Vista x64 Printer - Trying to keep connection alive by Shotsy
I have a Vista home premium x64 desktop system. After extended period of time, it seems my connection to the Canon Multi Function goes to sleep. I checked the USB connection under the device manager and sleep mode is not enabled. If I unplug the connection, wait a few seconds and reconnect, it works. The Canon Multi Function driver is for Vista x64. Also, when I attempt to print, it...
November 23rd 08 05:33 PM
by J Go to last post
3 484
No Blutooth In Control Panel by Trevor Aiston
Motorola USB dongle detected and shows in computer devices but no icon in control panel to search for bt devices? Trevor
November 23rd 08 05:14 AM
by Hot-text Go to last post
2 467
I cant find UpperFilters or LowerFilters.. have problem in DVD writer by el3need
Hello every body, i cant find UpperFilters or LowerFilters in the list of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} this is the link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461 I have Windows Vista Ultimate...
November 23rd 08 02:39 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
5 530
DVD/CD-R rom not working by urbaneve
okay here's the thing -- i have a compaq presario f500 (f572 to be exact) running on vista with the latest updates, amd anthalon x2, 2 GB memory. simple little machine i know, but it gets the job done for work. the problem is that i need it to burn cd's and dvd's. it used to work just fine and now it doesnt. when i bring up my computer the drive is showing.
November 23rd 08 02:16 AM
by flyer[_2_] Go to last post
6 534
dxdiag reporting 3G RAM instead of 4G by us3r
bought a new laptop and it came along with 1X2G of ram from the manufacturer-upgraded it to 2X2G at the store.my system report and bios shows me the correct number,though dxdiag only 3G.the question is-which report should i trust??:sarc: +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: dxdiag.jpg | |Download:...
November 23rd 08 12:54 AM
by Tom Lake[_2_] Go to last post
9 510
Need help installing a network printer by Zan[_2_]
Hi -- I'm trying to install a QMS 2060 printer as a network printer. The printer is of pre-plug & play vintage. Prior to acquiring this computer, the printer was connected via parallel port but the new computer doesn't have a parallel port connection. I have current Vista-compatible drivers installed and the printer is connected to the switch. Another printer does print correctly using...
November 23rd 08 12:06 AM
by Zan[_2_] Go to last post
0 438
Microphone by JohnA
In trying to set up Skype with a friend using a Mac Book, I am having problems with getting my voice(or sound) to transmit to him unless I use a plug in microphone. He says my computer should have a built-in microphone. I have Toshiba Satellite. I can't determine how to verify there is no built in device. Speakers are great. Any suggestions? thanks
November 22nd 08 09:51 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
5 474
Trying to Partition Vista Hard Drive by mactovista
Help! Trying to shrink or partition hard drive on Vista HP to load XP to run some programs. Computer only 2 mos. old has 500 gig hard drive but will only allow me 10 gig partition. Message says "Size of available shrink space can be restricted if snapshots or page files are enabled on the volume" Been on chat with hp all morning no help. Tried defragmenting, chkdsk, etc still limited to 10...
November 22nd 08 08:57 AM
by Gordon[_5_] Go to last post
5 464
Transfer complete Harddrive to backup hard drive in vista by James Ryel
Good Morning! I have a IDE hard drive with Win XP on my old computer and would like to transfer all files and programs to a spare hard drive in my new computer. The idea is to be able to boot the old hard drive in the new computer. The new computer has Vista 32 ultimate with 4 sata hard drives. At this time only one hard drive is connected. How do I link and preform this task?
November 21st 08 09:07 PM
by James Ryel Go to last post
4 415
USB Speed by daniellouwrens[_2_]
Hi I have Vista Ultimate. How do I test the speed of a USB connection to see if it is working okay. I have Hard Drive connected to a USB port. thanks
November 21st 08 04:21 PM
by daniellouwrens[_2_] Go to last post
6 453
LCD screen of laptop needs to "warm up"? by civ2ru
In the last couple of months, I've started encountering an error - the laptop LCD screen is blank upon recovery from Sleep Mode or upon boot. After rebooting or closing/reopening the lid (or sometimes just waiting a few minutes does the trick), it starts working and after that works consistently, it's just the initial "warm up" period from off or sleep state. Any ideas on how to fix it or...
November 21st 08 02:26 PM
by civ2ru Go to last post
9 453
Sporadic Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 Problems by Saidas[_9_]
I previously was using an Optical Desktop Pro and experienced the same problems I'm having now with a new Laser Desktop 6000 and that is that the mouse becomes slow and unresponsive require several forceful taps to get it to work and some keystrokes have to be repeated. I'm using Vista Home Premium and my pc is only a few months old. Since I was having the same problem with the other set, it...
November 21st 08 02:11 PM
by amy d Go to last post
2 416
future proof video cards? by james
Where can I find a list of video cards that not only supports vista, but will support windows 7 as well?
November 21st 08 04:42 AM
by Bender Go to last post
5 467
Wireless connection stopped working by M Skabialka
A friend with a vista PC was having problems connecting wirelessly to a router. It had been working OK for months then she decided to download the MS Office 2007 trial. Since then her wireless connection stopped working (though I have no idea why this happened at this time). Their other computer was also having a really slow ethernet connection so I had them buy a new cisco wireles router...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 20th 08 10:26 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT] Go to last post
11 848
Dual Moniters by TheGreat Jim
I have a Vista laptop with a NVIDIA Graphics card. when i try to set up a dual moniter, it doesnt let me have seperate displays, rather only lets me clone the laptop display onto the other screen. Can anyone help me?
November 20th 08 06:29 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
2 457
How do you stop Vista indexing CDs/DVDs by ArtySin
Every time I put a new CD or DVD in one of my two drives Vista starts indexing them. It is soooo bl88dy annoying and takes up too much time when you are constantly changing CDs. Does anyone know how you can turn it off for DVD drives at all? Can't find anything in properties Cheers ArtySin
November 20th 08 05:44 AM
by David Vair Go to last post
1 399
Sony DVD Writer. by [email protected]
I am using my DVD writer from last 2 years. I am facing this problem that my DVD Writer can write all DVD formated CD's but cannot read any DVD formated CD. Even the CD which is been Write by the same DVD Writer.
November 19th 08 11:28 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 421
speakers? by cmcmr
my speakers are plugged in, but they have no power? i have no idea how to fix that.... -- cmcmr
November 19th 08 08:42 AM
by Andrew Murray[_6_] Go to last post
4 440
Wireless G vs N by Darkelldar[_4_]
I have upgraded to a wireless N router with rangeboost, Picked up a matching rangboosted PCI card for my PC. The problem is that the N is dropping out and has signal strength of fair to low it is connecting at 300 mbp's but is very unstable. I went back to my wireless G USB adapter and I get good to excellent signal strength and it does not drop off. All other G devices & computers work...
November 18th 08 11:27 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
1 386
Low Disk Space Warning? by Ray19[_2_]
I am using a Vista Ultimate system on a Dell XPS 420 computer with a Terabyte hard drive. I keep getting this message flag from my Taskbar --- " Low Disk Space. You are running out of disk space on RECOVERY (D:). To free space on this drive by deleting old or unneccesary files click here." I click on user files but there's no space available to delete. The user files shown (Office setup files...
November 18th 08 08:12 PM
by bace Go to last post

From The