  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
February 23rd 07 03:09 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
4 276
SD Card "write-protected" by Andreas Y.
All of a sudden, my HP laptop cannot write to any of my sd cards. It says they are write-protected although they are not. I can write to my cards on cameras but not on my laptop. I have tried the trick with the tape but it doesn't work as it seems the trouble is on the laptop. I have tons of stuff on my laptop and it's big trouble to restore it. Is it actually Windows issue or hardware?
October 24th 08 03:24 AM
by Andreas Y. Go to last post
0 276
iPod Shuffle Kill PC by Lorin[_2_]
Fairly new Vista Ultimate PS, 32bit 4GRam QUAD 2.4GHz INTEL Got iPod shuffle as job exit gift. Plugged iPod shuffle in after downloading and installing iTunes. Plug in iPod shuffle and the PC mouse and keyboard is locked up. Nothing works. Things running keep running but cannot interact with them. Unplug iPod Shuffle and still locked.
November 7th 08 03:46 AM
by scousa4lyf Go to last post
1 276
cannot read updated cd of pictures by hjr007
I have been creating/updating a cd with pics of our new grandson. I have over 120 pics. i H=have been adding to this cd on regular basis. My wife then goes and has them printed. Last week I copied down 4 pics and she went to print them off. The machine (s) at walmart this time would not read the cd. So I tried to read the cd and have the same problem. The way I copy the pics is to load in...
May 13th 09 07:18 AM
by hjr007 Go to last post
0 276
Blutooth suddenly stopped working by Pumpiron579
Shortly after I installed Vista Service Pack 2, My bluetooth will not work. I use it all the time to transfer files from my PC to my PPC. somehow it got corrupted. Check out the picture, it will not select next to pair with any Bluetooth device? +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Capture.JPG | |Download:...
July 1st 09 11:37 PM
by trouble Go to last post
2 276
dedicated disk, dedicated server by Stephane
hi, can somebody tell me what's the meaning of a decated disk, and dedicated server? thanks in advance Stephane.
July 4th 09 04:31 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 276
ATI FireGL V5200 laptop graphics chip heating question?? by Crunch[_4_]
Folks, Hi everyone! I am really desperate for a answer to this riddle. I hope you guys can respond even if you have suggestions "only"...doesn't matter. I've solved many problems for friends and myself that way! :-) I feel like I'm standing in front of the solution, but can't see it. :-(((( Alright, so I have a Thinkpad T60p with the stats in the signature. I put the T7600 and the Atheros...
July 7th 09 04:50 AM
by Crunch[_4_] Go to last post
0 276
Volume control gone from taskbar by Barry[_9_]
Am not skillful, but would like volume control returned to taskbar. Currently have volume, but it is too loud.If you can fix it, tell me how. Remember I am NOT skillfull. --- frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices/
February 17th 10 06:07 PM
by Barry[_9_] Go to last post
0 276
Did I just turn off my CD/DVD drive? by Bagelman
I had just got done fending off a virus on my computer (vista home premium, 32bit). Had to uninstall/reinstall QuickBooks because it wasn't working. I also went through and cleaned up everything I could from the computer, and turned off anything I thought was unneccessary. QB got through with the installation, but is not on my computer anywhere (I've checked everything I know how to check), and...
March 10th 10 01:26 PM
by Bagelman Go to last post
0 276
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Network - Realtek RTL8139/810x Famil by memphisking
my driver was updated but i still can't install it on my computer. so how will i install it to my computer
September 29th 08 07:24 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT] Go to last post
2 276
Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 problem by Tom
Hello, I bought the Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 one month ago and installed it using this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952818/en-us Everything was fine for a month, until yesterday, when I simply couldn't move the mouse. I replaced the batteries but it didn't work. I tried to add the mouse again, but Vista can't seem to recognize it. I gave the mouse to my friend, and his...
March 12th 09 07:46 AM
by sahome[_2_] Go to last post
8 276
Difference between actual/reported RAM by Peter
When I had 2gb of RAM Windows reported 1.86gb. I just doubled it to 4gb and it shows in the BIOS as 4gb but in Windows only 2.85gb. I realise that it's probably being eaten alive by my video and TV-FM cards plus other parerphernalia but isn't that loss a bit much? Is there anything I can do to improve matters or should I just ignore it? -- Peter Toronto, Canada XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista...
March 1st 07 03:48 AM
by Steve Jain Go to last post
6 276
Device connections via bluetooth or USB in Windows Vista Home prem by buyslake
I am having lots of problems with Windows Vista. I havea Stowaway think outside bluetooth mouse. It connects to Windows Vista but does not work. I also have a HP Ipaq 6945 pocket pc, it will connect to the laptop but I can not see it in the computer anyway, not in windows explorer, nor windows mobile device center, nor sync center. Why are my devices connecting but nothing is working! ...
February 28th 07 02:57 PM
by buyslake Go to last post
0 276
Vista worth it? by dev
/Scott Thomas/ said: Given the massive upgrades that I've been reading about, is it really worth it to upgrade to Vista? Some of the upgrades people are talking about here cost +/- $1000 just to be able to run an untested Operating System. Is it really worth it? That is a subjective decision. For many, it is not worth it at this time. If a PC that is more than
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 2nd 07 01:36 AM
by Roy Coorne Go to last post
14 276
Microphone Sound by WhiTeSnaK
I have Vista Ultimate. I cannot get the MIC to work. I go thru the Creative SB X-Fi program on the Taskbar, go thru the procedure. but nothing works. Anyone got any ideas? ThanksWS
January 4th 10 02:43 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
7 276
Slow DVD/CD access by NoCarsGo
I have just built a new system and after much trouble setting things up everything is finally running. The problem is, while my DVD drives are working, it is taking a LONG time for vista to access them making it virtually impossible to install any software/drivers from disc. When trying to access any information, the system will usually hang for 5-10 minutes before accessing the drive for 20...
September 1st 08 09:39 AM
by cmacatini[_2_] Go to last post
3 276
Error Code 43 on ATI by Carlyn
I'm very frustrated... my subscore for graphics is 1.0 and it's telling me I don't have any memory set aside for graphics. So, I go and try to update that, and it tells me that I have the suggested device for my system. I then go to the properties of that device (ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series) and it tells me this "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"...
March 27th 08 03:08 AM
by Carlyn Go to last post
1 276
Vista freezes after Windows Update (crcdisk.sys, LAN, bios) by [email protected]
This is a public service announcement to help solve what appears to be a common problem but that ASUS and Microsoft don't seem to care about. APPLIES TO ASUS F3S series Notebooks SYMPTOMS Machine was working fine until a Windows Update caused machine to
March 31st 08 10:53 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
5 276
Question
Looking for updated driver for Samsung 910t by Silverwulf58
I have just updated to a windows Vista OS on my computer and discovered some of the limitations with hardware. I can no longer use my current printer and my monitor is not recognized by its brand or model so the dirver is generic. Does anyone know of Vista drivers for a Samsung 910t monitor? Thanks.
August 25th 08 01:53 AM
by peter Go to last post
1 276
vista ultimate 64bit with DiNovo Mini ? by ultimatex64bit
Hello,i was wondering if any one knows if the DiNovo Mini works with vista ultimate 64bit ? as i just bought one and was googling about it and have read a few people saying it dosent,im so upset as ive paid for it now and cant return it. Please advice,:confused: -- ultimatex64bit
March 12th 10 10:15 PM
by ultimatex64bit Go to last post

From The