Reliability of the Vista Advisor by Irdally
Comment: Vraag over een NOG NIET aangekocht product (Vista). Op uw technische ondersteuning pagina vind ik GEEN ENKELE mogelijkheid om deze vraag te stellen. I have asked the Help Desk Netherlands to give an answer to the following question: By using the Vista Advisor I receive the information that there are no problesm using the printers: - XEROX DOCUPRINT N2825 - this printer however is...
February 8th 07 04:33 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
1 179
Shared memory & Vista by cooker909
I'm considering buying a Toshiba A135-S4487. The notebook comes with Vista Home Premium and 256mb of shared/integrated video memory. Is buying a laptop with Vista and shared video memory a bad idea? Is this enough video memory (considering it's "shared")? My reason for asking is that, while I'm not a big gamer, I may want to pick up a strategy game (Civ IV or something like it) and don't...
February 8th 07 04:49 PM
by Pavel A. Go to last post
3 194
Accton AM 5002 ADSL Modem by Chetan Shah
Hi guys, I have the Vista x64 edition (Ultimate) i need drivers for my ADSL Modem - Accton AM 5002 is the model. Any one using the same ? Please help. chetan
February 8th 07 05:36 PM
by Chetan Shah Go to last post
0 191
WMDC and HTC STRTRK by Aaron Pollock
I recently upgraded to Vista Ultimate and have everything working smoothly except for WMDC; I've yet been unable to sync with my Cingular branded HTC StrTrk phone. Upon plugging the phone in via USB, Windows searches for the drivers and returns shortly with "Device Driver software was not successfully installed. Windows mobile device Failed." I've attempted to use other phones on this system...
February 8th 07 07:49 PM
by Jeff Go to last post
6 157
Does Vista come with a remote control since it include Media Center? by JMI
Does Vista come with a remote control since it include Media Center? Thanks, Jeff
February 8th 07 08:21 PM
by JW Go to last post
3 160
Seagate ST3300622AS-RK SATA HDD being detected as wrong Model HDD by JohnnyGFX
I am in the process of helping a friend of mine with his Vista Home Premium (mine is working great). The problem is that it is detecting and loading drivers for his HDD that are wrong. Vista thinks the HDD is a ST330062 2AS SCSI HDD In reality the HDD is a ST3300622AS-RK (SATA) drive
February 8th 07 08:40 PM
by JohnnyGFX Go to last post
3 209
Non Media Center Remote setup. by Keith
Hi All, Is there a way to setup MC if you don't have a MC remote? I have a Hauppauge HVR-1600 that includes a non MC remote and during setup I cannot get pass the check for a remote. I'm presently using GB-PVR as the WinTV software does not work for me. Please note I'm using X64 Ultimate.
February 8th 07 08:47 PM
by Keith Go to last post
0 189
Imation Flash Drive Reboot\Start-up Problems by Kevin Young
I have a 4 gig Imation Swivel Thumb Drive that I am using with Ready Boost. When I turn the PC on and insert the thumb drive it works great. If I reboot or shut down and restart leaving the drive in when the PC restarts the thumb drive no longer works. Removing then reinserting the thumb drive gets it working again but I would just like to be able to leave it in the port without having to...
February 8th 07 08:49 PM
by Kevin Young Go to last post
0 240
Intsalling Ultimate and GeForce 8800GTS by Martin Racette
Hi, I found out what the problem with my computer was when I tried to upgrade last Friday. In my computer I have an EVGA's GeForce 8800GTS installed, and somehow Vista doesn't like this card, because when I tried again with my old Asus 6600GT, everything worked fine I would like to be able to use the 8800GTS, what can I do, because even
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 8th 07 08:51 PM
by Martin Racette Go to last post
10 380
SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio on HP Compaq nc4200 problem by NGR
Hi! I've just installed a fresh Windows Vista Business on my notebook HP Compaq nc4200 and noticed the same problem as with the RC1 release! The sound card, a SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio, is used with a built-in speaker and a speaker-out jack connector. Under Windows XP, when pluggin' in an headset or external speakers, the sound is redirected from the internal speaker to the jack...
February 8th 07 09:26 PM
by NGR Go to last post
0 223
"Battery not detected" says Vista, I don't agree by Viktor
Hi When I installed Vista Business I didn't have a battery on my laptop since I had just ordered a new one. When I got the battery I inserted it to the laptop and it works perfectly but it is not detected by Windows. Vista says: "No battery is detected" and it doesn't matter if the power cable is plugged in or not. Any ideas on how to detect the battery? (Removing and inserting the battery
February 8th 07 10:57 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
3 316
Down to 3 issues in my device drivers-Can anyone help with the by lordneeko
I've tried doing that. But the only thing I can do is see the bluetooth device (my pocket pc pda) It will not let me use ActiveSync or any other bluetooth services other than "serial port" Anyone have a solution for this? It is a brand new bluetooth device. You'd think microsoft would have gotten bluetooth right before releasing vista 64 since it never worked in xp 64. anyhelp would be...
February 8th 07 11:00 PM
by lordneeko Go to last post
0 206
Ear-splitting default volume for USB headphones by null_pointer_us
I installed Vista today as an upgrade from Windows XP Home Edition SP2. My USB headphones were working just fine in XP at about 10% on the main volume slider and 25% on all the other volume sliders. However, Vista set my USB headphones' volume to 100%, which hurt my ears. This is especially bad considering I wasn't wearing the headphones at the time. They were just sitting on my desk about...
February 9th 07 12:09 AM
by null_pointer_us Go to last post
0 211
Monitor doesnt turn off by Diamontina Cocktail
Latest video card drivers for Vista and installed them. No updated driver for the monitor at all and unlikely ever to be. Monitor set to turn off (set numerous times) to 10 minutes, screen saver set to 5 minutes. Screen saver comes ON at 5 minutes and monitor STAYS that way indefinitely. So, though I have tried numerous things such as changing the profile for the
February 9th 07 12:20 AM
by Diamontina Cocktail Go to last post
5 164
System partition by Dave Heron
How does Vista decide which partition is made the system partition?
February 9th 07 12:45 AM
by andy Go to last post
5 175
This fixed it for me by bob
Had same problem this fixed it for me: http://trevinchow.com/blog/2007/01/27/vista-error-the-specified-print-monitor-is-unknown/ EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com
February 9th 07 01:39 AM
by bob Go to last post
0 172
nvidia 7900 gs by DJ
can any tell me if the nvidia geforce 7900 gs is able to run windows aero??
February 9th 07 02:10 AM
by jacky kwok Go to last post
1 156
What PCIe card ? by Pat
Am running a Dell 4700 that only has chipset graphics. I have upgraded to Vista Home Premium and would like to get the full Aero experience but I am not into games. I only have 512mb RAM at present but am going to add a further 1gig shortly. I would be quite happy getting a cheap second-hand card as long as it will run the full Aero experience ie glass/3D etc. Any suggestions? Thanks
February 9th 07 03:30 AM
by JW Go to last post
6 254
TV Tuner not found when setting up TV in Media Center by Darin_STL
HP m7680n Upgrade to Vista Ultimate - TV Tuner not found when setting up TV in Media Center I purchased an HP m7680n system that ran Media Center 2005 without any errors. The PC was labeled and sold as Vista Capable. I ran the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor and was told that my machine could run Vista. I upgraded to Vista Ultimate and receive an error message when I try to setup the TV...
February 9th 07 03:31 AM
by JW Go to last post
9 267
ATI X850 display adapter not recognized after Vista installation by Jerry
Clean installing RTM Full Business on my Asus A8R-MVP. After the installation is done: - there is no display adapter in Device Manager - an unknown device and failing PCI to PCI bridge in Device Manager - under Display properties the adapter is unknown and the monitor is VGAsave - The latest ATI drivers and software will not install, probably because Vista isn't seeing the hardware right. I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 9th 07 03:56 AM
by Jerry Go to last post

From The