  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
connecting your computer to a tv by ByrdieMamma
how can I connect my laptop to My big screen tv?
May 29th 08 05:58 AM
by propman[_2_] Go to last post
2 136
connection limit by same error here
Hello , some clue to improve the conncetion limit on Vista Sp1, cause i really need fast connection to work, i pay a lot for ISP, and cannoyt use it cause Window slimit it to 10, these days i try to use a AUTO PATCH to try to solve this problem. but i just recivie an DEATH BLUE SCREEN and need to re-format my new Hd. Please if someone can help me i'll be very glad for that, i.. , and a lot...
May 13th 08 09:49 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
6 149
Connection problems using TCP/IP sockets by Arnau Font
Hi group, I've developed a server application that receives TCP/IP connections from some devices located in the local network. These devices are not PCs. Under XP everything goes fine, but under Windows Vista this TCP/IP connections become invalid after some hours. Information is being sent every 4 seconds through the socket. Does anybody have an idea why this happens?
May 9th 07 02:37 PM
by Arnau Font Go to last post
0 113
Consistant Boot Error & Warning by GWL
Since loading Vista Ultimate I receive the following Error and Warning on every boot. Unfortunatly I get the following when checking for solutions at the Microsoft Web Site. "No results were found for your query. Please see Search Help for suggestions" I also get the last listed Warning on every Shutdown. I would appreciate it if someone literate in diagnostic would give me a hint on what...
July 4th 07 12:36 PM
by GWL Go to last post
4 193
Constant BlueScreen crashes -- driver issue? by Futureman
I think I may have a driver issue, but I'm at a loss as how to fix it. My system specs: Vista Home Basic 64-bit, 2 GB RAM, GeForce 8600 GT (driver: 162.22_forceware_winvista_64bit_english_whql), X-Fi XtremeGamer (driver: SBXF_PCDVT_LB_2_15_0002), Gigabyte 965G-DS3 motherboard. I've been getting BlueScreen crashes since I bought the machine. They seem much worse now, hours or minutes apart. ...
October 2nd 07 01:20 PM
by phat_gibbo Go to last post
1 128
Constant Bluescreens by Bluescreen problem
Sorry that my english is not as good as should but maybe some of you can tell me, why is my computer having bluescreens. My PC is Asus F3T Notebook and I have Vista Home Premium. Latest Bluescreen information was something like this: A device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught. The faulty driver currently on the kernel stack must be replaced with a workin...
October 5th 07 02:41 PM
by Bluescreen problem Go to last post
0 112
Constant VISTA lockups on Inspiron 9200 Laptop by Warren
The upgrade advisor says my pc is fine for update but even after two fresh installs of the downloaded vista home premium from circuit city. The machine randomly locks up I'll be working and the cursor will stop and not move and I have to hard reboot. I know it has to be hardware related or Vista realated as I have nothing else installed and it still locks up.
January 31st 07 03:59 PM
by Warren Go to last post
0 163
Content of drive not updated when switching CD or DVD-disc by GusTheMagic
Hi there, Upgraded from XP to Vista and got problem with the DVD-drive and DVD-RW-drive. When switching the disc (CD or DVD) in the drive the content will not update even if I klick the refresh button in the meny bar. The content of the first disc are still there and if you try to open a file Vista will say that it cant find the file. Ive only been able to clear the content by restarting...
July 8th 07 05:14 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
2 120
Continuous HDD read in Vista by Himanshu
Hi, Just installed Vista. Whenever I start my machine, the HDD continuously reads (or writes, don't know, the HDD activity light is on). There is heavy HDD activity. It doesn't stop at all. Not even after a few hours. So I checked in Task Manager and nothing suspicious there. So I closed a few dumb programs that I don't use - like WinMail and others. The HDD acticity then stops.
July 31st 07 03:23 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
5 103
Continuous System RESTART by rashid
Hey there everyone, sorry if this question has been asked before. I am a new vista ultimate 64 bit user. I have just obtained a new system and was running vista ultimate 64 on it just fine. I noticed that my cpu cooler fan was not spinning properly. I also noticed that my computer would crash randomly and tell me that there was a problem with the hardware. A friend reccommended that I reinstall...
November 28th 08 05:30 PM
by rashid Go to last post
0 280
Contol laptop with mobile phone (Nokia N81) by Andre
Hallo, I heard that one can use your cellphone to control you PC. Eg media player can then be controlled by skipping a track, forward etc... I have bluetooth on my laptop, now what will I need to be able to control my laptop? Heard from someone they use bluetooth on their phone to control. I have a Nokia N81 (if that helps)
July 14th 08 08:34 PM
by Nonny Go to last post
4 117
control causes blue screen by Baz100
Hi, I've just done a clean install of Vista Home Premium after install Windows installed a Realtek AC97 audio driver for the Abit KV7 mainboard but the sound did'nt work so I got a driver from Abit website which appears to be the correct one and works ok but I now find that when I click Start/ Control Panel the PC crashes to a Blue Screen and reboots.Using System Restore cures the control...
December 31st 07 06:29 PM
by Baz100 Go to last post
2 170
Control Panel Error by MikeP
Has anyone received this error at start up? Solution? "hd audio control panel for vista has stopped working" Onboard Realtek HD Audio on Intel D915GAG motherboard.
September 28th 06 01:24 AM
by MikeP Go to last post
0 167
control spindown of individual hard drives? by A L
Hello- Having just seen Al Gore's movie :), I was hoping to do a few things to save some greenhouse gas and some money. I have a couple of internal hard drives in my Vista system that I don't often access (they're for backup purposes.) I see in Microsoft's Power Options component of Control Panel that I can set a setting that specified when to spin down all hard drives after a certain...
March 24th 07 01:50 PM
by A L Go to last post
4 148
Convert drive from NTFS to FAT32 in Vista by markusallen
I'm trying to convert an NTFS drive to FAT32, but when I try to format, NTFS is the only option available. My Drive is 120GB. How can I reformat in FAT32?
December 14th 06 10:07 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
5 694
Converting my external USB FAT external hard drive to NFTS by ladymsvee
Hi: I just purchased a maxtor usb external hard drive, while the computer has recognized it, I cannot format it or convert it. When I try to convert it using the command prompt saying it cannot determine file system. When I try to format it does read it all. I am operating windows business vista, as this was purchased from e-bay the item was probably run under a earlier version of windows...
February 22nd 07 05:25 AM
by Helping out Go to last post
2 251
Converting USB disk to Dynamic by Jason[_3_]
Hi there, I am trying to convert 3 eternal USB disks to dynamic so I can RAID them. My friend has done this on his PC by removing them from the USB enclosure and then attaching them internally as IDE disks. He could then convert them to dynamic, he then simply put the drives back in the USB enclosures and he has dynamic disks. I cant do this as I have a laptop, I cant believe its impossible but...
August 1st 07 04:01 PM
by Jason[_3_] Go to last post
2 149
Cool & Quiet and Vista RC1 64 bit by Louis
Hello, When running Vista my system becvomes very hot and unaccepatble noisy, due to the fact that "Cool & Quit power" management is not working. I surched the amd site and the net for a compatible AMD CPU driver, but I am affraid that that very essential driver is not yet available I hape I am wrong / some body can help.
September 8th 06 10:23 PM
by Sascha Benjamin Jazbec Go to last post
3 534
Cooling fan on Toshiba laptop by Matt
I just bought a Toshiba Satellite A205 laptop with Vista. The cooling fan cycles on and off constantly when I'm using the machine. Is something wrong, or are there settings to control this?
July 19th 07 09:34 PM
by Generator Go to last post
6 131
Coprocessor by Ferret[_5_]
Just a heads up here....I cuaght an older thead about the coprocessor, this strange thingy that under a new install Vista install just refuses to find a driver for!:mad: Well, I have an Asus-M2N-MX mobo and I couldnt find a driver not matter how much I *&^$&!! If you find an unknown coprocessor in your device manager go to the(for me)-Nvidia website-look up your nforce version-(430 with 6100 for...
May 19th 09 09:23 AM
by Matt88 Go to last post

From The