Aero, three monitors, and 1600 x 1200 by Super1
Can Aero run on 3 monitors at 1600 x 1200? I have tried 4 different video cards, all of them very capable and as soon as I set the 3rd screen (could be any of them) to 1600 x 1200 I loose aero. I am using drivers from the manufacturers website. I am using high quality video cards. Any ideas?
February 7th 07 06:05 PM
by Super1 Go to last post
1 168
Mouse Right click by Rog
in vista premium my right click on the mouse and touch pad don't work on the desktop or Windows explorer. They work in ie7 and outlook 2007. can this be fixed?
February 7th 07 06:56 PM
by Rog Go to last post
0 168
Vista no longer recognizing one of my hard drives. by Lakesidezx
Heres the situation. I had a drive lettered as E and all was fine in vista land, till I tried to delete a folder on the drive, and kept getting a message stating that I don't have permission to delete that folder (huh? what? it IS my computer you know MS!), so I went into disk management to see if there was something in there that might help me along with this after I had already given...
February 7th 07 07:39 PM
by Lakesidezx Go to last post
2 164
Diamond Supramax Model # SM56PCI modem driver by Black Baptist
Anyone know where I can get a vista driver for this modem or a generic one that'll work? TIA
February 7th 07 07:51 PM
by Guy Lapierre Go to last post
2 202
Windows Mail changes dual-screen setup on Dell notebook by just bob
Every time I launch Windows Mail my extended desktop configuration changes. I normally have my external, larger monitor as the primary. But I've noticed launching some applications causes this extended desktop configuration to change, so that the external monitor is disabled and the primary reverts to the internal screen. Any ideas?
February 7th 07 09:19 PM
by just bob Go to last post
0 215
Adaptec 2930CU on Vista by mbg
Hi all, In case it's of help to anyone, I couldn't get my Adaptec 2930CU to install using the driver on Adaptec's website... fix documented he http://mattbg.blogspot.com/2007/02/getting-your-adaptec-2930cu-to-work-on.html Matt.
February 7th 07 10:48 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
5 201
graphics problem by DJ
i jus upgraded to vista home premium and started up world of warcraft. everything went ok till the game loaded and i noticed the graphics were pretty choppy like. I'm currently running a NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 gs on an intel core 2 duo 2.16 processor wit 2gigs of ram can anyone help??
February 7th 07 11:24 PM
by JW Go to last post
3 193
PnP Driver Not Found. Cannot use USB ports. Help please. by TZac
Hi. I have a Dell Inspiron 9100 which was until recently quite happily running Vista. I recently installed MagicDisc which is a freeware app that can be installed with magicIso. MagicDisc is a virtual drive emulation app. On the download site it said it was Vista compatible but when you install, Vista pops up with a known compatibility issues error. Anyway I went ahead. Now none of my USB...
February 7th 07 11:48 PM
by TZac Go to last post
1 248
VISTA ROCKS!!!!! by LANDER
I JUST WANTED TO SAY VISTA WORKS GREAT !! WHERE I WORK AT WALMART OF LONGVIEW, WA I HAVE RECOMENDED VISTA TO EVERYONE I KNOW AND CUSTOMERS AS THE BEST O/S EVER!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 8th 07 01:15 AM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
19 626
How can I enable my TV OUT function in Vista? by Brian Richards
I have an Nvidia Geforce 6600GT with SVideo and Component OUT. It was working fine in WIN XP. The 97.46 WHQL Nvidia drivers don't recognize any TV OUT functions in the nvidia control panel. Neither do the non-WHQL 100.59 drivers.
February 8th 07 02:47 AM
by Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User Go to last post
1 244
Screen saver not coming up on ultimate with intellitype/intellipoint by mlai
Will there be a fix for the problem of screen saver not coming up on schedule and computer not going to sleep automatically with Intellitype/Intellipoint? It is an annoying bug and I can't believe that there is no current fix for these MS products!
February 8th 07 03:00 AM
by Vincent Xu [MSFT] Go to last post
5 248
application doesn't track mouse in fullscreen by pcompassion
Hi, I'm developing this game on vista which runs in fullscreen mode it works fine but i have to alt-tab once when game starts because the game won't track mouse properly.. unfortunately, the game doesn't have english support, link to the game site won't help to demonstrate the problem. after alt-tabbing, the game tracks the cursor fine. any suggestions?
February 8th 07 08:56 AM
by pcompassion Go to last post
0 227
PCI error by skipjacktunafish
I am having trouble with PCI error message (something to do with the midi port?) since i installed the CL beta drivers for my Audigy 2 ZS platinum soundcard. The drivers did not make my sound work and caused other problems and so i uninstalled the beta but this error remains and i cannot get rid of it. CL customer Supoort is very bad and they have been unable to avise me anything i haven't...
February 8th 07 09:14 AM
by skipjacktunafish Go to last post
0 251
Nvidia 6600 keeps forgetting resolution by Deano
I have the same graphics card nvidia have updated the vista drivers hhttp://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce_6600.html hope this resolves the problem "agent86oz" wrote: I set the resolution to match my screen 1280 x 1024 and it works fine. Each time I reboot the resolution drops to 1280 x 768. I have gone to the nVidea
February 8th 07 09:36 AM
by Deano Go to last post
0 183
IPAQ rx1950 WIMDC by James Johnson
Hi, I can't sync my rx1950 with WMDC final release. When I use RNDIS, the device manage shows a remote mobile adpater and a portable device. When I use USB, the device manager shows a mobile device. in this case, the device says it is connected but WMDC does not show a window. Any help would appreciated. I can't find any error events. It would be helpful to find out where WMDC keeps its...
February 8th 07 11:53 AM
by James Johnson Go to last post
0 142
ATI Radeon 9200se Vista Compatible Drivers? ANYWHERE? by Mark
ATI has made some (SOME) vista compatible drivers, but it appears that it is only for 9500 and up. Sure, Vista installs a default driver for the card, but that doesn't help for games that require OpenGL. Well, what happens if someone has a 9200SE 128MB? SOL? I don't think that is fair.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 8th 07 12:44 PM
by David Hearn Go to last post
16 287
Driver for Smart Battery not working... by Programatix
Hi, Vista could not detect the driver for my Laptop's smart battery. If I choose Microsoft Smart Battery driver for it, the installation will fail. So I have to follow the following steps to make the installation successful. 1) Install the Microsoft ACPI-Complaint Control Method Battery for ACPI\ACPI0001 (Success) 2) After the success in step 1, Vista will detect another device ACPI\ACPI0002
February 8th 07 02:14 PM
by Programatix Go to last post
0 205
Scanners - any suggestions? by Dave
Hi - Can anyone point me in the right direction? I need to replace my HP scanjet 5490C (which is not Vista supported) and d not see any Vista ready scanners onlline. Can anyone recommend a scanner that is vista supported (any brand). Thanks for the help. Dave
February 8th 07 02:49 PM
by Mossie Go to last post
3 203
VX-6000 cam installation problem by Nick1814
I bought the lifecam vx-6000 yesterday but the disk that came with it won't run because i upgraded to vista. I went on microsofts website to download the latest drivers but when i try to install the drivers, it unpacks and gets to the point where it says checking system requirements and then gives me an error that says setup cannot continue because an unexpected error has occurred. Anybody...
February 8th 07 04:23 PM
by Nick1814 Go to last post
0 192
BSOD from plugging in a LCD? by Peter O.
I have an HP DV6263CL running Vista Ultimate 64bit. All hardware was detected properly and the drivers appear to be working fine. When I plug in my brand new Samsung 420BW 19" LCD I get a BSOD claiming that IGDKMD64.SYS had a problem. The memory address changes each time but its generally a variant of FFFF980040ED###. I found the XP64 driver for the monitor but it does nothing as Vista...
February 8th 07 04:27 PM
by Peter O. Go to last post

From The