cd/dvd drive corrupted after recent vista update (or something els by Adje-s
anybody experience this too and suggestions on how to correct /replace them there seem to be 3 drivers involved with my HP compaq presario cq70 optical device no qlue further than that. just no response with any disk action slimtype dvd A DS8A2L-A ATA device message: configuratiindata in register incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)
August 30th 09 02:41 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
2 190
Import Problems with my DV camcorder by Adli N
I have a panasonic, and when i try to upload video into windows movie maker, it say that the camera isnt conneted. I tried to find a vista driver with no luck, and it doesnt look so good.i only have a usb port as well as a DV port on the camera, (no firewire, i think). USB is all i tried with no luck, whats the DV port for? Thanks
June 7th 07 11:37 AM
by Aad Go to last post
2 159
Dlink DWA-552 under Windows 7 - 64-bit by Administrator[_11_]
Hi, I've been having software driver problems with my Dlink DWA-552 under Vista. When I booted my Windows 7 64-bit partition, Windows effortlessly installed the correct driver set and I have no problems. I looked into this magic a bit further and discovered that Windows 7 had installed two drivers for my DWA-552, both from system32/drivers: athrx.sys by Atheros and
February 12th 09 12:36 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
7 199
CD/DVD Drive's Icon Doesn't Refresh, Autoplay Doesn't Start by Admiral Talon
When I put one CD in the drive, it will show the correct icon and label, but Autoplay won't start. Windows reads the CD just fine, no problems. If I eject it and insert another CD, the icon and label are retained from the previous CD, and once again, Autoplay doesn't start. I've tried several different things, including checking the Autoplay settings, and checking the Autplay registry...
June 16th 08 04:44 PM
by Admiral Talon Go to last post
0 196
Centrino 1.3 MHz with 1GB RAM - 32-bit Graphic Card!! by Ado
Shall I proceed and upgrade my PC???
February 25th 07 09:07 AM
by Ado Go to last post
0 248
Centrino 1.3 MHz, 1 GB Ram, 32 bit Graphic Card by Ado
Shall I proceed and upgrade my Windows XP to Vista Business???
February 25th 07 10:54 AM
by William Dowell Go to last post
4 270
copying files from DVD extremely slow under Vista RC1 by Ado Neilson
My CD/DVD 4x +RW combo drive appears to have been correctly identified (Dell Inspiron 8600) - the name of the device is the same under Vista and XP. However, copying files from a DVD is achingly slow in Vista RC1. It took over an hour to copy files that I was then able to copy in under 5 minutes under XP. I also noticed that the driver details are much more extensive under XP than under...
October 1st 06 12:24 AM
by Jo Go to last post
1 173
Error Message by Adrian
OK everyone thinking caps on. I am currently posting this message from Vista in "safe mode". I am getting the dreaded blue screen of death from windows in "normal" mode. I am getting an error message which reads "Stop 0x000000EA THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER (Q293078)" As anyone had this come up as anyone recovered from this error? I have no idea which device driver it's on about as I cannot...
November 22nd 06 04:55 PM
by Kristan Kenney Go to last post
1 156
Vista problems by Adrian
I have just about finished with Vista RC1 Build #5600. The OS continually locks up stops responding or problems with hardware. I have totally reinstalled Vista I have repaired Vista and still I have problems. I have just looked in the Problem Reports and Solutions to find I have 128 Events (after 2 days) including 1. Stopped responding and was closed 2. Stopped working 3. Program...
December 13th 06 12:44 AM
by Johnathonm Go to last post
3 288
NVIDIA Quadro FXGo1400 - Dual Monitor Problem by Adrian Betschart
The initial Vista RTM driver worked fine on my Dell Precision M70 Notebook + external Samsung monitor. I have set up the external monitor to be the primary display. After Windows Update from January 25, the driver keeps setting the internal Notebook Monitor as Primary Display everytime I unlock the system. So I rolled back the driver and the problem disappeared. However the old driver has...
January 31st 07 06:06 AM
by Adrian Betschart Go to last post
0 242
IOMEGA 250GB Access Denied when is Sharing by AdrianSa
The Escenario is this: the IOMEGA device work fine on the Windows Vista but when I sharing this for access from WXP whit all permissions send me the mesage "Access Denied". From Windows XP I can see the share but dont access
October 18th 07 04:03 PM
by AdrianSa Go to last post
0 111
help drivers vista adsl modems by adsl dead
I've got 2 modem adsl: D-LINK DSL-302T URMET USB vista doesn't recognize any of them. can you help me? I've already checked the company which produce them. thank in advance ALberto
September 5th 06 08:19 PM
by adsl dead Go to last post
0 511
Windows needs to install drivers for xxx by Adz06
Ok, this is really starting to annoy me now. Everytime I turn on my pc I get lots of these messages. The software for the devices is installed. This includes my new Logitech MX5000 keyboard and mouse, it asks for drivers for the BT Mini-REceiver, My HP D5160 printer, and even my older microsoft mouse and keyboard. If I click find drivers windows doesnt find anything. With my printer, I can...
August 19th 09 03:07 PM
by GTS Go to last post
4 191
Wireless Keyboard & Mouse by aeaglenfitch
okay so here is my issue. im running vista 32 bit on a dell xps laptop. i've been using the microsoft Wireless Optical Notebook Mouse 3000 for quite some time now. recently i purchased a wireless mocrosoft comfort curve keyboard to go along with the mouse. the mouse comes with it's own little usb dongle wireless reciever and the keyboard comes with that big oval shaped reciever and it was my...
March 5th 09 08:10 PM
by aeaglenfitch Go to last post
0 125
Dual Monitors on Dell D820 with Nvidia N120 graphics card by AegidiusAK
I'm unable to get my desktop to extend to my second monitor, the problem i'm having is vista trys to extend to the laptop display and not the actuall monitor. All three displays are detected in the device manager, and this worked fine with RC1. I'm guessing its a driver issue, i'm using the new WDDM driver for RC2. Any ideas?
October 11th 06 03:54 PM
by AegidiusAK Go to last post
4 131
Unknown USB Device by aeroit
I have had problems with Home Premium edition not recognising some of my USB devices, USB memory sticks and my Sandisk Sansa e260 in particular (which is set to act as a mass storage device). I get the USB Device Unkown error Having contacted Sandisk they informed me that I am missing the following files usbstore.inf usbstore.sys
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 2nd 09 08:51 AM
by Luba Go to last post
10 344
Copy Folder Full on (D:) drive by aflyingcamel
I have been burning pictures to a CD in the DVD RW drive of my Toshiba laptop. I just started getting a message that reads "There is not enough space on Oct 28 2007. You need an additional 486 MB to copy these files." And this is in a window called Copy Folder. Now Oct 28 seems to be the name of the DVD RW Drive (D:). I don't know how it got that name but that's what it says everytime I...
December 2nd 07 05:55 AM
by aflyingcamel Go to last post
0 121
Ati-all-in-wonder 128 pci combo video cardo tv/video 32 MB by Afonso02
Who Knows about a generic driver for video card thats suport DVD creation in Vista Ultimate? I receive message thats my video card not suport this. I need a generic drive.Helps please. Afonso02
May 10th 07 10:24 AM
by Afonso02 Go to last post
0 132
Vista not shutting down my PC!! Help!!! by Afre
I just installed Vista on my new PC (680i EVGA Motherboard) worked great, still does, but after I did the vista online updates and rebooted it won't shut off my pc!!? Vista itself shuts down ok, my keyboard also, but my motherobaard, power supply, and all fans stay on, I let it go for about 10 mins. and still won't shut down, I have to manually hold down my power button for it to turn off,...
March 23rd 07 11:15 PM
by Don Go to last post
1 135
Keyboard keys remapped arbitrarily - NOT a NUM Lock issue by africandude
Hi there Forum, I have a fairly new Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li3910 Laptop and have been experiencing a strange, and extremely frustrating, keyboard issue for several days now. I have browsed through loads of forums, but to no avail. Well, maybe some of you may be able to help :confused: My keyboard seems to have been strangely remapped for some reason - some keys have been "added up" with one...
July 12th 09 10:04 AM
by africandude Go to last post

From The