Resolution Problems by Guy Gordon and the Local 4 News Team
Ok, I got a 1440x900 monitor, with Windows Vista. When I try to choose 1440x900 on the resolutions list, it doesn't appear. I have an Intel 82945G graphics driver, with all the updates, and I can't wrap my head around it.
February 4th 07 07:56 PM
by Ron Miller Go to last post
2 262
Internal Hard Drives....... by Scruffyy
Hello All, I have an ASUS p5n-32 SLI mother board and 2 x ASUS 7800GT Video cards. I have 2 gig of ram and 3 SATA 16mb internal hard drives 2 x 320 gig and 1 x 240 gig. I have formated one of the 320 gig hard drives just to install Vista on it and it has all gone fine. Set up without any hitches, the remaining two hard drives had XP Pro on it. I do not want to loose any data on the two hard...
February 4th 07 08:00 PM
by Ron Miller Go to last post
2 264
Compatible wired NIC by Denny
I was wondering if anyone knew of a compatible wired NIC card for Vista. I just purchased a Lynksys LNE100TX and Lynksys states the driver is coming soon. I would like one now. Thanks in advance.
February 4th 07 08:39 PM
by pete Go to last post
1 254
HP dvd640c by Piotr Sawinski
Hi, I have installed without any problems WV Home Premium, but then I put 'HP DVD Writer installation disc' in, and after having the drivers installed, my cd-rom device disappered. Have somebody came across this kind of problem. How to solve it, even when I uninstalled dvd writer, after founding new hardware Windows see it as CD_ROM (exactly HP DVD640c) but still it doesn't run (I can't see...
February 4th 07 09:51 PM
by cash Go to last post
1 241
Graphicscard for Vista? by Per
Is Radeon X1600 Pro AGP 8X 256 MB fast enough to run the Vista Aero theme?
February 4th 07 10:15 PM
by Byron Hinson Go to last post
2 271
nforce4 crash related to heavy disk/video activity by Patrick
Hi all, I've been having crash problems on my nforce4 board. All crashes I experience I experiece during gaming when there is a lot of disk activity. Videodrivers I used are 100.30, 100.51, 100.54 and 100.59 Nforce raid drivers I used are 8.22 and 9.30 Anyone recocnize and/or possibly solve this?
February 4th 07 10:26 PM
by Patrick Go to last post
0 243
Texas Instruments PCIxx21 Integrated FlashMedia Controller (H) by GregoryT
I ran the Vista Upgrad Advisor and the Texas Instruments PCIxx21 Integrated FlashMedia Controller (H) came up with no data on this device. Does anybody know it I install Vista on a clean install will I need to get an upgraded PCIxx.21 controller? Where do I get one that will work with Vista? Thanks
February 4th 07 10:55 PM
by GregoryT Go to last post
0 258
ENE cardbus controller under Vista (FS Amilo Pro 3505) by skow
I have problem with my PCMCIA extension card - it does not install apropriately uner Vista. I've installed all new drivers from FS web site and flashed BIOS. I looked over the internet and i found this: http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/bus/cardbus/cardbus_vista.mspx It seems that Vista servers pcmcia differently than in older versions and my extension card doesn't have acces to I/O...
February 4th 07 11:26 PM
by skow Go to last post
0 243
Hardware recognition problem! PLz help! by talah26
hi, im using windows vista home premium on a Toshiba M40 (Centrino 1.86, 1 Gig RAM, nVidia Go 6600, with windows Live OneCare). Whenever i connect my canon A75 digital camera via usb to my pc, windows says "driver successfully intalled", and the camera is visible in device manager under imaging devices. However, on connection, AutoPlay doesnt prompt me to trasnfer images. Also i cannot find...
February 5th 07 12:05 AM
by talah26 Go to last post
0 238
Nvidia driver issue by David Priessman
I have, supposedly, loaded the 100.59 driver on Vista Home Premium. I have restarted, checked Task Manager for the proper processes to be running, and they're not! Not one of the NV....s are running. Is there a protection program running that prohibits unsigned drivers from running'? If so, can it be bypassed? This driver's supposed to enable SLI for my 2 GF6800 gs cards....I'm frustrated.
February 5th 07 01:24 AM
by David Priessman Go to last post
0 257
mac number by dion
how do you find the mac number? every time I find it, it says unavailable. Maybe I am not looking inthe right place. So where do I find it? and what if it says unavailable?
February 5th 07 02:14 AM
by Robert Firth Go to last post
4 216
changing hardware after vista install by ace
I plan on purchasing vista soon. the problem is that after i install perhaps a couple of months I probably will upgrade most of the hardware in my computer, such as motherboard, video card, processor...I was wondering how would this affect the authentication of vista. Is it better to just wait and install vista on a new sata hdd rather than my old one and just wait until i upgrade?
February 5th 07 02:17 AM
by Robert Firth Go to last post
6 234
Pre Vista DVD RAM uninstall by Asker1
Pre Vista upgrade readiness list for my machine says to uninstall my DVD RAM driver. If I uninstall the driver for my dvd ram will my machine still read from the drive when I insert the Vista disk?
February 5th 07 02:18 AM
by Robert Firth Go to last post
3 171
ReadyBoost - Can the USB drive be left in the system for restart? by Lakesidezx
I've left mine in the USB slot on the back of my computer without problems. The only problem I had was when I turned my computer into hibernation mode then pulled the flash drive out, then turned on the computer, at which time there was a tremendous amount of hard drive access for about 10 minutes until I tried to shut it down at which time it sat at the shutting down screen and I finally...
February 5th 07 02:26 AM
by Lakesidezx Go to last post
0 191
soundcard compatibility by Dan
i think there should be a list of all vista compatible soundcards, like microsoft did with media center and tv cards, a sort of kick up the arse for the soundcard developers for being so slow in releasing drivers for old products if at all. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion,...
February 5th 07 02:29 AM
by Dan Go to last post
0 198
ReadyBoost - Can the USB drive be left in the system for restart? by Richard Urban
I use an add-in card that also has in internal plug-in port. That is where I keep my USB stick plugged into. -- Regards, Richard Urban Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
February 5th 07 04:32 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
0 211
Users start class action site to hammer Nvidia by MICHAEL
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=37396 Vista drivers fiasco irks geeks who feel duped By Paul Hales NVIDIA CUSTOMERS are losing it a bit. Many are unhappy about the graphics firm's ability to produce drivers to run with Vista and they've been bombarding Nvidian message boards with threats and abuse.
February 5th 07 04:46 AM
by ragepro7 Go to last post
6 243
Video shows low resolution VGA by bill
I have a Sony PCG FX140 and I want to see my monitor in SVGA, but only says VGA, the video chipset is the old funky 82815 intel. Which they have archived. how can i get this in a respectable display?
February 5th 07 05:15 AM
by bill Go to last post
0 184
ATI Support for AIW cards ?? by Bill U
People in this forum have mentioned that ATI will be supporting recent AIW video cards. I see the list of supported hardware on the ATI/AMD site, however support seems to mean providing graphics drivers. Can anyone point me to a spot on the ATI/AMD website (or elsewhere) that states their (ATI) intentions for providing capture/tuner drivers that work for the All In Wonder cards and Vista? ...
February 5th 07 05:17 AM
by bill Go to last post
1 214
AMD Cool'n'Quiet don't work in Vista? by Sven
How do I set the "powersetting" in RC2 to let my AMD 4800+ X2 make use of Cool'n'quiet? In WindowsXP it should be set at "Minimal Power Management", but there is no such setting in Vista (or at least I can't find it). Will I have to get a seperate driver for Vista from AMD to get it to work? It did not work in RC2, and I can't get it to work now in a full Vista. Can someone guide me through this...
February 5th 07 08:25 AM
by koze Go to last post

From The