  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Uninstall a mouse driver? by Margaret Bartley
My daughter's Acer laptop seems to have a touchpad that is erratic. When she's typing, she always has to watch the monitor, because the cursor will just jump anywhere without any warning. I'm assuming it's because there is something wrong with the touchpad. I've used her computer a few times, and I want to drop-kick it. She's fine with using a USB mouse, but I'm sure how to disconnect the...
January 16th 10 07:03 AM
by Margaret Bartley Go to last post
0 279
Trouble with headphones and wireless card by TheRusty
Hi all, Recently I purchased a new system for myself (hurrah for tax returns) and so far, it's a pretty nice system. It runs Vista, obviously, and I've encountered a pair of problems. One major, one minor. First, the major problem is that it doesn't seem to want to install my wireless card. I'm using a ZoNet 802.11g Wireless LAN PCI adapter, and I swear, I've tried everything. The...
May 15th 09 07:10 AM
by TheRusty[_2_] Go to last post
1 279
Vista and Nikon CoolScan V ED (LD-50) by tar5555
I was able to install Nikon Scan 4.0.3 to my Vista computer to allow me to scan slides with the Nikon CoolScan V, but could not install its drivers. It initially appeared that the problem was with the Nikon Scan installation program. However, I got message like "Windows could not load the installer for image" and "The classinstaller registry value is invalid". It turned out that to install a...
May 11th 09 04:58 PM
by tar5555 Go to last post
0 279
My mouse has delay at start up by Ari Sillanpää
Mouse pointer has locked long time. My mouse belong to "Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000"-set (Bluetooth).
May 22nd 09 08:09 AM
by Ari Sillanpää Go to last post
0 279
Linux And Windows by Automaticgood
Hello, Im Useing Windows vista and i was wanting to know if i can install Linux with Windows? i heard u can Install Two Operating systems on your computer. but will it work with Linux though? -- Automaticgood
May 27th 09 12:23 AM
by propman[_3_] Go to last post
1 279
Missing Registry Keys by mknoa
I recently bought a new laptop with Vista. I have been trying to load the software for my HP printer but everytime I try I get an error message that says that the following registry keys do not exist so I can't load the softwa slbcsp.dll sccbase.dll gpkcsp.dll enum
December 19th 08 02:37 AM
by michelle Go to last post
4 279
DVD Drive E: Drive disappearing from Vista Home Premium 64 by dma5949
I have two SATA Liteon DVD drives, E: DVDRW LH-20A1L and F: DVD SHD-16S1S. Starting yesterday,Drive E: disappeared from My Computer and is not displayed in Device Manager, BIOS shows it's there. Yesterday Vista started taking longer to load too, the green loading bar freezes for about a minute. I tried running Start Up Repair from Vista Disc, repair didn't fing anything so I used Restore Point....
October 12th 08 10:44 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 279
cd drives don't function by meron
Please help me - both my CD rom and CD write stopped working. When I asked for advice from HP, I received the wrong instructions from someone who was probably an amateur who instructed me to uninstall both drives in Device Manager resulting in disappeaance of both my drives from the Device Manager and I have no idea how to find them so that I can reinstall them and hope that they will...
September 23rd 08 10:40 PM
by Superkev Go to last post
5 279
HP 690C by Dajan
Hi, I know its an old printer but does what I need it to and I can get the ink free, is there a driver to suit Vista Ultimate 32 bit. Thanks
October 16th 08 11:33 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
5 279
startup failure. rather urgent. by deathofamodernist
So i've recently purchased a compaq notebook pc running vista home premium. after unwittingly installing what i'm assuming was a windows update, i am finding myself unable to run in anything other than safe mode. attempting to normally run the laptop ends up with it jamming on the windows loading progress bar in startup, attempting a system restore from safe mode ends in another jammed state. i...
August 28th 08 03:26 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
5 279
Visa Backup Program - Not working - NEED HELP! by Colleen Lill
HI, I am using Vista 32 bit, home edition. I'm attempting to setup the Vista backup program. The program wizard has detected the external hard drive where I want the backups to be saved to, however it's not detecting C or D drive - it says they are "missing" and that there are 0 bytes. This program was running just fine until about 3 weeks ago. That's when my other external h/d was...
May 28th 09 04:38 PM
by Colleen Lill Go to last post
0 279
114 Gb hard drive missing!!! by speeddemon190
Well after a few years I decided to restore my laptop back to the factory settings. So I backed up all my files onto a external hard drive. I put in the recovery disk, and restored it back to the original. Here is the problem, When I bought it new my C drive was 140 GB. Now my C drive is 26GB what happened and where did it all go????? any advice?
June 11th 09 03:17 PM
by speeddemon190 Go to last post
4 279
Trouble with Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 8000- Keyboard by justins
I have a microsoft wireless entertainment desktop 8000 keyboard and mouse. The mouse works great but the keyboard for some reason has lost its connection to my laptop. The connection is bluetooth and I have bluetooth built into my laptop rather than using the supplied usb bluetooth adapter (which conflicted with other bluetooth signals from my laptop). I have no idea how to reestablish my...
July 2nd 09 07:40 AM
by justins Go to last post
0 279
Fault Bucket by preciousrotts
-- Heather
May 21st 09 05:56 PM
by preciousrotts Go to last post
0 279
Laptop screen goes blank after recovery from Sleep Mode by civ2ru
First off, it's a SONY VAIO VGN-FZ180E and I'm running Vista 32-bit. In the last couple of months, I've started encountering an error - the screen goes blank upon recovery from Sleep Mode. Don't remember exactly when it started, and couldn't use System Recovery to roll back that far anyway. The only workaround I've found is either restarting or closing/re-opening the lid. The "Turn off...
November 17th 08 03:22 PM
by civ2ru Go to last post
0 278
Looking for an external usb drive enclosure by unclebuckle
I'm trying to find an external drive enclosure that is compatible with Windows Vista (either 32 or 64) that will accept either a 3.5 IDE or 3.5 SATA drive. Please reply with your recommendations. Thanks UB
October 19th 08 05:16 AM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
3 278
Install HP printer and driver in Vista by CelestialBabe
I can't seem to get Vista to let me install my HP printer. I've tried StartControl PanelAdd Hardware, added a generic printer, added my HP-have the disc for the software, and HP driver is built into friggin' Vista!! Went to manufacturer site also. Got,"Printer driver not installed.Operation could not be completed(error 0xe0000101)." in the add hardware thing. This exact printer used to...
May 3rd 08 07:26 PM
by Trevor Go to last post
9 278
Digital Camera Driver by Tim
Vista appears to be incompatible with the driver for my Canon SD Powershot 1000. Have searched Canon website, aand spoken to tech support. They say it is MS's problem. Suggestions/
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 18th 08 01:28 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
12 278
8800 GTS on Vista RC2 x64 Drivers? by HDFatBoy2003
I'm about to get this great card in a few days. I know there are no real Vista drivers yet. Have heard some have been able to install the XP drivers and get some basic functionality with the card, e.g. widescreen resolution - but no Aero. I can live without the Aero for a time, but VGA resolutions don't look great on a 30" widescreen with a native of 2560 x 1600. Would like to know if...
December 21st 06 01:47 AM
by Steve Jain Go to last post
7 278
Flash OFDM Flarion PCMCIA device could not start - error code 10 by Borko
Hi, I have been searching all over the web and so far wasn't able to found solution. I have a Flash OFDM PCMCIA - Flarion modem, and there is no way to make it run under vista. The process goes like this: I install the software with drivers just like under XP, then i plug the PCMCIA modem in and after installing the drivers it returns me the error code 10 - device could not start. There is...
December 1st 06 10:23 PM
by Borko Go to last post

From The