Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Bluetooth and WiFi 2.4ghz interferring by Dag Magnus
So.. I have Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000 and D-Link DIR-655 (along with JensenScandinavia's N-Network USB-Stick. I will soon get a D-Link DWA-556 tho (N-Network PCI-E Adapter) just for having the same brand so I'm all 100% safe. Anyhow, it seems like my Bluetooth (Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000) and my WiFi is interferring with eachother, and I cant seem to...
June 8th 08 10:34 PM
by Mark L. Ferguson Go to last post
1 362
Deleting messages by Denise[_4_]
Can someone tell me how to delete messages from the newsgroup thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 8th 08 10:28 PM
by gordo Go to last post
14 588
Computer Data Recovery by Winder
Computer Data Recovery Help 24/7 Data recovering tools and services is our focus. We will recover your data in a cost effective and efficient manner. We recover all operating systems and media. Call for a free consultation. http://a.uuload.com/Computer-Data-Recovery.htm LiveVault's Online Recovery Service Protect vital data with LiveVault's offsite backup and data...
June 8th 08 10:18 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post
2 423
email attachments by dave
I am using a Acer Aspire laptop and using aol webmail for my email. I am not able to open or save attachments from my email. a window will open up and ask to save or open, but when I click open it will save as if it is going to open the attachment but never shows the attachment. when I "save as" an attachment it supposedly sends it to my computer, but I can never find the file. If I go to...
June 8th 08 09:54 PM
by Charles W Davis Go to last post
2 347
Restore Points by M.Butzin[_2_]
Hello All, My Windows Vista Home edition will not create a restore point, HP Pavilion laptop. Cheers, Marc B
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 8th 08 09:48 PM
by M.Butzin[_2_] Go to last post
10 636
Administrator by housetrained
How can I make IE always run as administrator? If not I can't print from it. Can from XP with same AVG8 & ZA. -- John the West Ham fan C.E.T.
June 8th 08 09:26 PM
by housetrained Go to last post
7 393
can't delete files in trash by Nance
For some reason, I have two files with the same name in my trash can. This is preventing me from emptying the trash because I get an error message that says that the program associated with the files is in use. I have checked and this is not the case. I tried renaming one of the files and I can't. I tried deleting them individually and dragging one or both out of the trash onto the desktop...
June 8th 08 09:12 PM
by Brink Go to last post
2 334
nvidia adapter controls vanished by [email protected]
Hi, I just upgraded a dell inspiron 8600 with nvidia geforce fx go5200 adapter. I am trying to locate all of the the nice graphics adapter controls that were available when the laptop ran XP. Those controls seem to have vanished. In particular I want to clone the output to the s-video port so I can watch movies on the TV. Are the controls gone or have they been relocated?
June 8th 08 09:07 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 331
Screen Saver Issues by Louis126
It seems that, since downloading SP1, my screen saver is not coming on like it used to. I have already checked and double-checked to make sure that it is still set up to come on, and it is. Has anyone else noticed this problem since downloading SP1. It may not have anything to do with SP1, but I just thought I'd ask if anyone here has ever had this issue. Thanks!
June 8th 08 08:47 PM
by Charlie42[_2_] Go to last post
3 360
Rundll32 by denmarfl
OS Vista 32it; SP1. Using a Movie editing software....when I attempt to open the Folder were this software Renders the Data to a Movie and then burns it to a Disc...I get "Windows Hosts Process (Rundll32) has stopped working. I then get another window that reads, Windows will close the process and look for a cause....that is followed yet by another Window which restarts Windows Explorer is...
June 8th 08 08:42 PM
by Dzomlija Go to last post
1 335
Error 1706 by MssYone
When I restart my computer I have an Error 1706 come up that reads : Error 1706 No valid source could be found for product SFR. The windows installer cannot continue. Does anyone know anything about this? Please help. This is most annoying.
June 8th 08 08:29 PM
by Mark L. Ferguson Go to last post
1 332
check security by glibgib
my son has been om the computer, i need to find out what sites he has been visiting, is there another way to check besides history and how.
June 8th 08 08:17 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
1 318
[News] Another School Turns to Free Software by Canuck57
"Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in message ... On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 14:19:34 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote: | John Nash, network manager and head of ICT for SIA, said: "This academic | year, rather than using proprietary software, what we've done is be slightly | different and use things like the GIMP (GNU Image...
June 8th 08 08:10 PM
by Vince[_4_] Go to last post
5 331
[News] ZDNet Contributor Exceptionally Happy with PCLinuxOS 2008, Dumps Vista by Moshe Goldfarb.
On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 11:59:53 -0400, DFS wrote: Roy Schestowitz wrote: The only thing I regret is that I had to pay for VISTA, and it counts as a sale for Microsoft. I wonder what the actual figures are for VISTA usage, and how many people have done what I did, and upgrade to Linux? `----
June 8th 08 06:50 PM
by Moshe Goldfarb. Go to last post
0 434
Hidden user account information by Firefly
Help! I have three user accounts (one is the Admin one). A second is for my husband. But I seem to have acquired a Guest user account (may have done this accidentally?). Anyhow, my antivirus keeps telling me that this Guest account has a weak password. I want to change the password so followed the steps to get into this user account but find that the only option open to me is to turn it on (it...
June 8th 08 06:40 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
2 312
Spotlighting Vista Retards - new site by [email protected]
There is a new site called www.vistaretards.com. This site will spotlight major retards who post to the vista forums. Right now we are spotlighting Adam Albright, but over the next few days and weeks, the site will change so you can add stupid and moronic comments about any Retard who posts garbage here. Right now there are only a few comments out there. This is going to be a learning and...
June 8th 08 06:37 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
7 400
What's really wrong with mr drunken pig...! by Adam Albright
On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 19:24:39 +0200, Alias wrote: What is it with the MS fanboys and sheep? Sheep are traditionally seen as docile, low intelligent, heard animals. That fits with fanboys. We all know they're sure dumb, their bark is worse then their bite and they all think alike... willingly and easily being brainwashed following the pied piper Ballmer off...
June 8th 08 06:18 PM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
0 307
setting the association in control panel by Alex
hey, a family member send me an e-mail with an attachment but when i try to open it to view it it comes an error message of, THIS FILE DOES NOT HAVE A PROGRAM ASSOCIATED WITH IT FOR PERFORMING THIS ACTION. CREATE AN ASSOCIATION IN THE SET ASSOCIATIONS CONTROL PANEL. My question is how I do that?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 8th 08 05:49 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
11 479
Line drawing function calls in Windows??? by Zilla[_3_]
I want to dab in graphics programming by writing C++ programs that draw certain shapes, based on (x,y) coordinates. Can anyone point me to the Windows i/f that I can call to do this?
June 8th 08 05:47 PM
by Zilla[_3_] Go to last post
1 312
SP1 still not showing up on Windows Update by TheGuy[_3_]
Is this common? I have a standard Dell computer so it's not like I have some oddball hardware that's not supported as yet (presumably).
June 8th 08 05:47 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post

From The