ATI FireGL 5250 (IBM Thinkpad T60P) by Rudi Brochs
That's it for me! I have tried five times to install Vista Business and Vista Ultimate on my Thinkpad T60P. My ATI Mobility FireGL 5250 graphic adapter does not work well with Vista. The Microsoft certifeid driver can be used, but every time I start the machine I get a message saying "R300 Driver has recovered from serious error, and have been restarted". Lenovo have released ATI Catalyst...
February 5th 07 09:24 PM
by AK Go to last post
6 275
Installing a Readyboost device. (PNY Attache 4GB) by Lakesidezx
Okay, after vista reported that my Memorex traveldrive (4GB) is incompatible, I just returned it to the store and bought a PNY 4(GB) attache device. Vista reported this as incompatible for ReadyBoost. But heres what I noted..... I went into windows explorer and right clicked on the USB PNY device and chose the readyboost tab, then test again, each time it failed the test, but what I noted...
February 5th 07 09:52 PM
by Dreamsayer Go to last post
3 205
vista got reduced hardware ability? by tonj
I find it strange that windows vista (Home Premium) can't pick up my video hardware like Windows XP did. I have a Fly DVB TV PCI card and in Vista Windows Movie Maker doesn't give any option to choose it as a capture source. All it lists is import 'From digital video camera', there's no other option. In Windows XP WMM listed all my video hardware. The Fly card does work in Windows Vista but the...
February 5th 07 10:58 PM
by tonj Go to last post
3 233
VISTA -- Adaptec 2410SA Controller Problem by A.Morgan
Anyone have any ideas on this one. I have 3 SATA drives attached to Ports 1 2 and 3. Port 0 is empty, will become a RAID1 with Port1 when I get drive replaced. Drive Letters are C, D, E Problem is copys between drives freezes VISTA for minutes depending on file size being copied. Event Viewer shows a bunch of these errors:
February 5th 07 11:17 PM
by A.Morgan Go to last post
0 235
NVTV tuner card by ssc71353
I was running Vista Ultimate with a EVGA nVidia NVTV tuner card with no issues. On New Years day I got a message that my subscription for media center had expired. Later I got a message that no tuner card was installed. I then tried reinstalling the OS, and it never saw the tuner card, reintalled MCE 2005 and the tuner card works fine. Has anyone else experienced this problem and have a...
February 5th 07 11:28 PM
by JW Go to last post
5 212
Issue with Vista detecting Waveplus wireless card by mattattaxx
I just installed Windows Vista, dual boot with XP. Everything in XP is fine, but Vista has two issues. The big issue is with the internet. It detects my Rhine II card for a physical connection, but my house runs with a wireless network, and I have a Waveplus WP1200 802.11b Wireless PCI Card, but Vista doesn't think it's there whatsoever. When I look for drivers on Vista, it only shows Intel...
February 5th 07 11:40 PM
by mattattaxx Go to last post
0 197
Intel 915 and Aero by Anthony Marsh
Conor wrote: In article , apulaski says... I am using on board Intel 915G graphics. Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor told me that it is Aero capable, however Aero is not running. I of course have downloaded the latest drivers from the Intel website... Anyone have any insight here? Aero is running but not Aero Glass which is...
February 5th 07 11:46 PM
by mikey31 Go to last post
7 180
No audio device found by Demi
Well, I've spent days trying to get sound on vista and I'm still unsucessful. Hopefully, someone can help. I'll summarize my situation. 1. Installed the final version of Vista Ultimate 32bit on a new harddrive on my system. (nothing like a clean install). I still have my old HD in there as a slave and by changing the boot drive in my BIOS I can easily revert back to my XP just in case I...
February 5th 07 11:48 PM
by Demi Go to last post
3 161
Intel 915 and Aero by mikey31
Device manager under system devices it shows an Intel 915G -- mikey31 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mikey31's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=21662 View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=536211 http://forums.techarena.in
February 6th 07 01:05 AM
by mikey31 Go to last post
0 168
is there a compatible devices list for Vista by larune
I installed Vista (Beta then upgraded to RTM). Sound card no loger working (it is Voyetra TB Santa Cruz). I could wait and hope for a driver, Sound card upgrades aren't so expensive, but ones I looked at don't say if they are Vista friendly. Is there a compatible device list somewhere? and wouldn't that be a good idea?
February 6th 07 01:42 AM
by Roy Coorne Go to last post
3 230
Upgrade options after Vista install? by Jarol
I have Vista Business sitting on my desk and I'm dying to install it on my PC. But I must know about a question that has been nagging me. Microsoft has decreed that you may only do enough hardware upgrades to your PC before Vista determines you need to buy another license. The EULA was changed halfway through beta so I'm not sure at all anymore. My question is, can I upgrade my CPU and add...
February 6th 07 02:15 AM
by Jarol Go to last post
3 182
ATI PCI-E X16 Video card support DX10 by Xiyangfangzi
Who knows that which ATI PCI-E X16 Video card support DX10?
February 6th 07 02:34 AM
by JW Go to last post
1 174
Mobility Radeon 9600/ATI Chipset Code 43; Fast Writes...? by Melchiz
Okay, so this has been killing me and I haven't been able to find much help elsewhere (ATI, HP, and Microsoft were all quite stubborn). Here is the issue: I'm sure you're all aware of it. The Code 43 in device manager with several ATI cards which are supposed to be supported. So, what gives? Judging from my research, I've reached the following: My AGP drivers are probably to blame, but guess...
February 6th 07 03:29 AM
by Melchiz Go to last post
0 173
modem problem by thumper380
was wondering if anyone knows which modem works with vista. asking cause i livein the boonies and only have dial up LOL,,,i havea us robotics modem but vista shuts it down shortly after setup....so would like to know what modem will work with vista Thanks
February 6th 07 03:51 AM
by dev Go to last post
1 195
Ultimate 64-bit: Drivers installed, but no sound by wap-190
I don't know wether this is a problem caused by Windows or the Creative driver (Audigy 2 ZS). I have installed the newest driver from the Creative site and everything looks fine, but there is no sound coming out of the speakers. I really don't know why it's not working, most people with a similar configuration have at least stereo sound. I tried almost everything .... Are there other people...
February 6th 07 03:53 AM
by jacko Go to last post
1 198
Speaker fader controls-where in Vista? by Hooke
Intel D865PERL m/board with integrated SoundMax 5.1 audio. Where do I find the left/right, front/back, center, sub volume controls in Vista? I could set up the speakers for 5.1 by right click on volume control in task bar Sounds Playback tab click on Speakers and click configure. I could set for 5.1 and tested all ok (sound coming from all speakers). When I go into Windows Media...
February 6th 07 04:38 AM
by Hooke Go to last post
0 165
Default Device for Burn Icon in Folder View by SifuGreg
Oh, I just love new operating systems and feeling like a nube all over again. My system has 1 CD burner and 1 DVD burner. Although I can use the "send to" or drag-and-drop methods for burning DVD's I'd like to be able to change the little Burn icon on the menu bar in Vista Foldier View. Anybody know where that setting is? -- Greg Fishback
February 6th 07 04:47 AM
by SifuGreg Go to last post
0 178
drivers problems vista SMC2802W by DC
I have the same problem view network 1 of 3 time imposible to connect :( EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com
February 6th 07 06:20 AM
by DC Go to last post
0 191
HAL error by elmoono
Hi, asked a few days back but no responses. Getting the following in event viewer window logs/system: Source: HAL Event ID1 Initialization of the High Precision Event Timer failed due to a BIOS configuration problem. The operating system will use another available platform timer in lieu of the High Precision Event Timer. Level: warning.
February 6th 07 06:50 AM
by elmoono Go to last post
0 194
Microsoft Brand Media Center Remote and IR Receiver Vista Issues by DoosaiWolf
I have been experiencing problems with the Media Center Remote and IR Receiver in Vista Home Premium Edition. I have tried various Power Setting configurations and no matter what it seems that the IR Receiver is way too sensative in Vista Home Premium Edition... (It worked just fine for me before in XP MCE 2005 Update 2!) I have the actual Microsoft Remote and IR Receiver as well as the...
February 6th 07 07:11 AM
by DoosaiWolf Go to last post

From The