  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
40 GBs of hard disk space gone by John Morris
My computer , a Sony Vaio, running windows vista , has a 105 GB harddisk, even taking into account the whole 1000mb=1Gb v.s. 1024mb=1Gb issue, since i am missing 40Gbs, that i cannot find, look at, or delete. I open up the hardrive, highlight all the sub folders, and look at the properties, the total GB count comes up as 65GB, but then I go to the computer as a whole, and it shows the disk...
December 16th 07 04:09 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 81
40GB Disappeared by Guilherme
Hello, I have a very strange problem! I have a lenovo T60 laptop, with windows vista business and also a partition for Linux. My harddisk has 120GB and I left 85.2GB for windows (partition C) .. However, my free disk area was getting smaller without installing softwares or saving personal data. I initially thought this was windows updates or the system restore disk. So I made it very small, and...
February 29th 08 03:06 PM
by Guilherme Go to last post
8 126
4gb and vista Ultimate 32bit by Rob
I know that Vista 32 will not REPORT 4gb of ram , as a matter of fact it will most likely report 2.8gb out of 4 with my system. BUT one thing I cannot find about this issue , is ALL 4gb being used? And I do have 3gb of ram BUT my system only show 2.8gb , is this all I can ever see? and is MY FULL 3gb being used even though its not being seen? Thanks for any info.
May 19th 07 09:20 AM
by Conor Go to last post
8 103
4gb memory with vista ultimate by Jon Pope[_2_]
I AM IN HEAVEN MY SYSTEM SEES ALL OF IT on the 32BIT OS
April 1st 08 11:56 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
5 113
4Gb Micro SDHC by Val[_4_]
When I put my SDHC card into the removeable drive it does not recognize it. I have gone to my Devices - Disk Management everywhere and it says all drivers are up to date. Can anyone help me with this?
February 13th 09 11:36 AM
by ewastudent Go to last post
2 85
4GB of ram by Waldosr
I just installed an extra 2GB of RAM in my PC bringing the total to 4GB. My BIOS is picking up the 4GB of RAM but vista says that I only have 3GB installed. Any suggestions. I thought Vista supported up to 4GB
March 7th 07 05:23 AM
by Steve Jain Go to last post
9 103
4GB or 3GB physical memory for 32 bit wondows vista by JC
I have 4GB of physical RAM, windows vista shows only 3326MB. Does it really help with performance if I have 4GB or should I just install 3GB memory? I just bought the additional 2GB memory (had 2GB before) and wondering if I should exchange for a 1GB one. Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 23rd 08 06:58 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
26 537
4GB Ram Installed / Total Physical Ram = 2.75GB? by Impulse
OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer NVIDIA System Model NFORCE 780i SLI System Type x64-based PC Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz, 2500 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4...
July 15th 08 09:21 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
4 93
4Gb RAM, 32bit Vista by LL
After installing SP1 on Vista, the system properties report that I have 4Gb RAM installed, which is true. However it seems that from the Task Manager, it only can handle up to 3 Gb RAM. So is the other 1Gb wasted? Or is it actually in use for other invisible purposes?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 26th 08 04:21 PM
by IkidUnot Go to last post
21 408
4GB RAM??? by mtogni
I have a brand new pc with Vista Pro and 4Gb of RAM DDR800 on board. BIOS correctly recognizes the right amount of memory but Windows don't. It reports only 3,5 RAM. Am I missing something or it's a O.S. limit? Thanks in advance. Michelangelo Togni
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 4th 07 09:15 PM
by Jeff Go to last post
17 214
4GB Vista 64, Memory Remapping for ASUS A8AE-LE ASUS Motherboard? by Rod
I understand to utilitze all 4GB memory remapping needs to be enabled within the bios. My motherboard does not have this option. Has anyone upgraded the bios in ASUS A8AE-LE Motherboard to do so? Any ideas? Thanks, Rod
June 23rd 07 11:01 PM
by freddy Go to last post
3 74
5 in 1 card reader by stormchaser77
hi i have a 5 in one card reader on my aacer aspire 3680 laptop. A virus got into my compter and crashed it. almost all my features were removed. the dvd decoder and the built in card reader stopped working. does anybody know how i can fix that. im have a hard time getting any answers from the accer website?
February 4th 08 04:57 AM
by Ashton Crusher[_2_] Go to last post
1 114
5.1 External Sound Card - Vista Problem by Ian Clark
Hi all, I'm not sure if you are aware but Vista comes with a new Sound control panel, which allows you to configure the device based on what it is. My current system is that I have a laptop with only a headphone socket (2.1 sound). I have previously bought an external sound card for Windows XP Media Edition, and that worked to convert the sound into 5.1 sound. The new Vista configure...
December 4th 07 08:21 PM
by Ian Clark Go to last post
2 78
5.1 Sound in Vista. Yes! Finally by Mick
5.1 Sound in Vista RC1 build 5600. Yes! Finally! High Definition Onboard Audio: SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio. Audio heaven. Dell XPS/9150 dual core. I have a complete total package using all kinds of DVD burning software. The sole exception is Google Earth. Dang!
October 14th 06 12:07 AM
by CM745 Go to last post
5 93
5.1 Soundcard Vista Ultimate x64 by Pete
I had a Soundblaster Live 5.1 Card which I had to throw due to unsupported drivers. I have a new motherboard now. Asus M2A-MVP saying it fully supports Vista. I have the latest 64bit drivers installed for the High Definition Audio Device from Realtek and I'm having problems with my rear speakers. Tests on the RealTek software produce sound to all speakers correctly, but using the...
March 22nd 07 02:55 PM
by George Go to last post
1 53
5.1 speaker by locomon
i bought logitech 5.1 speakers why???? i have no options on my vista ultmate too change it from 2 channel too 5.1 i have hp dc7700 dd 3.40 realtek high def.audio whats up with that!!!!! help please somebody
July 22nd 07 06:11 AM
by the highlander Go to last post
1 72
5.1 speakers on laptop (toshiba satellite x200) reading as stereo by Dave
I have subject laptop but the speakers properties have only stereo speakers listed for config in control panel. laptop has 4 x harmon kardon speakers with bass, listed as 5.1 speakers under specs. Just loaded latest drivers (realtek) from toshiba canada website but still no list of 5.1 speakers for config. Any suggestions on how to get the speakers listed as 5.1 or did I misunderstand...
July 5th 09 10:50 AM
by McConnor Go to last post
4 100
5.1 Surround by 1BadAssZ28
When I Bought My Computer My 5.1 Surround Sound Worked Just Fine. Recently I Had To Reinstall Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit. My Surround Sound No Longer Worked I Updated Drivers And Now My Speakers Don't Work At All. I Can Roll Back Drivers And They Work But Only In Stereo I Have An EMachine T5224 With A Sigmatel Sound Card
April 23rd 07 02:32 PM
by Steve Urbach Go to last post
1 66
5.1 surround problems by Ben Hartley[_2_]
I have a problem with my 5.1 speaker system in that the front left and right speakers do not work when my speakers are configured for a 5.1 set-up. However, they do produce sound when it's configured on Windows as a 7.1 set-up. Any ideas? Many thanks in anticipation Ben
September 6th 08 08:01 PM
by Ben Hartley[_2_] Go to last post
0 115
5.1 Surround Sound on Vista 64 by Dyawlak
Has anyone got a sound card fully working with 5.1 spearkers yet? I got a Audigy SE which during tests gives me lovely 5.1 - but because the nice developers at M$ removed 3DDirectSound nothing else can use them. So I'm looking for a new board that offers EAX 3 and surround sound 5.1 speaker system
May 22nd 07 04:26 PM
by freddy Go to last post

From The