Laserjet 3052 is missing by Christian Møller Nielsen
Hello all. After installing VISTA Ultimate 64 BIT, I can't use my printer. It's a HP LaserJet 3052 connected by USB cable. (it's a multifunction unit with printer, scanner and fax all-in-one). When I plugged in the USB cable, Windows recognized the hardware and told me that the drivers was successfully installed, but when I go to control panel, I can't find the printer and I can't select the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 29th 07 07:18 PM
by Christian Møller Nielsen Go to last post
20 319
HP Laserjet 3052 is missing by Christian Møller Nielsen
Hello all. After installing VISTA Ultimate 64 BIT, I can't use my printer. It's a HP LaserJet 3052 connected by USB cable. (it's a multifunction unit with printer, scanner and fax all-in-one). When I plugged in the USB cable, Windows recognized the hardware and told me that the drivers was successfully installed, but when I go to control panel, I can't find the printer and I can't select the...
April 11th 07 08:51 AM
by Christian Møller Nielsen Go to last post
8 154
touch pad by Christine
I'm trying to use my mouse but only the touch pad works, did I hit a button on the my laptop, that disabled it?? Thanks
April 25th 08 01:02 PM
by t-4-2[_98_] Go to last post
1 113
Vista DVED by Christine
After loading Lumix software for digital camera and creating one DVD with Windows DVD Maker, it no longer recognizes the DVD. Any suggestions? -- Calgal
August 21st 07 04:58 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 137
ATI TV Wonder by Christopher -- 330
What is the requirement for a vendor to state a product is Vista Ready? ATI labels its TV Wonder line Vista Ready and ATI tested, But has no drivers, not even Betas for this product on the Vista RTM. Does VISTA READY mean... "Eventually we will have a driver for Vista" or that there is a tested and released driver... Perhaps you guys at MS need to police some branding issues.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 15th 07 05:58 PM
by thxheynow Go to last post
11 234
Printer Cable by Christopher A. Shipe
Dose anyone knows if they make a printer cable: I received a new lab top and it didn't come with the older printer jack on the computer. I guess I need to use one of the usb ports? My Epson 660 still works I hate the idea of getting a new printer when my old one works.
March 9th 08 01:10 AM
by John Go to last post
4 141
mouse doesn't work in Vista by Christopher Ellis
"Greg Hudson" wrote: Windows Key Go to computer via arrows right-click key Manage Computer (or something of the nature) Tab around the window that pops up until you get the focus of the left pane, then go down to device manager. Hope it work for you. :) G'Day Roadking. I've got exactly the same problem, except I'm using a MS serial mouse. It *WAS* working during install, but as...
September 15th 06 05:21 AM
by Christopher Ellis Go to last post
0 200
mouse doesn't work in Vista by Christopher Ellis
"Greg Hudson" wrote: Windows Key Go to computer via arrows right-click key Manage Computer (or something of the nature) Tab around the window that pops up until you get the focus of the left pane, then go down to device manager. Hope it work for you. :) G'Day Roadking. I've got exactly the same problem, except I'm using a MS serial mouse. It *WAS* working during install, but as...
September 15th 06 05:21 AM
by Christopher Ellis Go to last post
0 203
Old usb devices work fine,new usb devices would not install by Christopher Hume
Like the subject title, says old usb devices are working fine, but new ones will not install under Vista. Vista would suggest the update (Windows6.0-KB940199-x86) but when trying it, I'd get the message that it does not apply to my machine. I've tried copying the pnf and inf files, tried moving the usbstore, tried deleting the INFcache.1, all to no avail (as recommended by many web site). I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 13th 08 04:19 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
11 322
Emergency shut down during power cut by Christopher R. Lee
Hello, I have an uninterruptible power supply (UPS), but when there is a power cut it doesn't always leave me enough time to shut down the computer properly, even when Vista hasn't decided to update itself during the shutdown sequence. UPSs come with software that's designed to take control automatically, but as I can't afford to buy a new one for each new operating system, I havn't looked...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 25th 07 03:05 AM
by DevilsPGD Go to last post
16 198
Anyone have stuttering audio ? [nforce4 + Realtek] by Christopher.S.T
Since day one, I have had a headache of a problem, and nVidia has not been much of help in finding a solution. Perhaps I can find one here. I have repeatedly had issues with audio stuttering, and even dropping out for up to 5-6~ seconds at a time. It happens in _any_ media player, including WMP11. It primarily happens when there is alot of disk activity on the primary sata drive...
August 30th 07 04:06 PM
by Christopher.S.T[_2_] Go to last post
1 92
watch video on tv??? by Christos
I want to plug cable to my graphics card(prolink 6800GT) and watch movies on my tv like windows xp. How can i do that? Thank you.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 28th 07 04:36 PM
by Theo Go to last post
10 238
Creatize Zen Vision W 30GB - MTP driver not working by ChrisW
Whenever I plug in my Creatize Zen Vision W, the MTP driver tries to install but then fails. I subsequently found a message saying the device cannot start even though the Zen screen shows up as being docked. Does anyone have an idea as to what the problem may be? The Creative site says Vista has native support for this device. (bought less than 6 months ago) Any advice will be greatly...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 17th 07 06:00 PM
by arney00 Go to last post
10 242
Router issues with vista by Chris[_7_]
I'm using a thompson ST v585v6 router which has been working with my PC running Vista 64. However, have now just bought a laptop running vista 32 home premium and I can connect it via wireless and cable but get no internet access. Have searched high and low for answer but to no avail - would really appreciate some help. The laptop in question is a samsung Q70. What is throwing me is the...
November 9th 07 05:43 AM
by BigJim Go to last post
2 98
ATI Radeon x1600 Pro PCI-e on X64 5384 by Chronic
I have had a whole world of problems with my AGP Radeon x1600 pro 512mb on 32 bit vista 5728, all using ATI's own vista RC1 driver. I have had corrupted graphics galore and managed to sort it by using the bundled WDM driver made by microsoft it seems to work ok with glass aero effects but games run like poo compared to XP and 3dmark01 looses a whole 3000 3dmarks on vista compared to...
September 29th 06 01:46 AM
by Chronic Go to last post
0 225
HardDisk issue, soo close to fixing it, need help by ChronoShadow
Okay, I had to upgrade my motherboard and processor the other day, and found it was cheaper to just buy a whole new computer for what i needed, sooo, i did. It had Vista pre-installed on it already, so i figured i'd give vista a shot. I installed my old harddrive with EVERYTHING i had on my old computer into the new machine with the help of a friend. Now comes the problem. the computer...
February 11th 07 05:05 PM
by ChronoShadow Go to last post
2 204
Intel 82801ER SATA RAID Controller Vista Compatibility by ChronoT52
I have updated the drivers for the Intel 82801ER SATA RAID Controller to 5.5.0.1035. I simply cannot get Vista Ultimate to install- it keeps telling me that the drivers are incompatible. From what I can tell, people using the beta versions and RC1 could get it to work, but here in the final retail version I cannot get it to work. Anybody else having this problem? I do not want to risk a...
February 5th 07 02:03 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 170
Using external hard drives formatted in MAC OS by chrysoloras
I recently bought a MAC book, and have an external hard drive that I formatted on the MAC using the MAC extended format. I was told by MAC technical support that this would allow me to use the hard drive on both my PC and my MAC book. I plugged in my hard drive on the USB ports, but my PC does not even show the drive anywhere on the system. Any suggestions? I am using Vista 64 bit. and my...
July 5th 08 06:17 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 175
HP 2710 All in One by Chuck
Since I upgrade to Vista, I am unable to use the fax from the HP soluntions center on my computer. I installed the new drivers and everything, but not luck. HP was really no help either on this so I am checking here to see if anyone else has problems When i try to fax from the Soluntions center, it gives me a Fax Scan error and will not scan the fax. Other than that everything works fine....
May 1st 07 07:53 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 109
Blue Screen by Chuck
Any else getting this or know what it means: Problem signatu Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem:
July 18th 07 02:55 PM
by P. Di Stolfo Go to last post

From The