  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Can't dual boot back to xp need help by xp-vista-xp
you guys keeep saying use partition magic 8 to make your partitions then laod vista my experience with partition magic is vista will not let it run propely saying the whole partition is "bad" and can only do one thing-delete! yet if i then load xp from a disk it sees the 3 partitions that are there and I can put in onto the second partition (vista on first) and xp will now work and I can see...
February 1st 08 05:49 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
1 93
Hiteck wheel pad usb Device not recognized by [email protected]
when i m using windows vista then Hiteck Wheel Pad not work. showing this message " USB Device Not Recognized, One of the usb devices attached to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it. for assistance in solving this problem, click this message" when i click it showing me no driver is found. but there have not need any tyoes of driver because when i use it in windows...
November 22nd 07 02:56 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 93
Linksys PCMCIA card part numbber PCM200HA by Jim Brown[_2_]
Does anyone have the subject card working on a notebook with Windows Vista Home Premium? Thank you, Jim
November 28th 07 04:04 PM
by Jim Brown[_2_] Go to last post
0 93
Driver download for printer by rjw
I just bought a new dell laptop that comes with vista. It is not compatible with my epson cx4800 printer although I did find a driver for it. My question is should I download the printer cd onto the laptop 1st and then download the driver or download the driver 1st and printer cd 2nd? or doesn't it matter? thanks
November 29th 07 01:23 AM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
1 93
Configuring Ergonomic 7000 keyboard with Intellitype Pro by Andyl
1. How to I configure one of the favourite keys to the sleep function? 2. How do I configure one on the favourite keys to either the "Next track" or "previous track" command? I can configure other keys such as mail to do this, but then I loose their original functionality, but there is no option apparent to configure a favourite key to one of the "command" functions. I am using the latest...
November 30th 07 03:28 PM
by Andyl Go to last post
0 93
Processor Number by Fernando
I've bought a new computer with an Intel Core 2 Quad, but the welcome center and in the device manager don't show me the Processor number. I've seen another computers whit the same processor and it displays the processor numbers, in this case is "Q6600". What can I do so that these programs show me the processor Number?
December 5th 07 12:15 AM
by Fernando Go to last post
0 93
usb not recognized by Polina
"Usb device not recognized" message , it was alright before what do I do? ----------------------- thanks
December 9th 07 04:03 PM
by Polina Go to last post
0 93
Adjusting volume with FN key &up/down arrows by Shakey
I hope this is the correct group. I did a search and could not find what I was looking for. I used to be able to adjust the volume on my laptop speakers with the FN and up/down arrows, but now I can't. I tried to figure out how to configure the buttons, but I don't want to screw anything else up. Help please.
December 29th 07 08:22 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
7 93
No D Drive by Helen_07
Since getting new computer it has no D drive, wont play anything in d drive even though the light comes on. In my computer i only have master C, nothing else. I have previously tried to fix it by following other solutions on here, has worked once then when i turn the computer back on it goes. Can anybody advise. Thanks
January 4th 08 03:08 PM
by Helen_07 Go to last post
0 93
S.M.A.R.T. dont work on Vista by Adam Szewczak
Hello. On my Vista Home Premium i think that smart doesnt work. HDD Temp take info that there is no SMART drive :/ PC Wizard doest wark at all. Hmm is there any help, info, update ? Thanks
November 7th 07 06:54 PM
by Darkwunder Go to last post
2 93
restore downloads by marco pizarro
I need a download for window 98SE to restore my computer
October 23rd 07 09:59 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 93
Bluetooth puzzle by Jono1
I'm having an odd problem with my Bluetooth USB adapter (It's a Comsol BT-302). It took me a long time to get this thing working with Vista (Home Premium), involving a lengthy and frustrating search for a compatible driver. But once I did get it working, it worked well for 2-3 months. Not any more though. I plugged it in one day to find that although it is recognised quite happily in the...
September 21st 07 05:18 AM
by Peter Go to last post
1 93
Unknown Device by d4nguy
I just upgraded my AMD 3700 to an Opteron 185 on my EVGA motherboard. Everything works great except I keep getting the "Found New Hardware" prompt on every reboot. There are not any unknown devices or conflicts in the device manager. Everything on my computer runs fine as far as I can tell. I tried installing the latest motherboard drivers but they were made for XP and when I install...
September 22nd 07 12:16 AM
by d4nguy Go to last post
0 93
Vista and SATA HDD drives by elgar22
I've been reading with interest (or is it desperation?) the many posts on SATA drives and Vista. I had XP installed on a new SATA drive, with a second SATA which was for backing up and storing multimedia files. I added Vista on my old IDE drive in a dual boot setup. XP sees the drives fine and so did Vista until suddenly, Vista has stopped seeing them. I couldn't figure a change that...
October 8th 07 04:33 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
4 93
New Hard Drives by MikeyC
Hi Folks, I'm a noob here and have a problem with hard drives. I installed 2 identical drives yesterday and after a LOT of messing about (reinstalling OS) finally got one of them the show in Windows. They are bothe SATA2 500GB disks. They both show in the BIOS and in the device manager but one shows as unknown, presumably as it hasn't been formatted yet. I've been tearing my hair out...
October 14th 07 07:40 AM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 93
Lexmark X2480 by Rebecca
I might be having the same problem as Epson DX4000 below. But my computer isn't new. I let some idiots install Vista and they couldn't get the printers to install. They said that I would have to buy a new printer, but my Lexmark X2480 has a Vista driver available on the Lexmark site. I downloaded it - I checked and it and my Vista are both 32-bit - and still can't get a peep out of the...
October 21st 07 10:50 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
6 93
C Drive Memory by jereko73
I just had a computer built w/ Vista Home Premium. After loading my music, pictures and other files from my other computer it says that I am using 80 GB of memory. I only loaded just over 30 GB of files. What happened to the other 50 or so GB? I looked through all the files to make sure there were not double copies, etc. and looked at program files and all users files. Nowhere do I see files...
October 22nd 07 12:20 AM
by jereko73 Go to last post
4 93
hp laserjet 4 plus will not print with Win Vista by fredscomprepair
I did what the driver download page said to do. Plugged it in and go to Add A printer. It added OK, but now it prints out a bunch of jebberish. I tried to use a XP driver but all it would do is keep puching out blank pages and it would not stop printing blank pages? Can anyone help.........
October 22nd 07 06:02 PM
by Choogster[_23_] Go to last post
1 93
IDE Controller Not being accessed by Avimage
Hi there. I have just got ahold of Vista and a whole new comp. Anyways, everything works fine aside for one minor problem. On my mainboard I only have 1 IDE channel, and unfortunately I need 2 channels, so I got ahold of a pci controller. However Vista does not seem to recognize the HD on the controller, even though my BIOS does. Is there a way to work around this so it recognizes the HD?
March 15th 07 07:14 PM
by pete Go to last post
3 94
Toshiba Bluetooth Stack license by Loup407
I have a Sony Vaio SZ270P. I upgraded to Vista (not a clean install) and generally had no problem. However, even after running the Sony-supplied new drivers for Bluetooth, I only got a 30 day "trial" , which has expired. Even after deleting all BT drivers and re-installing I get a message saying my trial expired and I should acquire a license from Toshiba. I get no help from Toshiba....any...
March 15th 07 04:43 PM
by Loup407 Go to last post

From The