Maximum Drive Size Allowable? by Mr.DOug
I've got a Vista 64bit Ultimate machine with an Adaptec RAID card in it. I've tried several array sizes even a (RAID0 4TB), but the maximum that Vista displays in Disk Management is 2TB. Whuddup with that?
November 7th 08 02:39 PM
by SCSIraidGURU Go to last post
2 364
Vista 64 and Logitech G7 Mouse... by AstaLaVista
After reading a bunch of threads here and somewhere else, I found out that the only way for some of my G7 mouse button options to work under Crysis was to make my G7 mouse run as an admininistrator, I did that and it worked perfect but now, everytime I restart or reboot Vista, I have to go to the obnoxious process of allowing and comfirming to Vista that I want to run the mouse as an admin. Is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 7th 08 08:05 AM
by daflyinpig Go to last post
11 539
iPod Shuffle Kill PC by Lorin[_2_]
Fairly new Vista Ultimate PS, 32bit 4GRam QUAD 2.4GHz INTEL Got iPod shuffle as job exit gift. Plugged iPod shuffle in after downloading and installing iTunes. Plug in iPod shuffle and the PC mouse and keyboard is locked up. Nothing works. Things running keep running but cannot interact with them. Unplug iPod Shuffle and still locked.
November 7th 08 03:46 AM
by scousa4lyf Go to last post
1 276
Price vs. Performance by Vista Newbie
I am shopping around for an external USB hard disk drive. When I compare several models, most, if not all, specify the speed as "Up to 480 Mb/sec". I know this is a theoretical maximum but I am trying to ascertain what criteria to use to determine what the best value is. For example, I am interested in a 320GB drive. My laptop: Windows Vista Home Premium x64 Intel Core 2 Duo T9300...
November 6th 08 07:40 PM
by Mike[_35_] Go to last post
2 279
bsod Vista bios not fully acpi compliant - xp works by dspro
bsod Vista bios inot fully acpi compliant hi i recived the bsod while useing xp as vista x64 wont work with traktor and my midi controler and that was the program that caused the pc to crash and the bsod now every time i try to load vista it comes up with this http://www.dialadealer.co.uk/05112008435.jpg] xp works fine as this is how i am posting this
November 6th 08 06:13 PM
by dspro Go to last post
2 685
Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2000 stops responding by Michael K.[_2_]
Hi all, After switching users or logging off my mouse (Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2000) simply does not respond. The only way to recover is by unplugging the receiver's USB cable and re-inserting it again. I did all the steps described in this article (http:// support.microsoft.com/kb/321122/en-us) but it didn't help. I also installed the IntelliPoint software but again no luck.
November 6th 08 05:58 PM
by Vista Newbie Go to last post
1 315
Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K17A ATA not reading anything, where do i start to look to fix this? by craigbenham
I am trying to fix a problem on my dad's laptop (a Toshiba, running vista home premium) the laptop is having difficulty recognising that there is a cd or dvd in the drive. it tries to read something, you can see some sort of progress on the top bar in computer but then it asks you to insert a disk. i think the dvd drive is a PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K17A ATA Device or possibly a TOSHIBA MK1237GSX ATA...
November 6th 08 11:11 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
5 369
Video card advice by Dick[_3_]
I need some advice on a video card for my system. I currently have a Gateway GT5657E w/ 3 GB ram and a built-in nVidia 6150SE. The 6150SE provides all the graphic power that I need. However, I do a lot of web design work and programming work. What I would like to do is have 2 monitors so that I can have the source/development environment on one monitor and the other could be running the...
November 5th 08 08:17 PM
by andy Go to last post
4 304
monitor update failed by monitor update failed
ok i got windows vista 64 bit, and a hp w2207 wide lcd monitor. windows says that there is an update (hp - bus controllers and ports, display - hp w2207 wide lcd monitor), but everytime i run it, it says failed access denied error code 80070005. can any1 help me ?? and yes i am signed on the administrator account. thank you
November 5th 08 02:32 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
9 302
Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown by moonraker
My Gateway GM5410 is experiencening the same shutdown problems. As long as I move the mouse every two or three minutes it is fine. If I don't move the mouse for 5 or 10 minutes, it shuts down with the Blue Screen of Death then comes back up with the message Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown. -- moonraker
November 4th 08 09:44 PM
by moonraker Go to last post
0 298
no audio output device installed by Shayne
I have an Intel MB d946gzis whith a Sigma Tel High Definition Audio Codecd ver 6.10.5405.0, it worked initially not the speaker in the bottom right says, "no audio output device installed" I have uninstalled it, and re booted, it re installs but not success. BTW i'm running Vista Business on core 2 duo 1.66 mhz w/2gb kingston memory. Where do I go from her, the Sound used to work quite...
November 4th 08 07:57 PM
by nao Go to last post
5 275
Is the BTX motherboard Dead ? by Jasper[_4_]
I have not heard much about this or have I seen any BTX parts out there. This thought just came to mind.
November 4th 08 07:16 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
1 910
poss solution to generic volume and usb drive problems by GDS
was having a hell of a time trying to get my Vista x64 system to recognize all of my card readers and my usb hubs. For the USB hubs it would recognize 2gig or less flash drives but nothing over that and when I opened "my computer" I didn't see the typical list of all the 'virtual drives' I was used to seeing. I tried redoing the INFCACHE.1 trick, and edited my registry to point to system32...
November 4th 08 01:05 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
1 351
DVD Writer will not burn by Joseph Macari
I built a new box, with Vista64. My DVD writer (LG Super Multi, Model GH22NP20) will read DVD's, CD's, etc., but will not burn DVD's (using Vista app, not other software). My previous box had no problems performing burn tasks (Phillips DVD burner). Could the problem be the media I am using, i.e., it is 4x, LG burner lowest write speed is 6x., or could it possibly be a bad drive. Any help...
November 4th 08 12:16 PM
by Joseph Macari Go to last post
7 333
generic volume poss solution failure see flashdrives/usb ports/rea by GDS
was having a hell of a time trying to get my Vista x64 system to recognize all of my card readers and my usb hubs. For the USB hubs it would recognize 2gig or less flash drives but nothing over that and when I opened "my computer" I didn't see the typical list of all the 'virtual drives' I was used to seeing. I tried redoing the INFCACHE.1 trick, and edited my registry to point to system32...
November 4th 08 07:59 AM
by GDS Go to last post
0 285
Generic Volume drivers by Paul
I recently added a second tv tuner card to my system and had trouble installing the drivers for it (their .inf file had the wrong subID) but while working on this problem, my 9 in 1 internal card reader got messed up. It has 1 USB thumb drive port and the other 8 slots are for camera cards. The USB port works fine but the others do not and looking in Device Manager, I see the yellow marks next...
November 4th 08 07:55 AM
by GDS Go to last post
1 289
found a solution to get my flash drives/card reader/usb ports seen by GDS
I was having a hell of a time trying to get my Vista x64 system to recognize all of my card readers and my usb hubs. For the USB hubs it would recognize 2gig or less flash drives but nothing over that and when I opened "my computer" I didn't see the typical list of all the 'virtual drives' I was used to seeing. I tried redoing the INFCACHE.1 trick, and edited my registry to point to system32...
November 4th 08 07:52 AM
by GDS Go to last post
0 261
Vista Error 711 by Josh
I have a Gateway and have been trying to install a Verizon USB Modem. I keep getting Error 711. I have tried changing the startup for all the recommended services. Plug and Play won't let me change anything and the Remote Access Auto Connection Manager won't start. Any help would be appreciated.
November 4th 08 07:38 AM
by Snidley W. Go to last post
6 305
Western Digital Problem by HtenneK29
I recently purchased a new laptop through Sager, a NP9262. I have a Western Digital 320GB passport USB external hard drive. The external hard drive worked great when I used with my old machine (it had Windows XP), but for some reason it is not working with my new machine (it has Vista Home Premium 64). I also have a Western Digital Elements 250GB external hard (with its own power supply) that...
November 4th 08 04:46 AM
by HtenneK29 Go to last post
8 276
Memory Card slots not recognized by michaellea
All of a sudden the media card reader slots do not appear in "My Compute" I looked at device manager and they are not there either, there are 3 and none show, The USB still works fine. I have searched everywhere for answers and have no luck. I tried different cards and same story. Help! anyone -- michaellea
November 3rd 08 10:34 PM
by michaellea Go to last post

From The