  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Computer not detecting USB Flash Drives by Cyllax
I recently rebuilt most of my computer and upgraded to windows Vista and now my computer won't detect my USB flash drives. I know the USB ports are working because my mouse is USB and it works fine. I've tried uninstalling the USB drivers and letting them reinstall but that didn't work at all. What else should i be trying? --
April 27th 09 11:46 PM
by tanuj_chadha[_8_] Go to last post
8 431
computer not responding by david75214
I am using Vista home premium. When i put a DVD-RW in e drive and right click to erase it, it it just keeps running. When I pull up task manager it says computer not responding. Any ideas out there? -- Thanks for the help. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I...
December 29th 07 11:11 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
1 130
Computer Not Shutting Down by technician06[_2_]
We come across this situation when we try to shut down the notebook even after clicking the shutdown button in windows Vista environment. Vista is one of the highly secured operating System. It has several restrictions to send or receive the Information from the Computer. Here is the weblink which help you to resolve this issue. 'notebooktechnician - Notebook is not shutting down--vista...
May 23rd 08 03:10 AM
by technician06[_4_] Go to last post
3 170
Computer Reboots after installing a CD/DVD by aaron1
After installing Vista I have not been able to utilize my CD/DVD player installed in the computer. Upon installing a CD the computer flashes a blue screen and begins to restart the system. After restarting they computer continually goes through the same process of restarting itself. Thanks in advance for any help.
July 27th 07 04:20 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 134
Computer restarts and things go to default by Shalaylee1021
I have had this problem for over two or three weeks now. I normally just let my computer sleep, but sometimes it needs to be restarted for whatever reason. When it gets shut down or restarted, it's like it goes back to the default settings, or a temporary account. My background has changed, the DELL support welcome screen pops up, any settings for the computer I have manually set are back...
July 22nd 08 09:28 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
2 172
Computer shuts down. by Kristoffer
Hello! I just wanted to ask why this is, a friend of mine has a computer, its not vista doubt. It just Windows XP. So, it shuts down without any error or anything, I mean like your surfing on the web and the computer shutsdown and restarts, what can the issue with this be? I mean, it just turns off, without any warning, It turns pitchblack and the computer turns on agian. I helpt him...
June 22nd 09 06:37 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
6 343
Computer thinks hardware is connected by David
I have no hardware connected to my laptop (no printers, flash drives, iPods, etc.), but the computer keeps making the "safely remove hardware" beep every few minutes. The icon to do this quickly appears on the bottom taskbar for a second. I was able to catch it and open it, but it shows no hardware. How can I stop the comoputer from thinking something is attached?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 24th 08 12:06 AM
by Beth Sexton[_2_] Go to last post
13 248
Computer won't detect mp3 player by Konachi
Few days ago my mp3 player wouldn't synchronize to my computer so I went to see whats wrong.. I've checked with the manufacturers knowledge base and I got to a part where you have to change something in the registry editor.. I tried to do this but the message I always get is "Unable to save permission changes on USB. Permission is denied." I don't see whats the problem as theres only one...
January 9th 08 06:46 PM
by Konachi Go to last post
5 144
Computer won't sleep by Dave T.[_2_]
HP Pavilion A6009N desktop 3 gigs RAM AMD +64 dual core processor Nvidia 9800GT Graphics Microsoft 1000 wireless keyboard & optical mouse Problem - Computer refuses to go into sleep mode. When I force sleep by clicking the power button on the task bar the computer goes to sleep for about 5 - 20 seconds and then wakes up and stays awake.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 27th 11 01:48 AM
by Albert Cardenas Go to last post
10 2,243
Computer won't start by Jade
( i am not sure if this is the right place to post this...) i downgraded my Vista to an xp a few days ago( due to compatibility reasons) and now it won't start. ( well, the computer boots, but when it reach this blank screen right before sign in, it just stuck there) i tried with a different booting disk/location, and it still won't work. so, any one with any ideas, just shout it out i ned all...
December 27th 07 06:57 PM
by Mac Go to last post
2 158
conexant falcon II ntsc tunercard by dozer1313
conexant falcon II ntsc video capture not working since sp1 vista says no card present,sats its workin fine MC{coaxial cable tv} cant find it front inputs {web cam}wont work found and installed this driver{ http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-47069-2&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3189597&os=2093&lang=en } still nothing any help appreciated
June 9th 08 07:45 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 155
Conexant HD Audio Driver problems by Matthew
I have a brand new HP Pavillion dv9035nr Media Center notebook that I have installed the final release version of Vista Ultimate on. Windows update downloaded and installed the 11/19/06 version of the Conexant HD audio driver but my audio still doesn't work. HP won't help me as they continue to insist the final release version of Vista is not available. ANY help appreciated!
December 19th 06 10:56 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
4 309
Conexant HD audio driver? by Dchen
Hi i just installed windows vista home edition the full version and it appears my audio drivers are not working. I have tried uninstalling them and installing new ones i found on the web yet nothing works. I have tried manually deleting the files then running the setup through device manager or through self setup and nothing works. I had vista beta RC2 and my audio worked fine on there so i...
February 17th 07 10:45 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 206
Conexant HD Audio not working by Scot B.
Greetings, recently went through the Vista upgrade and now the audio is not working on the laptop. Tried updated drivers from HP, and HP tech support, no luck. Couldn't find any workable solutions using Google either. Is anyone else having this issue? If so, have you identified a solution? Thanks for your help.
January 25th 09 09:17 PM
by ryanms Go to last post
6 140
Conexant HDA and a potential cure by James M
OK...thought this may help someone. I have a Toshiba P105 with the Conexant High Definition Audio. Upon installing Vista RC1 I got no sound. At first the driver loaded but I got the Code 10 error stating the driver could not start. After deinstalling the device I could not get the driver installed. I searched all the blogs and news boards. I found a lot of people with the same issue and...
September 30th 06 04:21 PM
by Walker Go to last post
1 165
Conexant PCI 56K Speakerphone Modem Needed Please Help. by Haziman
I've installed Windows Vista and most of my devices work correctly. Unfortunately, my Conexant 56K PCI Speaker Phone Modem doesn't detected. I really want to use that modem but it won't work. From where i could get the driver for vista? Please help me. I'm really in trouble.
March 14th 07 01:15 AM
by DanR Go to last post
2 133
Conexant Sound with RC1 by James M
I have a Toshiba P105 and it was loaded with the Conexant Sound. After the installation of RC1 my sound stopped working. Currently it appears the Microsoft drivers are loaded. It recognizes the device as High Definition Audio. I try to load the Conexant XP drivers an it fails. In device properties this is the following error: This device cannot start. (Code 10) I have searched the web...
January 2nd 07 10:24 AM
by Keith Go to last post
3 136
Conexant Sound with RC1 by James M
I have a Toshiba P105 and it was loaded with the Conexant Sound. After the installation of RC1 my sound stopped working. Currently it appears the Microsoft drivers are loaded. It recognizes the device as High Definition Audio. I try to load the Conexant XP drivers an it fails. In device properties this is the following error: This device cannot start. (Code 10) I have searched the web...
September 14th 06 01:56 AM
by James M Go to last post
0 117
Conexant Sound with RC1 by James M
I have a Toshiba P105 and it was loaded with the Conexant Sound. After the installation of RC1 my sound stopped working. Currently it appears the Microsoft drivers are loaded. It recognizes the device as High Definition Audio. I try to load the Conexant XP drivers an it fails. In device properties this is the following error: This device cannot start. (Code 10) I have searched the web...
September 14th 06 01:55 AM
by James M Go to last post
0 115
Conexant Soung by James M
I have a Toshiba P105 and it was loaded with the Conexant Sound. After the installation of RC1 my sound stopped working. Currently it appears the Microsoft drivers are loaded. It recognizes the device as High Definition Audio. I try to load the Conexant XP drivers an it fails. In device properties this is the following error: This device cannot start. (Code 10) I have searched the web...
September 16th 06 02:54 PM
by James M Go to last post

From The