Hidden folders taking up my hard drive space? by Sharkty
Please help (or point me in the right direction). I've noticed most of my hard drive is full. http://i36.tinypic.com/2888rqu.jpg] There's no way I have that much on it. So I've had an explore and noticed this;
November 27th 08 07:13 PM
by Gordon[_5_] Go to last post
6 380
internal keyboard not working by arnehome
Hi, I "fiddled" with my partitions (deleted one and expanded the remaining one) on my Lenovo T61p laptop and now the internal keyboard and "mousecontrollers" will not work! I have tried connecting an USB mouse and that works. I have also tried a keyboard (wireless USB) but that does NOT work. The keyboard works fine until Vista boots (even in bootselector). I think the problem might be a...
November 27th 08 06:59 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_] Go to last post
4 405
Microsoft WPD FileSystem Volume Driver - On every bootup by DevilsPGD
Every time I reboot, I get a prompt asking for permission to install "Microsoft WPD FileSystem Volume Driver", every time I do, and all is well until the next reboot. If I choose "Ask me later" my card reader doesn't work, so it appears likely that I do want this driver installed. Any clues why I'm prompted on each bootup for the same driver? --
November 27th 08 08:43 AM
by AndrewMBaines Go to last post
7 2,409
M-Audio Firewire Audio Drivers by Steve Gruver
Good news to those who own an M-Audio Firewire Series sound card. Drivers (Beta) are finally available for Vista. Steve
November 27th 08 04:28 AM
by David Snyder Go to last post
5 422
Can NOT burn to CD/DVD; reading works by tellwilliam
Dell Latitude D820; new Vista Home 64 installed. Reading functions work fine, but I can not burn to CD or DVD. I only tried Windows Media Player and Photoshop Elements 6. Media Player allows building burn list, but won't enable "Burn Button". Elements responds to burn request with "no CD/ DVD drive available". When selecting Backup (Elements), only C:/ is available, not D:. Downloaded all...
November 27th 08 03:22 AM
by tellwilliam Go to last post
0 306
USB hardware not recognised warnings - when theres no USB devices by Ben G
I have been using Vista for almost 8 months now and have never had any problems until I turned on my PC earlier this evening and noticed that none of the USB ports worked at all. Windows keeps showing me the "USB device not recognised" warning dialogue box and is randomly playing the sounds it does when you plug in and un-plug a USB device. Boggled, I have unplugged ALL my USB devices, but...
November 27th 08 02:51 AM
by Nigma Go to last post
3 351
Chkdsk reports error when checking a flash memory! by Leon_Amirreza
I can not do anything with my flash memory so I ran chkdsk to check if it is dead or the error is repairable chkdsk says: can not open volume for direct access Does this show that my flash is dead for sure? or should i use any other tool for this? I am using windows Vista ultimate 32 bit?
November 26th 08 08:54 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 298
Samsung sh-s182 DVD driver error by Billkalbo
I have been running my vista system with no problem for 6 months and then I 2 days ago, the DVD was not there. During boot, it finds the drive, will boot off the DVD but once Vista is running, there is no DVD. Checking the device manager, under DVD, there is an error: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) Click 'Check for...
November 26th 08 05:29 PM
by Rojo Habe[_3_] Go to last post
2 305
Digital Camera Use by Jeceris
Suddenly my Advent laptop running Vista won't recognise my Canon camera. After successfully downloading photos to the hard drive for months, now, when I connect the camera to a USB port, it makes a sound but there is no window as there usually is to select the required action. Tried a different USB cable, same result. Other external devices, like flash disks, USB printers, work fine. Why should...
November 26th 08 03:41 PM
by Jeceris Go to last post
5 323
Motherboard Chipset upgrade by cutchips
I have an Asus P5Q-E running Vista 64. Is upgrading the motherboard chipset worth the risk, generally speaking ? -- cutchips
November 26th 08 02:33 PM
by Tom Lake[_2_] Go to last post
8 330
Mouse Defaults when Running as Admin by bloomers
Hi I am runnig Windows Vista Enterprise and I have an intellimouse optical. I have the two side buttons set up as cut and paste. When I run an application as administrator, the side buttons do not seem to do anything. What do I need to do to set the button actions for admin? Glenn
November 26th 08 01:32 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
4 331
Disappering DVD on Vista 32bit by IvanI
hello! does anyone have an idea how to solve the "disappearing DVD" problem on Vista? The only solution I know is putting computer to sleep and then waking it up, but that's just silly, there's gotta be some hotfix or something. -- IvanI
November 26th 08 01:24 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
3 343
WD MyBook World Edition by Steve
I recently purchased a Western Digital MyBook World Edition 500MB Network Hard Drive. Works great, can see it on the network, can copy, retrieve, backup, all that good stuff. But how can I get Sync Center to recognize it?
November 26th 08 01:02 AM
by MarkG0514 Go to last post
2 299
Security Update Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 SP2 KB936181 - STO by garywi
Windows update has installed this 8 times so far. Every time I want to shut down my machine, I get prompted to install. Under "View Update History" this patch is installed successfully 8 times. If I right click on the update in HIDE it, it still comes back. -- Thanks
November 26th 08 12:46 AM
by MP Descartes Go to last post
2 264
Photo and Flash Drive problems by blue17
Hi I am an amateur photographer and I having a problem transferring photos (mostly jpegs) from my computer (and from my external hard drive) to flash drives The problem is, when I copy photos to the flash drives about one-tenth of them become corrupted. If I copy 500 perfectly fine photos, fifty will be corrupted. The corruption can be anything from a line of misplaced pixels, to a top...
November 24th 08 08:22 PM
by blue17 Go to last post
0 294
Com Ports Missing by David Salmon
A weather device needs com port 3, which used to exist but now does not. There is no listing in Device Manager for port settings. I am running Vista Ultimate 32 with NIS2009. Can anyone please tell me how to find port settings to fix this problem? Thank you.
November 24th 08 08:11 PM
by Mort Go to last post
1 316
External Multi-Format DVD Recorder-Memorex MRX-530LE by bakerdmw
I purchased the above external drive so it would be easier to make copies of dvd's. My HP notebook PC has not worked properly since I tried to install the software that came with the external dvd recorder-Nero. When I put the software disk into the PC's drive it was not even recognized. Now I get a constant message that windows is looking to install the driver for new hardware-the...
November 24th 08 06:47 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
1 329
Drive/Controller Stability Tests by DigiNut
Hello, Does anybody know of any tools (available for Vista x64) that can test the stability of a hard drive or drive controller? I'm trying to determine the cause of some blue screens, and I've already run dozens of memory tests, Prime95, rthdribl, FurMark, etc., so I don't think it's the memory or CPU or video, or the sound (tried switching that). And I've noticed that just before the blue...
November 24th 08 05:07 AM
by Hot-text Go to last post
4 317
DVD drive disapears by NightRider
I am having a recurrent problem with my CD/DVDW drive. I have a TSST corp Model TS L632D ATA Device. The local compter store removed the filters for me before and it fixed this problem for a month. I don't remember how they were removed. I also tried uninstalling the drive. On reboot it always come back with an error code of 039. I also tried looking on the web for the drivers so I could download...
November 24th 08 01:42 AM
by Brian Go to last post
2 323
USB Drive Blue Screen Partmgr.sys by Peter A[_2_]
I know there are threads around on this and similar topics, but they don't help me and I should like to at least identify where a solution should be coming from. I have an external disk housing (Canyon) that connects an IDE disk to a USB port. As soon as I switch the thing on, the system crashes with a blue screen within a couple of seconds. Connected internally to the IDE interface the disk...
November 23rd 08 04:59 PM
by GTS Go to last post

From The