Switching between windows by Sharksfan12
When I click on the "switching between windows" quicklaunch icon, it just gives me a blue box with small icons to select from (desktop, comptuer, etc). There isn't the cool feature of cycling through the panes. Does anyone have this problem and know how to remedy it? I think this started after I downloaded a couple of Vista updates two days ago.
July 26th 07 04:18 AM
by dean-dean Go to last post
3 90
rewritable disk by Shark
Hi, i'm using Vista RTM 6000 ..and i have a problem ... i have a rewritable CD that i use it from long time ago ..it work with Window XP greatly...but when i use it with vista burning option ..the Vista burned it and closed it .... i put the rewritable disk again to erase it the system refused to do this and said that the CDis not rewritable nd can not to be erased..i'm very upset from this...
December 26th 06 09:20 PM
by nord Go to last post
3 176
HP laser jet printer driver installation by Shariff
The installation stps with a message that, " Can not with Run As command. Login as an administrator" I am there as an administrator already. What should I do. The printer is HO Laser Jet 2840.
March 16th 07 04:40 AM
by Shariff Go to last post
0 91
NO AUDIO ON HP w/ Vista? Read this: by Shara
If you have HP and are experiencing audio issues..... Simply go to: http://h20219.www2.hp.com/services/cache/454897-0-0-225-121.html Enter a product name / number (press enter) Click the correct product name / number (most likely at the top of list shown) Select your system (pick Vista) Click Conexant High Definition Audio date of 4-2007 (at the top)t Scroll down and click Install Now button
July 22nd 07 10:32 PM
by Shara Go to last post
0 109
DVD CD Rom driver error code by Shannon Christopher
I cannot get my DVD player to run a DVD or a CD Rom. I have this error. This device cannot start. (Code 10) Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available. When I check for solutions it never comes back with anything. Any help would be great.
July 16th 08 12:47 AM
by Shannon Christopher Go to last post
0 175
mulitmedia keyboard driver has stopped working by shannon
mulitmedia keyboard driver has stopped working. this is the message I get at start up... what does this mean? Is is fixable?? I KNOW ITS A HARDWARE PROBLEM AND NOT A SOFTWARE PROBLEM -- shannon Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
October 28th 09 02:18 PM
by Michael Go to last post
1 165
SD Card can't be read in Windows Vista Ultimate. What's the problem? by Shankp
I have a SD card but it can't be read in Windows Vista Ultimate. I have tried serval times and format it fully but it's still can't be read. Then I tried other SD card and it can be read in Windows Vista Ultimate. So I think it would be some problems with my SD card and then I use my roomate's computer with Windows Vista Home Premium to read my SD card. It is fine to read the card. Can anybody...
March 26th 08 04:00 AM
by Shankp Go to last post
0 161
Malfunctioning Sony Ericsson K850i Phone by Shane
Hi, I have a Sony Ericsson K850i that I have used with XP with no problems but am now using Vista and have problems with the drivers. I have downloaded the latest drivers from SE site and installed them. When I connect, Vista says the device has malfunctioned and Vista does not recognise it. I have used Device Manager to investigate and it says there are no drivers installed. I have...
February 23rd 08 08:57 AM
by Shane Go to last post
0 116
vista freezup by shane
my vista freezes during installation. yes, my hard drive was brand new and clean. im wondering if i should try the 32bit vista. the 64bit disk i had was a brand new oem disk with no scratches. after my vista failed, i loaded a bootleg copy of xp onto the pc and that installed fine. i think it was a 32bit. all my parts are brand new. i bought the vista a couple months ago and had the problem...
July 1st 08 10:13 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
3 187
usb hard drive not showing in explorer by Shane
Hi everyone. I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem I have using a USB hard drive. When it's connected windows vista goes through the usual USB driver installation process without a problem, however the hard drive doesn't show up in explorer. Nor does it show up in computer management/disk management. It does show up in computer management/device manager/disk drives.
February 13th 08 01:46 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
6 169
Missing DVD-RW drive by Shandy
I have a relatively new Acer Aspire notebook running Vista Home Pro. I have found that I can't view my DVD-RW drive in My Computer, nor can I play DVDs or CDs. Device Manager implies everything is working, and says I have latest drivers installed. What to do?
July 13th 07 08:40 AM
by Shandy Go to last post
2 124
installing windows xp on a usb hard drive to boot sony vaio from by Shamsher
Hi, I have Sony Vaio VGN-N250 with windows vista preinstalled. I have a usb Hard drive on which i want to install windows xp and use it when required on this notebook. i donot know how to do it so can aNYONE GUIDE ME HOW TO INSTALL WQINDOWS XP ON THE EXTERNAL USB HARD DRIVE AND BOOT my notebook from that. i will be highly thankful.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 2nd 07 04:26 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
13 229
built-in Web cam stopped working after upgrade by shalha34
I have a Toshiba Satellite A215-S4807 I upgraded to vista ultimate from home premium. Now my built in web camera does not work. I get error message Webcam driver open fail. Please restart Camera or computer. That didn't work.
December 9th 07 03:05 AM
by Larlin Go to last post
2 143
Computer restarts and things go to default by Shalaylee1021
I have had this problem for over two or three weeks now. I normally just let my computer sleep, but sometimes it needs to be restarted for whatever reason. When it gets shut down or restarted, it's like it goes back to the default settings, or a temporary account. My background has changed, the DELL support welcome screen pops up, any settings for the computer I have manually set are back...
July 22nd 08 09:28 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
2 172
Adjusting volume with FN key &up/down arrows by Shakey
I hope this is the correct group. I did a search and could not find what I was looking for. I used to be able to adjust the volume on my laptop speakers with the FN and up/down arrows, but now I can't. I tried to figure out how to configure the buttons, but I don't want to screw anything else up. Help please.
December 29th 07 07:22 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
7 94
Exclamation
Usb Not Recognized by SHAKESGAR
Hi everyone :) I'm having a serious problem with a ''USB NOT RECOGNIZED ERROR'' whenever i plug a usb device into any of the four usb ports on my laptop. This started happening about a week ago and i've since being trying all sorts to fix this issue. I'm using a laptop Fujitsu siemens amilo li 1718 Vista home premium 32 bit Processor - genuine intel(R) CPU T2130 @1.86 GHz 1.87 GHz Ram - 1918 Mb
April 15th 10 04:20 AM
by SHAKESGAR Go to last post
2 605
SigmaTel audio driver installation - solved by Shahar
I solved the driver installtion problem as follow. 1) The Kaparsky anti-virus removed a necessary file in the system although it admitted afterward it is not infected. It was windows\syswow64\setup.exe. 2) I installed several drivers with manager privilege, the last one is the one from Intel but I think it uses a component not supplied in the recent driver 6.10.0.5405. (my board is Intel...
May 29th 07 06:13 PM
by Shahar Go to last post
0 109
Problem open phone and modem option at control panel by Shah
I have problem to open the phone and modem option at control panel. I got this a pop-up message: "Phone and modem control panel cannot be opened. You may a have problem starting telephony service" Please help and thanks in advance.
June 25th 07 09:39 AM
by Shah Go to last post
2 140
CD/DVD -- not found after RC1 installation by ShagNasty
After installing RC1, my computer does not recognize my DVD or CD drives. Dell 8300 Samsung DVD-ROM SD-616E ATA Device ?? HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8483B ATA Device What now??
January 12th 07 02:25 AM
by ShagNasty Go to last post
4 285
AC Adapter not recognized on laptop by Shaggy
Hi, I installed Vista 32 bits on my Compaq Presario v2000z (Turion) laptop a while ago. The only problem I've had is that my power adapters (I've got 2) are never recognized / seen by the OS, it states that I'm always on battery. However, it is plugged in and the battery charges OK. The power LED says the laptop is plugged in the outlet : only Vista does not recognize it. Because of...
May 3rd 08 03:18 AM
by Shaggy Go to last post

From The