Vista and SD Card Reader by ShutterMan
Just picked up a 2GB SD card, only to find out that Vista apparently isnt going to read it. It *may* read it from time to time, but normally it just sits there waiting. When I remove it, it stops its waiting process and asks me to insert a removable disk. Thing works fine on a 32MB and a 512MB SD card that I have. Any ideas on this one? A similar problem with Windows Mobile 6.1 - its hit or...
December 27th 07 02:12 PM
by ShutterMan Go to last post
2 160
Vista & Wireless Keyboard / Mouse by ShutterMan
Just got a nice wireless keyboard and mouse. Problem is, when the machine is rebooted, these devices dont work anymore. I have to unplug the USB cable of the remote sensing unit, and plug it back in to get the devices to work. Needless to say, this is a pain. This is a Micro Innovations wireless keyboard and mouse, and Im using the latest Vista drivers (according to them).
November 18th 08 03:14 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
6 328
Can't Install from DVD-ROM by Shuklack
I have a HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8164B by LG. I cannot install any DVD-ROMs using this drive. When I click to "explore" the disc, it will either say "Please insert disc..." or will show nothing. The disc autoplay usually works, it comes up with the game's icon, and even shows that the drive has space taken up on it. Some games the install screen will pop up, but after clicking install either...
May 28th 07 09:28 AM
by dmex Go to last post
1 127
usb hub problem on laptop by shrirajrathi[_3_]
hi. i m having hp pavilion laptop. its abt. 6 months old i had connected a usb 2.0 hub to a usb port on my laptop till abt. a month back it was working fine one day i got a blue screen saying dumping physical memory and the error was something usb debugging. 4 some time my usb did not function. then it strtd to function again. after some times i connected usb 1.1 hub to it
May 12th 09 11:28 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
2 321
usb hub problem on laptop by shrirajrathi[_2_]
hi. i m having hp pavilion laptop. its abt. 6 months old i had connected a usb 2.0 hub to a usb port on my laptop till abt. a month back it was working fine one day i got a blue screen saying dumping physical memory and the error was something usb debugging. 4 some time my usb did not function. then it strtd to function again. after some times i connected usb 1.1 hub to it
May 10th 09 10:23 AM
by shrirajrathi[_2_] Go to last post
0 301
usb hub problem on laptop by shrirajrathi
hi. i m having hp pavilion laptop. its abt. 6 months old i had connected a usb 2.0 hub to a usb port on my laptop till abt. a month back it was working fine one day i got a blue screen saying dumping physical memory and the error was something usb debugging. 4 some time my usb did not function. then it strtd to function again. after some times i connected usb 1.1 hub to it
May 10th 09 01:20 PM
by mikeyhsd[_4_] Go to last post
1 279
Plantronics 320 BT Headset by Shrink
Hi folks - I just paired my Plantronics BT headset with my laptop running vista ultimate and was asked for a driver. As far as I know, there is no driver needed for this headset and Plantronics doesn't offer any driver downloads. Even without the driver, a pairing was created but I am unable to use the headset as microphone in any applications and it is not recognized as an audio device in...
March 9th 07 10:58 PM
by Shrink Go to last post
2 161
Vista x64 Printer - Trying to keep connection alive by Shotsy
I have a Vista home premium x64 desktop system. After extended period of time, it seems my connection to the Canon Multi Function goes to sleep. I checked the USB connection under the device manager and sleep mode is not enabled. If I unplug the connection, wait a few seconds and reconnect, it works. The Canon Multi Function driver is for Vista x64. Also, when I attempt to print, it...
November 23rd 08 04:33 PM
by J Go to last post
3 485
Mouse key has 2 functions by shotomorgh
Hello. I use a Logitech G7 mouse, I installed the appropriate vista drivers and assigned my buttons to keystrokes. (pictu http://www.billigdrucker.de/images/hardware/maus/logitech/Logitech-G7-Laser-Cordless-Mouse.jpg) The button on the left side of the mouse is the button I prefer to set my middle button to. As you know, in Internet Explorer the middle button pressed on a link opens a...
June 15th 07 09:23 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 156
Boston Digital BA735 Speakers by shortmomma
Hello, everyone, I was wondering if anyone out there knew how to make it to where these speakers work on a new HP desktop. It's running Windows Vista Home Premium and has a RealTek sound card. I've looked all over, downloaded the driver, and it still is not coming up. Please help!
November 8th 09 02:44 PM
by keephopealive Go to last post
8 220
NOBODY having problems with ATI beta drivers? by Shonge
HIS Hightech X1600XT IceQ here, when I try to install the ATI RC1 drivers, they don't stick. The installation goes fine, everything says they worked, but when I reboot my comp, Vista defaults back to the WDDM drivers. With the WDDM drivers, I get strange random flickering (not the whole screen just a few random lines towards the top of the display) whenever I start a program that uses the...
October 2nd 06 10:15 PM
by DaleMail Go to last post
2 145
Radeon display driver by Shon
I have installed this driver with vista rc1 and my resolution of 1600x1200 ha returned using a hp zx5000 use the first driver. you need to uninstall all ati programs before installing. after installing these drivers uninstall your card from device manager recheck for new hardware and then add drivers manually. take note of where these omega drivers installed as you have to point to omega...
September 20th 06 04:49 PM
by Shon Go to last post
0 241
Radeon display driver by Shon
I have installed this driver with vista rc1 and my resolution of 1600x1200 ha returned using a hp zx5000 use the first driver. you need to uninstall all ati programs before installing. after installing these drivers uninstall your card from device manager recheck for new hardware and then add drivers manually. take note of where these omega drivers installed as you have to point to omega...
September 20th 06 04:50 PM
by Shon Go to last post
0 240
free postage for shoes by shoesorder
'www.shoes-order.com' (http://www.shoes-order.com) supply jordan 1,jorda 2 ,jordan 3, jorda 4,jordan 5, jordan 6 ,jordan 7 ,jordan 8 ,jordan 9 ,jordan 10 ,jordan 11 ,jordan 12,jordan 13 ,,jordan 14 ,jordan 15 ,jordan 16 ,jordan 17, jordan 18 ,jordan 19,jordan 19.5, jordan 20,jordan 21,jordan 21.5 ,jordan DMP ,clear jordan 'www.shoes-order.com'...
April 26th 07 10:16 PM
by cb Go to last post
1 118
non dx9 graphics card by shoeman12
i know you're supposed to have a dx9 graphics card for vista ultimate but is this just required for aero or would vista not work at all?
June 8th 07 08:38 PM
by freddy Go to last post
3 109
Dual monitors by shle06
I have a windows vista premium 64bit, and an EVGA GTX 295. I would like to know if i can run two seperate desktops? I want to be able to game on one monitor, while having say internet explorer or on msn on another. Is this possible?
March 5th 09 07:40 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
1 133
ATI External Event Utility by ShivN
I keep getting a message that the ATI External Event Utility has stopped working. I downloaded the fix that Vista asked me to but the problem keeps occuiring. Last time the solution was offered I clicked on Details and Discussions and the blog said that this fix won't work on laptops - which is what I use. I don't know what this External Event Utility is and it does not seem to affect...
June 13th 08 03:24 PM
by DL Go to last post
2 254
my windows vista does not show up my HDD by shiryudeviant
The thing is this, i took out from a pc a HDD barracuda 7200.7, which had installed linux, then i connected it to my laptop via USB, my laptop is running on vista and i do not know why it does not show the HDD i went into administration tools and did everything, try to initialize it, and nothing happened, tried to put a different letter to the drive and it just do not let me do anything at all, i...
January 13th 10 03:03 PM
by Timmah Go to last post
6 381
my windows vista does not show up my HDD by shiryudeviant
The thing is this, i took out from a pc a HDD barracuda 7200.7, which had installed linux, then i connected it to my laptop via USB, my laptop is running on vista and i do not know why it does not show the HDD i went into administration tools and did everything, try to initialize it, and nothing happened, tried to put a different letter to the drive and it just do not let me do anything at all, i...
January 12th 10 11:19 AM
by shiryudeviant Go to last post
0 260
video card memory problem by shirlytb
I have Nvidia 7100GS with 512MB memory. When I'm looking in the "display settings--advanced settings---adapter" on my WinXP i can see that there is a total memory of 512MB, but on my Vista it detects only 382MB of total memory. I'v installed the latest driver release for Vista from the Nvidia site. Someone told me that Vista suppports only 382MB of ram. is it true? It sound a bit strange.....
May 22nd 07 02:07 PM
by pvdg42 Go to last post

From The