wireless gamig reciever for windows by Chris
i have a wireless gaming reciever that i bought back when i had vista home premium. worked fine, played thru halo 2 almost all the way thru. then i upgraded to vista home premium 64x and havent been able to get it to work yet. have tried installing/unistalling 20 or so times and updating it at the website, but no luck at all. anybody have any ideas or has there been a fix for this yet?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 13th 08 08:17 PM
by gothaggis Go to last post
21 309
DVD-RW won't read disk by Chris
I have a DVD-RW drive that I have used to record several CDs and DVDs. Recently one of the DVDs will not open, the drive is reading it as a blank disc. When I insert it in the drive, after a few seconds the Blank Disc Options menu pops up. When I go to My Computer and click on the F Drive, it reads the disk and then says "No Files". But when I first go to my computer and look at the F...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 2nd 08 04:09 PM
by Jeff Go to last post
10 354
Internal Speakers work but not headphone jack by Chris
The little pop-up shows me that it detects I've plugged in my headphones, everything else seems to work, but no sound comes out my headphones. I've tried multilpe headphones and tried hooking it to external speakers. Nothing comes out. Does anyone know where the headphone jack would be controlled? I have a ACER Aspire laptop. Much Thanks!!!
October 24th 07 08:44 PM
by Computer & Sound System Expert Go to last post
1 43
Plantronics headset/mic not working by Chris
Have a new Plantronics headset/mic and the mic is not working. when i first started using the headset, i would plug the mic into the mic jack and Vista would ask me what to do with it. I'd select "Mic" and it would work fine. Now when i plug it in, the headphones work fine but the mic doesn't. Also, Vista does not do what i described above. Is there a way to go search for what's plugged...
July 27th 07 11:38 AM
by freddy Go to last post
1 72
Mouse disappearing by Chris
I am using vista and every so often my mouse pointer disappears from the centre of the screen but you can still see it around the edges of the screen, I have tried a couple of different mouses but still does the same, any ideals -- chris
August 2nd 07 03:42 AM
by gjh Go to last post
2 94
Windows Mobile device can't access Internet when connected to Vist by Chris
I recently stopped using my Windows Mobile 5 device on my Windows XP PC...and started using the device on my Windows Vista PC. When the device was in its cradle and the cradle was connected to my WinXP PC, the device was able to access the Internet. Now that the cradle is connected to my Vista PC, however, the device can no longer access the Internet. Any idea what might be causing...
July 9th 07 02:50 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 77
Stuck in 800x600 with 4bit color with 8800 gts!! by Chris
Hey all...I have been so frustrated the past few days. I just set up my new computer a few days ago. I installed windows xp and everything worked perfectly...I then used the vista upgrade that i got free when i purchased xp (it was a deal on newegg a few months ago) Vista installed fine but I have been stuck in 800x600 with 4bit color. I have installed the latest drivers several times, both...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 1st 07 02:10 PM
by freddy Go to last post
17 200
Memory less than that installed by Chris
When I look at the system from the control panel it shows I have 3324Gb of RAM yet when I look at the system BIOS it shows I have 4Gb installed, which I do. When I look at the RAM on my Windows XP laptop it shows 512 Mb of RAM which is correct. What gives?
May 11th 07 11:15 PM
by Chris Go to last post
2 57
cd/dvd doesn't burn useing window explorer (drag & drop) by Chris
Hi, I can burn a cd/dvd with programs like itunes, remo, etc. But if I want to do something simple like drag and drop pictures onto a new dvd it doesn't work. Any advise? Thanks, Chris
May 3rd 07 04:56 AM
by Chris Go to last post
0 62
USB Ports not working by Chris
Okay, I had a linux computer, but i upgraded it to vista home basic. Now I try to plug in my usb wireless adapter, and nothing happened. No lights, nothing. I tried with my usb pen, to see if that worked. I tried it in all the ports. Nothing. I checked the BIOS, and set it to recognise plug and play devices. Still nothing. Is there something I am missing?
April 13th 07 12:42 PM
by Malke Go to last post
2 70
IPod Shuffle by Chris
I am still using RC1 and I cannot get the Itunes 7.02 to work with the new shuffle. Can anyone tell me if the software and Shuffle works in the RTM? Or will I have to hope that Apple updates the software.
January 11th 07 03:26 AM
by Carlo Razzeto Go to last post
6 109
HP Photosmart C-5180 by Chris
I am looking for printer drivers for HP Photosmart printers. Can someone point me to a location? And specifically looking for the C-5180. Thanks Chris
October 1st 06 10:39 PM
by Chris Go to last post
0 121
HP Photosmart Printer C-5180 by Chris
Can someone point me to the location for the HP Photosmart printer drivers; specifically the C-5180? Thanks. Chris
October 2nd 06 12:17 AM
by BChat Go to last post
4 93
Dell Axim - no love? by Chris Barnes
Ok, it's not a spring chicken. But neither is it ready to be bronzed and thrown away. It's a Dell Axim X5, running PocketPC v 3.0. would sync PERFECTLY w/ WinXP, using AS4.5. But now Vista is simply rude and tells me that WM versions older than 2003 are unsupported???
May 4th 07 03:41 PM
by Chris Barnes Go to last post
5 65
SOLVED: SigmaTel Audio problem in Windows Vista Ultimate by Chris Benton
This applies to Dell systems that use the on-board SigmaTel audio device, particularly XPS systems, but it may work for others, as well. When I upgraded from XP to Vista Home Premium, my sound worked fine. Running the Anytime Upgrade from Home Premium to Ultimate, however, knocked out my sound. Here's what I did to fix it: --Go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel. Uninstall anything that...
March 6th 07 01:02 AM
by Chris Benton Go to last post
0 103
DVD R/RW drive no longer reading discs after Vista upgrade by Chris Benton
I just completed a Dell Express Vista Upgrade from Win XP SP2 Media Center Edition to Windows Vista Home Premium. Since doing so, my DVD R/RW drive will not read any discs I put in it. The drive will spin like crazy, and the light will come on, but it will not read either CDs or DVDs. When I try to browse the contents of the disc in "Computer", I'm prompted to insert a disc, and the drive...
December 1st 08 04:32 AM
by Han Solo Go to last post
1 161
Windows Mobile Device Center by Chris Cordodor
Does anyone know the status of the Windows Mobile Device Center? The ActiveSync page says that this will be the replacement for ActiveSync in Windows Vista. When is the projected release date?
October 18th 06 09:39 PM
by Chris Cordodor Go to last post
2 115
USB device "can perform faster" by Chris Cowles
I have Vista Ultimate installed on a Dell Dimension 4600 with 2.5GB RAM. It has USB ports on both the front and rear. Occasionally Vista tells me my USB connection can perform faster and shows a display with "Intel 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller" and "Intel 82801 USB2 Enhanced Host Controller", "Generic USB Hub" and similar descriptions. Apparently I have stuff (primarily, my external...
August 1st 07 03:02 AM
by Spirit Go to last post
1 70
Linksys Wireless-G Support RC1 5600 - Answers by Chris Darr
this comment was created for anyone having the same problem as me. If you are using a Linksys Wireless Adapter product (it does not matter which one), you Will NOT BE ABLE TO GO WIRELESS using the 64BIT OS, this is under no Circumstances! this is a LINKSYS problem, PLEASE do not be so NAIVE, and blame this on Microsoft, if microsoft does come out with a fix for this good for them. But...
October 2nd 06 11:43 PM
by Chris Darr Go to last post
2 117
Belkin Pre-N Wireless Desktop Adapter by Chris Hilton
Does anyone have drivers for the Belkin Pre-N Wireless Desktop Adapter under Vista (RC1), or know how to get this card working? -- Chris
September 12th 06 06:16 PM
by Chris Hilton Go to last post

From The