1st Raid Card Install, Need jump Start... by therock[_11_]
Hi Folks, My System config will be listed below. I have ran on board RAID and need advise or pointers to get me going with the Areca-1200 and two WD RE3 750GB hard drives. My humble skill level: I built my vista 64bit system myself from the ground up. A very nice smooth experience. Scary smooth.
November 14th 08 04:03 AM
by therock[_11_] Go to last post
0 328
Diamond Xtreme Sound No drivers for 64 bit Vista by jebuescher
If you use the TerraTec driver it will work! They both use the C-Media chipset. 'TerraTec - Driver & Support - TerraTec' (http://www.terratec.net/en/driver-and-support/driver_21304.html?selectproduct=Aureon%205.1%20PCI) -- jebuescher
November 14th 08 03:51 AM
by jebuescher Go to last post
0 309
LAN Network Card (Drivers not Installed) Need Windows Vista Home Basic Drivers by Jonathan Hutchins
I have a Dell Inspiron 530S and right now have a Dial-Up connection...But I plan on getting AT&T High-Speed internet in a few month, I noticed that my LAN card has no drivers installed for it. I was searching on the internet for some drivers but could find none compatible with Windows Vista Home Basic, I could use any and all advice thanks.
November 14th 08 01:59 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 303
Scanner Error Message - Not Enough Storage...... by pufnstuff[_4_]
Hooked up my scanner and on boot-up, get following message. "Windows found new driver software for your device but encountered error attempting to load" Benq S2W-4300U/3300U Scanner (Flatbed Scanner 22) "Not enough storage to complete this operation"
November 14th 08 12:33 AM
by pufnstuff[_4_] Go to last post
5 403
Hauppauge WinTV PVR USB2 by bchoter
^ At least you have video. All I get is a very hazy reception with no audio. I'm using Vista Home Premium 32.bit and I was able to succesfuly install the system. -- bchoter
November 13th 08 09:39 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
3 336
Confused Btwn 64 or 32 bit!!! by jeyessh
Hello, I'm gonna purchase a new system! I'm planning to have a 4 gigs of RAM! I've heard many of my friends say that 64 bit utilizes 4 gigs of RAM better than 32 bit. Is is true?? And i am confused between choosing the Intel Core2Duo 3.0 and Intel Core2Quad 2.4! Both are arnd the same price here! I don't plan to overclock my processor!
November 13th 08 08:00 PM
by jeyessh Go to last post
4 330
Getting A New HDD And Need To XFR To It by therock[_11_]
I'm running a single 750GB WD Green hard drive. I'm going to a RAID 1 setup onto 2 750GB WD RE3 HDDs'. I need to clone or ghost to one of the new hard drives. Can I just do a show hidden files, un-hide protected operating system files and do a drag and drop onto the new drive? It would be a shame to have to buy a program for a one time deal.
November 13th 08 05:49 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
4 321
Vista / HP C3100 - Device Reinstall when Reconnected by Dawn
Ok - some similar posts here but nothing exactly. Thanks in advance to whoever reads and responds! ;-) Running Vista Home Premium on my notebook computer. I have a HP C3100 All-in-One connected to the notebook via USB (only option available on printer to connect device). Whenever I want to be "wireless" with my notebook and disconnect the USB from the notebook and then come back to...
November 13th 08 04:39 PM
by hammysg1[_2_] Go to last post
9 344
DVD drive not reading discs by coldcolours
My PC came with Vista preloaded, and for some reason my dvd drive stopped reading discs. It won't read music CDs, software, games, or burned data or music CDs - it simply gives me a prompt to please insert a disc into drive D:. I tried disabling and reenabling the drive, updating the drivers, nothing. I followed the instructions at: 'The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a...
November 13th 08 10:39 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 316
Sata 1.5 versus sata 3 by Aylen1957
Does anyone know the easy answer to which is faster and is it really noticeable?? Considering upgrading one of my 160gig seagate barracuda's (sata 1.5) to a new barracuda sata 3.. Any responses as always appreciated -- Aylen1957
November 13th 08 08:11 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
2 302
Thumbnails will not show by AJA
I just did a new install have the Nvidia geforce 6100 nforce 405 video card running business vista. When I go and look at my wallpaper all the images in the thumbnails have the same picture. When I click on them the wallpaper does change in the background so I can see what it is -- but it would be alot easier if each thumbnail would have the correct picture. Is there anyway I can get the...
November 13th 08 04:00 AM
by sevenhyde Go to last post
3 322
HP Pavillion Dv2535ea web Cam by Billt
I have recently had an upgrade in speed and system check for my Hp dv2535ea which was originally XP and then upgraded to Vista some 12 months ago. Now when I try to run up my system MY WEB CAM is not recognised. Also the driver is showing 2006 now when I try to see if upgrades available it say my Driver is the latest version. Is this correct or What should I be doing to stop this problem?
November 13th 08 02:13 AM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
1 318
Missing Partition - External HDD by Egghead
Need help on my WD Raptor 120MB Extenal HDD. WD external HDD was partitioned into 2 drive, both using NTFS format. Working perfectly in XPSP2. No OS installed, purely datas. Jumpers were left open. - Can't see the second partition (extended partition) in Vista Ultimate 32-bit either in Disk Management Console or Win Explorer. DMC stated "Disk Management Console view is not up-to-date"...
November 12th 08 12:19 PM
by hlipcho Go to last post
1 300
Chicks in India by Monika[_2_]
http://warnet.ws/img2/183/dom/4.jpg http://warnet.ws/img2/183/dom/1.jpg http://warnet.ws/img2/183/dom/3.jpg http://warnet.ws/img2/183/dom/5.jpg http://warnet.ws/img2/183/dom/6.jpg http://warnet.ws/img2/183/dom/7.jpg http://warnet.ws/img2/183/dom/8.jpg http://warnet.ws/img2/183/dom/9.jpg http://warnet.ws/img2/183/dom/10.jpg http://warnet.ws/img2/183/dom/11.jpg
November 12th 08 10:30 AM
by Monika[_2_] Go to last post
0 326
Windows can't stop Generic volume by JustJoan
I just used Windows Vista to back up my drive to an external drive. It said the backup was successful but when I went to safely remove hardware, I got this message: " Windows can't stop your Generic volume device because it is in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device, and then try again later." I made sure everything was closed, checked with Task Manager and tried...
November 12th 08 06:04 AM
by aleydoon Go to last post
5 366
Can I access mouse feature from keyboard? by Axel07
I have a 64-bit Vista Home Premium system with the wireless Natural Ergonomic Desktop 7000, consisting of keyboard plus mouse. The mouse's IntelliPoint driver provides a very useful feature called Instant View, which responds by default to a push on the wheel button, and shows a full-screen display of all apps currently running. This is the best task-switcher I've seen, since it gives a...
November 12th 08 05:33 AM
by Axel07 Go to last post
0 304
Multimedia keys on Dell laptops working in x64? by Milhouse Van Houten
I thought I'd had my Vostro 1710 all configured for x64 SP1 (with all updates), when I noticed the multimedia keys do nothing (e.g. Volume). Device Manager lists it as a Standard PS/2 keyboard, which AFAIK is appropriate. Dell offers no keyboard driver for any platform. There's nothing to do in the Keyboard CP applet. Since the keys did work in XP, is this a Vista glitch in general or x64...
November 11th 08 10:11 PM
by Milhouse Van Houten Go to last post
4 346
Linksys Wireless Adapter WUSB54GC by mac
My Linksys wirelesss adaper WUSB54GC is running with the XP driver that came with it. When I download and install from Linksys the Vista driver, the adapter does not stay connected (it disconnects on and off.....). So I reversed the driver back to the XP. Is there any issues running the XP driver? Thanks,
November 11th 08 06:48 PM
by Jasper[_4_] Go to last post
5 344
WUSB54GC incompatable? by FeArDaFiSh
hey guys, i just bought a system with 64bit windows vista, and i have a WUSB54GC wireless network adapter. I know on the linksys site the drivers for it are for 32bit vista, but they have nothing yet for the 64bit. Ive tried using the ralink and even the driver mrsmith made for x64 but none of them seem to work. I called linksys tech support and they simply told me that the WUSB54GC was not...
November 11th 08 06:20 PM
by FeArDaFiSh Go to last post
5 346
Can't safely Eject External Hard Drive by goorambatman
When I go to safely eject my External hard drive I always get the following error: Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device Windows can't stop your 'Generic volume' device because it is in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device, and then try again later. It is a ST332062 0A USB Device (Seagate NTFS) in a Xcraft Cooler Master case.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 11th 08 04:40 PM
by alireza[_2_] Go to last post

From The