[_2_]
Hi, A close friend purchased a new PC with vista with the game FreeCell. It is different from the FreeCell she is used to in an XP PC. I have tried to move the old free cell files from my XP PC to the vista PC to no avail. Is there any way to obtain a copy of the old exact FreeCell that will capable of being installed in a vista PC. Thanks for any idea.
June 9th 08 04:16 PM
by Eric Post Go to last post
7 383
USB thumb drives & Vista by Annie Woughman
I have noticed that even after being told it is "safe to remove hardware" the light on the thumb drive doesn't go off and the next time I put it into the USB drive of my Vista machine, it always says that the drive needs to be scanned and fixed. If it was just one thumb drive, I would think it was the drive, but I get this with all of them, I have three Dane Elec drives, two Sony, a Memorex...
June 9th 08 04:04 PM
by solon fox Go to last post
6 390
Network and Sharing Center Tool Bar by Don Klokkenga
We have two labtops with Vista Home Premium on our home network. In the Network and Sharing Center (Control Panel Network and Internet Network and Sharing Center) there is a tool bar just below the address bar at the top of the window. The second laptop does not display the tool bar. Does anyone know how to change this option? This changes the way we must access the Add Network Place...
June 9th 08 03:33 PM
by BurrWalnut Go to last post
3 300
Vista laptop has arrow and black screen during boot by Vistarocks
When I try to boot my Vista laptop, it boots fine until after the green scrolling bar completes. Then, it goes to a black screen, then a darker shade, then a lighter shade of black. Then, an arrow appears. Nothing happens afterward. The screensaver will come on after a while. System restore doesn't fix it. What could I do or what could be the cause? Thanks for any help!!!
June 9th 08 03:20 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
7 399
Vista backup full vs incremental by Rockford Lhotka
Hi, I have been using Vista backup (Vista Ultimate) for a couple months now. The first month all was well. It did a full backup, then incrementals each night. This is to an external 750 gig USB drive. Around day 35 backup failed because it over-filled the target drive. I was surprised on two counts. First, it didn't do a full backup at the one-month mark. Second, it didn't detect ahead of...
June 9th 08 03:04 PM
by Rockford Lhotka Go to last post
0 300
Windows Mail and Display Text Size? by Ross M. Greenberg
I'm looking for an option that would allow my Windows Mail under Vista Ultimate to give me much larger text: although I have selected the largest text size as my default in some mail messages it's still too small. Is there a method of simply setting the default display size in points? Thanks. Ross
June 9th 08 03:04 PM
by Ross M. Greenberg Go to last post
1 276
Backward compatibility by Larry Goldman
My Photoshop ver 7 would not install to Vista. Are there any existing Window programs that will install in Vista?
June 9th 08 02:50 PM
by Kurt Herman Go to last post
7 350
I cannot browse to a certain website with Windows Vista Home Premi by Youngandhopeful
Hello, I 've always used windows Home Premium Privately to browse ww.migente.com and www.blackplanet.com that has since changed 14 days ago now. I am denied access to these two websites at Home but surprinsingly able to browse them with my Laptop at work. I've flushed my DNS, Deleted all Cookies and Temporal Internet Files but to no availability of browsing both sites.. What could this be...
June 9th 08 02:33 PM
by solon fox Go to last post
6 326
Can Vista Premium run an FTP service? by JethroUK©
Can Vista Premium run an FTP service - Help says Vista Home doesn't which suggest Premium does?
June 9th 08 02:02 PM
by Tim Slattery Go to last post
2 303
Novice needs help by GRITSandSLUTS
If you are a computer savvy person w/no patience...log off now! If you are willing to help...post! I have a computer Inspiron 531 w/Microsoft Office (Business) VISTA; trying to learn, but all on my own. Sync? Is that something that would allow me to enter a 'contact' and have it appear in all 3 email programs or will I have to type them in individually into each? $1200 is a 'big'...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 9th 08 02:01 PM
by measekite Go to last post
15 754
memory by bigchris2
i wanted to know if you can clear your physical memory ?
June 9th 08 01:52 PM
by Tim Slattery Go to last post
8 501
All Search Gadget - can't click links by CK
Hello All, I probably have to do something very simple but I just can't work it out - maybe someone out there can help? I have installed the all search gadget and the FTSE share watch, however, when I do a search I get a static page that I can't navigate or click links on. Same when I try to add stock qoute on the FTSE gadget??? Can anyone help please?
June 9th 08 01:45 PM
by Mark L. Ferguson Go to last post
1 366
How to install shortcuts, start menu items, etc for all user accounts ? by Tuttle
Hello all: I apologize if I have overlooked some obvious source for this information. I have Googled and searched newsgroups and read articles, and while I have learned a lot about Vista I am no wiser on some basic things. I am brand new to Vista. I am setting up a Vista Home Premium laptop for a friend. I created a standard user account for him, but I am using the administrator account myself...
June 9th 08 01:32 PM
by Tuttle Go to last post
7 452
Error 0x80070032 - Restore point creation by RedZedSmee
Help!!! I keep getting this error code appear when I try to create a system restore point. It only started after installing Vista SP1. I have tried one posted solution that fixed a known registry error from the link below but it has not worked. http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/242/1/Error-0x80070032-when-creating-a-System-Restore-point-in-Windows-Vista.html Are there any other solutions...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 9th 08 01:21 PM
by Ramesh Srinivasan Go to last post

From The