USB 1.0 Drivers by Chuck
I have a USB external hard drive. Under XP and previous OS it showed up as a SCSI device. It is a buslink L13. I have both USB 1.1 and 2.0 ports installed. I get error message Windows encountered a problem while installing device drivers for your USB-ATAPI4 Bridge Controller. I have downloaded drivers from the bus link site and tried to install them in XP mode did't help. I asked buslink...
March 16th 07 07:32 PM
by Robert Moir Go to last post
1 163
KHypermedia CDRW/DVD Writer by Chuck
I have upgraded my machine to vista, runs great I have a KHypermedia RW/DVD writeable drive no drivers searched the net and cant seem to come up with any anyone have ideas or a place I can obtain one?
June 14th 07 10:42 PM
by Chuck Go to last post
4 200
USB 1.0 by Chuck
I have a Buslink USB 1.0 L13 hard drive. worked fine under XP. Installed Vista and it is no longer recoginised. Downloaded drivers and hung my system, kept rebooting. Ran wizard for program compatibility in XP mode, no help. I keep getting unable to install drivers. I am not seeing this same problem. I have both 1.0 and 2.0 USB ports.
February 11th 07 11:35 AM
by Chuck Go to last post
0 140
USB Driver for Nextel Cellphone by Chuck F.
Has anyone installed the Motorola USB driver to link the Nextel i870 to IDen Phone Book Program?? --
January 20th 07 11:05 PM
by Chuck F. Go to last post
0 150
intel Dual-Core CPU not recognized AGAIN! by Chuck Harding
This is getting totally rediculeous. TWICE now when I've had to do a repair-install of a microsoft operating system it ends up that the intel P4 D830 is NOT recognized as a dual-core CPU! The last time was with an XP Pro installation and this time with VISTA! I looked everywhere on every support forum I could find and none of the suggested fixes worked, they seemed to all be about problems...
June 18th 08 07:00 AM
by Chuck Harding Go to last post
2 230
ATIKMDAG.SYS by chuckbam[_6_]
I would not think having the drivers loaded only would cause BSOD. I would look in the event viewer. JMHO -- chuckbam *q6600 slacr quad cpu at 3.36 ghz/ fsb 1680 mhz ~ asus p5b deluxe ~ mushkin em2-6400, 8gb at 840 mhz, 5-5-5-15 ~ maxline pro 500, raid 0, 931gb ~ hd 3850 512mb/ hd 2600 pro 512mb ~ dual tv tuners: ati 650 pro/
October 3rd 08 01:32 AM
by chuckbam[_6_] Go to last post
0 219
ATIKMDAG.SYS by chuckbam[_6_]
I even have used the Run command, and they did not load. *:\Program Files\Intel\INFINST -OVERWRITE -S http://chuckbam.com/Posts/readme.txt -- chuckbam
September 24th 08 02:17 PM
by chuckbam[_6_] Go to last post
2 231
ATIKMDAG.SYS by chuckbam[_6_]
Mehue, One last thing, try to clean up ad fully un-install the CCC installer before updating. good luck -- chuckbam *q6600 slacr quad cpu at 3.36 ghz/ fsb 1680 mhz ~ asus p5b deluxe ~
October 3rd 08 02:01 AM
by chuckbam[_6_] Go to last post
0 251
ATIKMDAG.SYS by chuckbam[_6_]
I removed the CCC and it is filially gone 100%. I held off one my #1 system because I wanted Avio, -- chuckbam *q6600 slacr quad cpu at 3.36 ghz/ fsb 1680 mhz ~ asus p5b deluxe ~ mushkin em2-6400, 8gb at 840 mhz, 5-5-5-15 ~ maxline pro 500, raid 0, 931gb ~ hd 3850 512mb/ hd 2600 pro 512mb ~ dual tv tuners: ati 650 pro/
October 3rd 08 01:02 AM
by chuckbam[_6_] Go to last post
0 242
Vista says AC '97 audio working, but media center says no device by Chuckf1234
I have an MSI motherboard with onboard Realtek audio. I have downloaded and installed the latest Vista drivers. The control panel reports the device is properly installed and working, and that there are no IRQ conflicts. Yet when I try to play any sound or music, I get an error that says the device is not installed. The little speaker icon in the task bar has a red x, says volume:0, and...
January 17th 08 11:58 AM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
3 176
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 for Vista drivers by Chuckf1234
I have downloaded the latest Vista driver for the Audigy 2, which is a self extracting file. When I run it, I always get the same error message: file errorcrc1,0xc50a2d15:0x0d8c70c and then the process aborts. When I download and run the file on my XP machine, it runs just fine and brings up the installation program. Any ideas on how I can get this thing to run under Vista. I went this route...
February 2nd 08 10:09 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 100
dvd drive disappeared by chuckieuk
hi, yesterday i turned on my comp to find my dvd drive was missing, i rebooted, nothing. looking in dev manager, optiarc DVD RW AD-7530 ATA device, has one of the smal yellow warning icon on it and when dbl clicked says, "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)". i have tried updating the drivers, am told the latest drivers...
June 28th 07 10:22 PM
by freddy Go to last post
5 244
Not yet by Chuckles
Intel has no plans to release WDDM drivers for reasons that are either technical or marketing related. I feel that it should be possible to hack the 945's drivers and modify them to work with the 915 to have acceptable aero performance. I don't have the coding experience, but I'm sure someone out there with a 915 does and will take on the call. EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice...
December 2nd 06 04:28 AM
by Chuckles Go to last post
0 312
upgrading to smaller solid state disk by Chuckles
I am thinking about going to a solid state disk on my laptop. I probably won't do it until prices come down a bit, but meanwhile I am thinking about the process: (a) In the past I have done HD upgrades by running a full backup, then changing the HD, installing the OS, then restoring files and system state from the backup. Of course, my current OS is Win2K. What licensing problems will I have in...
July 20th 07 10:46 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 117
Audio/video problems & workaround (excessive delay/latency) by Chuck[_2_]
Windows XP SP3 System Some time ago, I started having problems with video and audio playback. Odd pauses/glitches in either or both was more or less the problem. Other less definable problems & delay may or may not also relate to this driver. I recently ran across a program (dpclat.exe) that measures DPC latency. The program showed the problem and the results of disabling the Microsoft USB...
September 27th 09 02:51 PM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
1 265
Asus P5E SupremeFX II Audio Card not recognized. by Chuck[_2_]
Some of the ASUS MBDs use an ASUS unique Realtec chip (ALC1200) The driver is usually available on the ASUS web site if this is the case. The default windows drivers may not include some of the needed Realtec modules such as a sound mixer module. (I recently ran into this on an ASUS M4A 79 Deluxe MBD. Further, there have been various problems dealing with the 8800 drivers. If that isn't enough,...
May 10th 10 05:52 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
0 506
video card error by chunky
hi.. am having an error with my vid card..it installs the driver from microsoft and says its successfully installed but a checked in the device manager i still could see the error sign. and it says (windows has stopped the device because it has reported problems (code43)) i am using a gecube readeon x1600 pro 256 mb.. i already tried downloading the latest driver from ati site but it still
April 19th 07 06:34 AM
by chunky Go to last post
2 152
vid card driver by chunky
i upgraded my vid card to a gecube x1600 pro 256mb 128bit and i couldnt install the driver which i searched online. i also tried to go to ati's website and download the driver but after installing then reatart my pc i still see a yellow earning sign in the device manager.. when i choose the browse manually for the drivers and choose the x1600 pro wddm driver it says i have to reboot the pc...
March 1st 07 01:36 PM
by koze Go to last post
1 246
How could I get a USB Flash disk's drive letter? by ChuYuan
In XP, I used these functions to get a usb device volume to compare, but it cannot work in Vista SetupDiGetClassDev == get GUID_DEVINTERFACE_VOLUME device SetupDiEnumDeviceInterface == get all volume device CM_Get_Parent twice == get device id for USB GetVolumeNameForVolumeMountPoint == compare Might anybody help me? Thx,
January 26th 07 10:58 AM
by Uwe Sieber Go to last post
1 165
Can't install US Robotics 5421! by Ciarals
Anyone know where I can find a driver for Vista for my US Robotics 5421 Wireless USB Adapter? Thank you.
January 31st 07 11:04 AM
by Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User Go to last post

From The