Buffalo WLI-U2-KG54-AI Wlan usb card support! by eeansa
Hi, I have WLAN USB card mentioned in subject. I can't get it to work in Vista Home Premium even after installing Ralink's Windows Vista drivers. After installation of those drivers, it is listed when manually browsing available drivers. Problem is that after plugging it in I can only see mass storage device, in which drivers for previous Windows versions are, not the actual WLAN side. Any...
February 6th 07 08:21 AM
by eeansa Go to last post
0 184
ReadyBoost - Can the USB drive be left in the system for restart? by Tony
Why do you need to re-plug the USB again? You just leave the USB disk there and set up the readyboost for once, then everytime you reboot it, it uses readyboost automatically. "HeyD" ???? ... Hey, The question is, can the USB drive or for that matter any flash drive be left in the computer and have ReadyBoost just see it...
February 6th 07 08:30 AM
by Byron Hinson Go to last post
1 213
Uninstalled network adapter immediately re-installs by Dougal
Can anyone explain why, when uninstalling a network adapter class device, the OS immediately reinstalls it. Sometimes even while the uninstall is still in progress? Furthermore, does anyone know how to stop this from happening? It doesn't appear to happen with any other device class - just network adapters. Uninstalling any other class makes it's instance disappear from Device Manager. With...
February 6th 07 11:28 AM
by Dougal Go to last post
3 163
Microsoft Wireless Mouse 6000 Scrolling in Quicken 2005 under Vista Ultimate by David A. Lessnau
I just replaced my Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 (mouse & keyboard) with a Logitech Cordless Desktop because 1) I hated the Desktop 6000 keyboard, and 2) Microsoft's Intellimouse software prevented Vista Ultimate from activating the screensaver with that mouse. After making the change, I noticed that the mouse-wheel scrolling problem I'd been having in Quicken 2005 Premier had also...
February 6th 07 02:15 PM
by David A. Lessnau Go to last post
0 168
USB drives are not installed by Web Design & Traduzioni (Lefèbvre)
Hi everybody, I'm an italian webdesigner and I installed Windows Vista Business last week (as un update from XP Pro). Before update, I transfer all files on usb drives (Maxtor 3200 and Samsung USB pendrive). But now Vista is not able to find drivers for these and I can't work. Does someone know what to do (maxtor and samsung have no vista drivers). Win XP never asked me for drivers (it was...
February 6th 07 03:43 PM
by Giorgio Go to last post
4 199
***Ready Boost Gotcha*** by Richard Urban
This is an informational post. If you don't use Ready Boost, in a dual boot situation, there is no reason to read further. Parameters: 2 gig of PC3200 Crucial RAM 2 gig Ready Boost enhanced SanDisk Micro (no U3 capabilities) I was noticing yesterday (Sunday) that Ready Boost did not seem to be doing anything, as opposed to actually seeing a decrease in application load time
February 6th 07 04:11 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
1 179
ATI graphics drivers for Vista by Diamontina Cocktail
In case you dont know, www.ati.com has Vista drivers.
February 6th 07 04:29 PM
by Chris Go to last post
5 212
Can't increase brightness on SONY VAIO using Vista by V1ST40WN5
I have downloaded all the updates to the drivers and such and I still can't turn up/down my brightness. It's on the lowest brightness right now and I can't turn it up! It's so annoying! Anyone know what to do?
February 6th 07 04:30 PM
by Giorgio Go to last post
1 186
Optical drives with Vista by SDR
Everything was running great on as Asus P5B Deluxe / E6600 with Vista Home Premium when my Plextor PX-755SA DVD burner stopped working. Pulled it out and replaced it with an older IDE Plextor CD burner and the same thing. Tried an other IDE DVD drive and still no go. So appartantly the SATA Plextor isn't the problem, it must be the Asus motherboard or some Vista drivers. Anybody shed some...
February 6th 07 06:14 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
5 190
Vodafone 3G Broadband Modem- Vista by Brendan Tierney
I cant't get this to work with Vista although it's fine with WXP. Are there any known problems here?
February 6th 07 06:20 PM
by Brendan Tierney Go to last post
0 195
Drivers for Vista 64-bit Ultimate by Ben
I am having trouble with my audio driver. The names as they appear on the vista scan are "ATI SMBus (by ATI Technologies)" and " AC97 Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP (by CXT). I have tried to find compatable drivers, but have had to success. I also get a "no audio output device installed" warning. What ahouls I do?!
February 6th 07 06:43 PM
by Ben Go to last post
2 212
Windows Mobile Device Center Problems and Missing Features by ppericles
Hello Everybody. I have Windows Vista Ultimate and Office 2007 (Retail). My PDA is an iPAQ6915. I have installed Windows Media Device Center (RTM) and I face the following problems: 1. The synchronization with outlook is not always done (no error messages). Specifically, when adding new appointments to my outlook calendar and my PDA is on its cradle, there are occassions when not all of them...
February 6th 07 07:14 PM
by ppericles Go to last post
0 164
Asus P5L-MX audio driver for Vista x86 by Eric
I have a cd that worked with xp, but wont work with vista, it says the OS is not supported, does anyone know where I can get 1?
February 6th 07 07:23 PM
by ikkaruss Go to last post
8 177
Missing HD Audio driver by henrik
After one week with no sound on my Vista MCE I am starting to get a bit frustrated... I have the Intel 915P chip on a multicenter, and all drivers etc. were proven problem-free with Vista. But when I install I get the following: - 10-15 unknown devices in Device Manager - Found new hardware wizard from the hardware above (looking for HD Audio Bus Modem driver!?!?!)
February 6th 07 07:45 PM
by henrik Go to last post
0 177
Device not recognized in Device Manager by rice
Hi, all: I'm using a BenQ S73G laptop so everythiing is built-in. While I was using XP home, everything was fine. Now that I installed Vista Business, one device in device manager can not be recognized, and I have absolutely no idea what that device is. I've tried updating using both windows update and my own driver CD from the vendor but still can't solve the problem. The following are...
February 6th 07 08:12 PM
by John Pauk Go to last post
2 216
hardware autoplay options........ by Craig Williamson
Hello, I have been using my video capture device with no problems using Windows Vista Ultimate until a few days ago. Now, when I turn my device windows finds it like it should but I don't get the window that pops up asking me what options I want to use. It used to ask me every time. I went to Default Programs and set it to ask me every time as it was set before but nothing happens. I've tried...
February 6th 07 08:28 PM
by PB Henry Go to last post
3 208
Can anyone interpret this Stop Error? by JonnyBravo
I’ve upgraded to Vista Ultimate, and when using the burn to CD or DVD, I get the following stop error: STOP 0X00000124 (0X00000000, 0X855B2A10, 0X00000000, 0X00000000) I currently don’t have any other burning software. My computer is from DELL (XPS 600) And my DVD writer is a PHILIPS DVD+-RW DVD8801 ATA. I can’t seem to find any drivers for this on the Dell site or the...
February 6th 07 09:12 PM
by koze Go to last post
2 177
Compatible TV Tuners? by Brian Reading
I'm looking to build a custom machine to work as a standalone media center using my television running on Windows Vista. The problem is that for the life of me, I can't find a list of compatible TV Tuners for Vista. I'd like to use Windows Media Center, but since I'm on a budget, I wanted to buy used. I'm thinking about buying an ATI All-in-Wonder card, but can anyone tell me just how old...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 6th 07 10:36 PM
by hobojoe_2006 Go to last post
10 320
Logitech Laser Mouse Freezes on Startup by DiNozzo
Hello, Every other time I turn on the computer, my Logitech mouse/cursor is frozen. I have ti unplug the USB cable and plug it back in to make the mouse function again. It seems to be a driver issue, but I have downloaded the latest update from Logitech. I'm not sure what the issue is now...
February 6th 07 11:33 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 154
Intel Pro/1000 PT Server Adapter Problem by Drivel
Hi, I have tried both Vista 32-bit and 64-bit with the PROSET 11.2 drivers, but I always get "Limited Connection" problem and unable find anything on the network. The connection is directly to a D-Link 8-port gigabit switch (have tried with another switch: Planex SW-0208G, but same problem), where the network consists of a few network printers and a linux router. Is there any way to let me...
February 7th 07 12:15 AM
by Drivel Go to last post

From The