  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
choosing playback mode by ronko
I just started using Vista Ultimate on a multimedia system. It seems that I cannot have sound coming out of both speakers and SPDIF at the same time. The sound configuration software forces me to choose a "default". This is a real problem for those who want a different sound setup for playing movies than they use for playing music. It means you have to keep going into the sound setup...
September 9th 07 12:08 PM
by Juarez Go to last post
1 125
choosing which monitor displays a program at startup by Jeff[_18_]
On a dual monitor system, is it possible to choose which monitor displays a program at startup? If I put a shortcut to Internet Explorer in the startup folder, can I tell it to start the program on monitor 1 or monitor 2? Jeff
March 18th 09 05:58 PM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
3 148
choppy video in all programs/websites A fault of Quicktime ? by Wally
I have restored my image of Vista a few times lately because I am trying to watch video from TV websites (abc, nbc) if I turn off all areo stuff (best performance setting) it is much better but not a solution...I think i am seeing a big degradation after installing quicktime, anybody noticing this? I haven't installed it this time around and I am hesitant to do it, but I know i am going to...
November 4th 07 11:52 AM
by Wally Go to last post
0 133
Cingular Novatel U730 card not working on build 5600 by AtlantaX
Build 5600 Cingular Novatel U730 Most recent versions of drivers, firmware, and using MOBILINK connection manager. Attempt to connect, it says "READY", "CONNECTING", "AUTHENTICATING" then ERROR 628: Something about remote sire disconnecting. MODEM DIAGNOSTIC LOG SAYS:
October 7th 06 03:40 AM
by AtlantaX Go to last post
0 126
Cingular Novatel U730 card not working on build 5600 by AtlantaX
Build 5600 Cingular Novatel U730 Most recent versions of drivers, firmware, and using MOBILINK connection manager. Attempt to connect, it says "READY", "CONNECTING", "AUTHENTICATING" then ERROR 628: Something about remote sire disconnecting. MODEM DIAGNOSTIC LOG SAYS:
October 7th 06 03:41 AM
by AtlantaX Go to last post
0 139
Class Not Registered Error Prevents Device Manager from Opening by TheRogersinUSA
I have been running Vista Ultimate for 4-5 months. I just recently started to receive the pop-up error message 'Class Not Registered' when trying to open the Vista Device Manager. When I close the panel, nothing else happens -- i.e., Device Manager doesn't launch. I see from a few other posts (not on this site) that others have experienced this problem, but no resolution was provided. ...
October 15th 07 11:42 PM
by TheRogersinUSA Go to last post
4 160
Clean Install of Vista Home Premium by Jerry
I'm presently running Win XP Home (OEM Version with Gateway 2.6 GHZ Desktop). Is it possible to do a clean install of Win Vista Home Premium using the upgrade version, or will I have to do an upgrade? Will Vista reqognize my OEM Win XP disk as proof of ownership? Thanks in advance, Jerry -- --------------------------------------------
April 8th 09 10:53 AM
by coolone610 Go to last post
7 325
Clear Experience Index by GeekUnit
When I was first messing around with Vista I refreshed my "Experience Index" thing-y at a time when my BIOS clock was incorrectly set. Now, because it's in the future, my rating never updates! Is there anyway to _completely_ purge old ratings? I've searched through the registry and I can't find a thing. Thanks -- GeekUnit
February 4th 07 02:41 PM
by GeekUnit Go to last post
0 263
clearwire wireless mouse question by Vista Gangsta
i just received a free wireless mouse from clearwire broadband as a promotion. its a two piece mouse and usb/ps2 unit. the receiver is attached to a ps2 adapter. my laptop does not have a ps2 connector. when i plug the receiver directly to the usb port, vista finds it as a human Interface Device. the device is working properly. when i disable the touchpad, the new mouse does not take over. is ter...
April 20th 07 11:01 PM
by guardiansentry Go to last post
1 179
clevertouch (early version) by andy baldock
any one else out there stuck with a clevertouch (early version) and being told that the boards will not work with vista cause the hardware in the board is not compatible?? runs fine under window xp, but they are saying the hardware is not ok with vista, but works with windows xp64, is vista that different that the clevetouch board will not work right or is it just the fact they are lazy and...
September 29th 07 11:11 PM
by andy baldock Go to last post
0 120
Click here to be infected with malware by Saddam Hussein
your computer will now self destruct in 5 seconds. Best step away from your comp, or yull git hurt.
December 12th 08 03:57 AM
by C.Skaggs Go to last post
4 284
Clicking sound by ATCStephen
I've had this problem a couple of times in the past but forget how to fix it. I now hear a clicking sound every time I click on a new web page, I know the solution is somewhere in Internet Options. Thanks for your help. Stephen
May 16th 07 02:40 PM
by Michael Go to last post
2 98
Clone To SATA Harddrive by nexor63
Hi, I have Vista Home Premium x64 running on a 80Gig Hdd, I need to transfer the O/S to a 320Gig SATA Hdd. The SATA Hdd shows in Disk Management as Unallocated, but Disk Management does not allow me to assign a drive letter to the harddrive. I have Norton Gost installed, but without a drive letter I cannot perform the cloning. Guys..........I really need help on this one as my 80Gig harddrive...
July 17th 08 04:20 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
4 128
Cloned Display by alaskanrogue (Marc George)
When I first upgraded to Vista Business RTM from XP Pro, I was in a cloned dual display mode. Vista retained that mode thru shut down and reboots, but if I was off line and the system hibernated or slept then resumed, the function was off. There was no way to change the display setting to turn the function back on, unless I did a restore. On vacation, I didn't a second display, so I lost the...
January 13th 07 11:15 AM
by alaskanrogue (Marc George) Go to last post
0 136
cloning laptop sata harddrive vista premium by Mark Ryan
has anyone got an idiots guide to copying my 120gb sata drive to a new 160gb sata drive on my medion notebook, i have acronis true image 10 but am not entirely confident about transfering my old partitioned drive to my new one and getting it up and running again. please help
April 26th 07 06:44 PM
by Neil Harley Go to last post
5 174
Closing laptop lid during Shutdown sends it to Sleep by NickH
If I press the power button on my laptop to start shutdown, and then close the lid, Vista will ignore the fact that it's shutting down and go to Sleep. Then when I open the lid later, it wakes up and finishes shutting down! Has anybody else noticed this? It would be much better if it just carried on shutting down. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft...
November 19th 10 04:15 AM
by Richard Berman Go to last post
5 729
Club3d TV Tuner doen't work in vista ultimate by Bert Bouwknegt
Ultimate Does anyone know why a club3d zaptv 1000 mce edition tv-tuner isn't recognized in media center as a tv-tuner? In device manager all the drivers are installed as conexant (chip is conexant) without exclamations. I use Windows Vista RTM?
January 23rd 07 08:59 PM
by JW Go to last post
4 212
cmd exe box opening up o restart by djchina74
i,ve been playing about on my satellite pro. got board at 3a.m yesterday. since then when i restart my laptop and logged in , when the start- up screen comes on there,s a cmd exe box that appears. inside the box the dialog goes off and on to quickly to be read, need help to get rid of this please, totally annoying and also how did it get there in the first place. cheers. -- djchina74
January 17th 08 10:10 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
3 167
cmos error by Carl G
We have a home built computer running windows vista. When I boot the pc the bios page says there is a ucode error. What does this mean ? Have to hit F1 to continue and everything works great. Thanks in advance. -- Carl G
October 28th 07 03:27 AM
by Carl G Go to last post
2 101
cnaon laser printer driver nightmare by scul
LBP-1210 doesnt work - job spools but nothing happens tried the printer with LPT1 as well as usb pretty sure its got to do with DEP cant find the executable in the dep dialogue area have installed the canon vista driver canon wont help there are few results in google re this machine and i think it is a canon flash in the pan release from around 4 years ago any ideas?
July 31st 07 10:15 PM
by scul Go to last post

From The