  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
HP Pavillion a1632x by walter deodiaus
I have a HP Pavillion a1632x which came with XP, but was advertised to be upgradeable to Vista. Later on, this option was not supported. This falls on false advertising! Doesn't HP have trial drivers? I called HP, but they don't seem to support Vista for this machine. Last week, I was infected by a virus and was unable to recover my XP OS. I received a copy of Vista at a trade show, and...
February 15th 10 07:07 AM
by walter deodiaus Go to last post
0 273
Lexmark icon Missing in Notification Area by Paul Calcagno
I'm running Vista Home Premium SP2 with 2 GB of RAM, all WU's, Firefox, MBAM, SuperAntiSpywareProfessional, CCleaner, Spybot, CA Security Suite, and WLM. The machine's running just great but after the last restart (to complete the uninstall of Ad-Aware) my little Lexmark All-In-One printer icon is missing from the notification area. It's usually placed right next to my network icon. I've...
December 28th 09 02:57 PM
by Paul Calcagno Go to last post
0 273
Vista Prem 64B does not see my HD camera by johnmurphy
I recently purchased a Sony Z5U HD camera and tried connecting it to my Vista Premium 64 bit notebook. Windows does not "bong" and recognize anything is connected. If I plug in an older camera, it works fine as it should, so I know the firewire connection is working correctly. Also, I plug in the same new camera to an XP tower, and it works great. I contacted Sony and they said Microsoft did...
December 4th 09 10:15 PM
by whs[_8_] Go to last post
2 273
Harddrive light ALWAYS ON suddenly, Please someone help. by JJ05
Hey all, first off let me give you the spec of my pc, im running Windows 64bit, MSI Dual Quadcore processor, 8 gigs of ram, 2 500gb harddrives, 2 gforce 9800vid cards and creative soundblaster soundcard. Anyways this problem has happened last time after doing ALL these windows updates, service pack 2, the whole works. MY harddrive light stays SOLID now, even when idle, I jsut got home from work...
September 21st 09 11:20 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
5 273
Vista 64 wont allow print to tape by Anthonean
I am using Windows Vista Home Pre 46 bit. I have tried several different cameras and vista will not allow the computer to send data to the camcorder (print to tape) but it allows the camcorder to capture (send information to the computer). I am using a 6 pin to 4 pin fireware. Everything worked fine in Windows XP. -- Anthonean
June 10th 09 01:21 PM
by Battman540 Go to last post
2 273
Unable to open phone and modem option in vista by deemi
i m using vista ultimate sp1, in control panel when i double click on phone and modem option nothing happened. kindly some one help me. -- deemi
May 28th 09 04:17 AM
by deemi Go to last post
0 273
Vista cannot find any wireless networks - hardware failure? by Paul[_24_]
I'd be grateful for any suggestions. My client has a notebook with an intel 3945abg wifi card. This card cannot find any networks. Vista Business SP1 is fully updated and the latest drivers are installed. Device Manager shows everything enabled and working. Hardware switch is ON. I have reset WINSOCKS. If I uninstall the card and reboot, the card is reinstalled and works fine until the...
December 11th 08 08:19 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
4 273
Send Free SMS Worlwide to any mobile phone iphone gsm http://free4sms.info by massimo
Free4sms is a free service. Send SMS for Free worldwide to any mobile phone gsm, iphone, smart phone. use it with moderation. http://free4sms.info/ free4sms enables you to send free SMS from its site to any cellular phone worldwide. free4sms service is provided like is, there is no guarantee of timely delivery of all messages to all cellular networks, free4sms cannot be held liable for any...
November 29th 08 02:48 AM
by massimo Go to last post
0 273
Nasty problem with nVidia onboard NICs in Vista x64 by Scott[_9_]
Hi all. For 9 months at least I've been happily running Vista x64 on an ASUS P5N32-E SLI motherboard with nVidia nForce 680i SLI chipset, with dual onboard NICs. I keep current with the MS patches (Vista is currently SP1). Following a reboot, and I believe some auto-installed MS patches, my NICs have stopped working. After the reboot, what appears to have happened is Vista has installed two...
November 28th 08 09:59 PM
by Jack \(MVP-Networking\). Go to last post
3 273
Vista Ultimate x64 Memory Stick problem by n13ldo
Just discovered a 'potential' bug in Vista x64... how unusual is that :D I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop, 4gb ram running Vista x64 Ultimate. I only recently upped its ram from 2gb to 4gb (replaced 1 x 2gb with 2 x 2gb Crucial). I always used the laptop for transferring pictures from a 1gb Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo, without incident. Yesterday was the first occasion since the 4gb memory...
October 19th 08 04:41 PM
by Chuck Chopp Go to last post
9 273
SATA DVD Burners by Sid-M
I apologize for my ignorance, but I just can't find an answer. I notice that the SATA DVD Burners, such as Sony and Samsung, do not have an audio output. Does this mean that it is not required to connect the audio output to your sound card if the drive is SATA? Thanks for any information.
November 8th 08 02:00 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
3 272
fre upgrade by Prabhu
If you have purchased the laptop from Microsoft partners like Dell, acer etc. between October 26, 2006 and March 15, 2007 then you are eligible for Express upgrade to Vista. It is not free entirely free, you have to just pay minimal Shipping & Handling ,Charges. Please visit the below site for more details...
February 28th 07 01:01 PM
by Prabhu Go to last post
0 272
Nvidia Geforce Go 7400 by Ian
Using a Nvidia Geforce Go 7400 graphics card in a Sony Vaio laptop running Vista Home Premium. Having several video related problems. There appears to be no Vista dedicated driver available. Any ideas?
March 29th 07 10:40 PM
by Billy Nicol Go to last post
4 272
Creative X-FI Driver issues on Vista ? by Ch33zst34k
Help me out guys - I fired up my brand-new gaming box running Vista home Premium and alas, no sound... The device manager says the sound card is working properly, but when I attempt to update the driver to the latets version, I get an error that reads, "You have previously updated the driver without rebooting. Reboot your system now." I have rebooted many times without avail. I have also tried...
December 2nd 08 08:24 AM
by kostrom Go to last post
2 272
Brother MFC-6800 Driver by [email protected]
I have the same problem. MFC-6800 that worked fine with XP pro doesn't work with Vista x64. I am using USB connection and Microsoft built in drivers. Scanner works. Printer doesn't. If I use "Print directly to the printer" option in Advanced tab of the printer property dialog I am getting the following error: "Test page failed to print. Would you like to view the print troubleshooterfor...
January 8th 08 01:07 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
5 272
npkcrypt and other problems by Jason Custer[_2_]
I'm having a few problems, and if someone could help me with them, since I've dedicated ENTIRELY too much time to fixing them, with absolutely no positive results. #1.) I don't know if it's important, but "npkcrypt" is apparently either missing or damaged, according to Device Manager..... I imagine there's no file that's missing that can be GOOD, but I figured I'd ask if there's a way to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 18th 08 10:26 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
10 272
Ongoing problems with SP1 by Larry S.
Since installing SP1 on my desktop, I have experienced a very frustrating problem coming up over and over again. I try to set up or attach a USB device, and instead of connecting, I get a message that the driver can't be found and asking me to insert the disk. When I click that I don't have the disk, I invariably get a option to search for the driver, but it is never found. This has...
August 8th 08 11:18 PM
by Wyatt Acheson Go to last post
7 272
dynex device not recognized by USB by HenryJackson
My computer will not recognize a Dynex device I am using to transfer files from my old hard drive to my new computer -- HJ
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 3rd 08 10:35 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post
10 272
google goes blah by vi
Has anyone else had Google maps in internet explorer block web pages. The maps api says it can't find the map web page . Other browser does not have this problem?
November 28th 08 04:53 PM
by vi Go to last post
0 272
Slow Response from ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 with Dual Core Opteron by Nut Cracker
All, Here is my hardware config: ASRock 939Dual-Sata2 mobo, bios 2.30 AMD Opteron 175, dual core 2.2Ghz w/1M per core 2GB of DDR400 (4x512), dual channel XFX GeForce 7900GTX, 512M PCIe x16 Antec 430W PCIe PowerSupply Gigabyte Triton Series Case
February 14th 07 03:58 AM
by NuTCrAcKeR Go to last post

From The